Jones Lang LaSalle

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in March 2013.

Applied online and contacted by the manager via phone call. She asked me why I am interested in doing research. I had 4 panel interviews, lasting 2 hours. There were many intern candidates waiting outside.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you help other people to achieve their goal?   Answer Question
    • How you usually present data/information in a meaningful way?   Answer Question
    • If you have been given a land in the middle of commercial area, how you will develop it?   Answer Question

Lease Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in March 2013.

The first interview was a short chat. The person I was originally supposed to interview with was tied up so I interviewed with another supervisor who reported directly to the VP/Director. She said there was no actual position they were just interviewing to anticipate turnover because bonuses were being issued? Very odd. I came back about two weeks later for the skills test and was supposed to meet with the director but again she was MIA. I never heard back after that.

Interview Questions
    • I think if you have no experience at all with retail leases the skills test might be difficult but it is at least 50% basic business math.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in February 2013.

The first interview was with the head of HR. That interview was fine, average. After that things went downhill. The second interview was with 2 brokers, one who left after 5 minutes because something came up. They were not prepared and asked inappropriate questions (i.e. are your married, have kids). I didn't mind as they seemed to be making small talk. The third interview consisted of 6 people coming and going in the conference room, again asking inappropriate questions. None of them were prepared with ANYTHING, except one and even he was awkward. Obviously these people have never interviewed anyone before. I am slightly bitter because what happened next was even more unprofessional than anything else. I was told they picked another candidate, fine, whatever. The job has since been reposted. All they had to do was tell me they didn't think I was right for the position, not lie to me. I guess I am better off. Seemed like a great place to work, guess just not for me.

Jones Lang LaSalle Response

Oct 1, 2013Director of Operations

Thank you for sharing your interview perspective with us. While we are disappointed by your experience, we will use your feedback as an opportunity to improve the overall candidate experience in the ... More

Lead Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in January 2013.

The hiring process was pretty smooth. I applied for the position online and received a phone call to set up an interview with the Operations Manager. The interview was very laid back to my surprise; I think it just depends on the personality of the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a salary based on my education and experience.

Lease Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in January 2013.

Met with two supervisors. Very friendly. Informal interview. Had to return back for a skills test. Not terrible.Just test abilitity to pick apart info and Microsoft skills. No real way to prepare for it.

Senior Move Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Interview was very low key and communitive. Asked to talk about past experiences in moves, and people that I worked with.

I was asked what i needed. Then I was told the client woiuld pay 5k less. Then after I accepted, I was told I have to pay for parking which was $150 a month!

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in December 2012.

Received phone call from REgional Manager to discuss the position. Very brief and mostly to determine if the interest was still there on both ends. 2nd round of interviews was with the property manager and direct manager. Questions were related to experience, and the Marketing role and included programming questions, questions on social media marketing, how to increase sales, ability to report to client, etc. 3rd interview was with the Regional Manager again and included more difficult questions related to client relations and understanding sales, reporting, etc.

Interview Questions
    • If a client asks a particular question, how capable are you at obtaining information and delivering that information?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate pay up, but not to the level I desired. Close though.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in December 2012.

Process was seamless and well-planned meetings.

Interview Questions
    • What are your salary requirements - both short-term and long-term?   View Answer
    Very straight forward and honest.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

The first interview was over the phone with someone from HR. Normal question.
    The second interview was with the person I was replacing. She clearly had no training in interviewing.
    The third interview was with the executive that I would be working for. I love him, he is so friendly, it makes working for him a pleasure.
    The fourth and fifth interviews were with random employees that had been with the company for a long time. They could have used a course on "what not to ask". I was asked my age, which is a no-no for interviewing.
    Then once an offer was made and I accepted, they do a background screening which is outsourced. The company they used made errors and were pretty unprofessional, but luckily I kept paystubs to prove truth.
    The advice I have for potential interviewees, know your stuff because their will be a lot of eyes looking your resume over. Also reserve questions for later interviewers. Asking all you questions in your first interview actually made the rest of the interviewers think I wasn't as interactive, because I had no questions for them.

Interview Questions
    I was no able to negotiate.

Facilities Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in September 2012.

Each interview (3rd position) was a pleasant exchange on information. They wanted to see if I was a good fit for the job and client culture. I wanted to know if the position offered the personal and professional development opportunities that I desired.

Interview Questions
    • When asked to describe a challenge I faced at work which resulted in an unfavorable outcome.   View Answer
    none needed- salary and benefits were always above market