Jones Lang LaSalle Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.7

AP Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Interview

One phone interview and then two in person interviews. Process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• The interview was fairly easy. Very comfortable and felt more like a conversation   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Invited to interview in person after other candidates had already completed phone interviews and first in person interview. Interview with 2 team members simultaneously for an hour, then met with 2 executive team members simultaneously for an hour. After sending a "thank you for the interview" to all four individuals, didn't receive a response until three weeks later informing me that they were no longer hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• As a seasoned professional with diverse expertise, why would you want a lower-level position?   Answer Question

Brokerage Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. The first round was with the broker in question and the follow-up interview was with both the broker and their boss. Overall, fairly relaxed interviews where they basically just wanted to get to know who they would be working with as a person.

Interview Questions

• Do you hope to pursue a brokerage career down the road?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for a graphic design job and was given a phone interview (split across two calls). In the first call, her *very* first question was to sternly demand my salary requirements. I refused to give a figure and said I’m completely open. She practically barked at me, DEMANDING a figure. I finally told her that I’d like to make at least $X which is what I earned ten years ago (thinking this would be a low enough number and should satisfy her). Imagine my shock when she revealed “oh, this job isn’t going to pay as much as that” and the figure she gave me was akin to what I was earning in my first design job back in 2000. The second call consisted of her reading a list of pointless questions from a checklist (nothing to do with the position or my experience). She asked something about what I can tell her about their company. My “you’re a real estate firm” answer apparently wasn’t good enough because she got nasty and snapped “well when you have an interview with a company you’re supposed to research them!” Wow. I realize now I should’ve just hung up the phone. Her questions got even more and more silly, like, “What do you need to do your job?” I came right out and said I don’t understand what this question even means. Her response was. To. Repeat. The. Question. Slowly. And. Loudly. Word. For. Word. Again, I should’ve hung up the phone. (Oh, the question was referring to what equipment do I need, like a desk and a computer – YES of course I’d need a computer to perform my work!). The call finally ended and I never heard from her again (and I was glad for that!).

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle (Miami, FL).

Interview

Submit application and resume through online portal. Best to already know someone within the firm to send your resume direct as well, otherwise your resume may never cross the desk of the person actually doing the hiring.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for JLL and what do you know about our firm?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Met the gentleman who was going to be my boss plus a couple more people from the senior management. It took a while, but I think that was mainly because they tend to be careful not to hire someone unless there is a specific opening. Very admirable trait, but one that can drag out the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Given that my background was a very good fit, it was more about my personality. Not in a "test" way, but I got the sense that my future boss was trying to see if he would like working with me. No "gotchas" or anything like that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was open and fair. Make sure you do your homework about different levels and salaries, because it is not very easy to move up once you're here.

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

First round was phone interview screening, then a phone interview with the hiring manager at the office, then office interview with hiring manager and the head of the accounting department.

Call Center Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in February 2014.

Interview

Just call a temp agency. Seems like all the temp agencies want to place you with a call center. Just show up on time. go to training, dress nice. They will give you a book as soon as you walk in.

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Interview

Very long and tedious; kept calling me back for interviews; process too way to long and I decided not to continue the process. Too much jumping through hoops for this job. I don't mind have several interviews but to have to "wait" for a client to come on board and expect me to be around is expecting too much.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

JLL hires the top talent and those truly passionate about commercial real estate. As with any professional organization of its caliber and industry type, first impressions, appearances, experience and educational background are all very important. The culture is professional but warm. JLL tends to hire good people. This is important in a service industry dealing with people and customers all of the time. Integrity and a sense of mission/purpose are both highly valued.