Jones Lang LaSalle

Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in June 2011.

Received a call from HR after applying online and calling in a few times to check on status. Went in for 1:1 interviews. Met with 2 seperate people and one phone interview due to team member located out of town. Good interviewers, typical questions for fit, personality, some behavioral based like what was the last time you had a problem and how did you overcome it.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a difficulty at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in May 2011.

This was the typical behavioral phone interview to gauge interest and personality. I spoke with a corporate HR person not based in the office for which I was being interviewed. She asked the normal fit questions. Why are you interested in JLL? Why are you a good fit for JLL? She asked how I liked to organize myself.

I thought the call went well but I was not their ideal candidate because I didn't receive a call back.

They took about a week to respond with the normal form rejection letter.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in May 2011.

HR made initial contact and subsequently screened by HR. I had a thirty minute phone interview with the hiring manager. I had an intense face-to-face panel interview at one of their offices. They ask standard questions, but a lot, and they go back many years.

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in April 2011.

In a word: Smooth. Professional recruiter with good questions followed by solid interview with direct manager. Reviewed my resume, discussed the important points and have a great day.

Interview Questions
    • Any familiarity with Six Sigma or LEEDs?   View Answer
    What negotiation?

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in January 2011.

The interview process was very mis leading, and once I started my job I found that the actual requirements were not consistent with what had been described. My interviewers personalities changed once I began working as well. Offers of time off were rescinded and training was incomplete. The job itself was uninteresting and did not pay very well, I am of the opinion that they were so desperate to fill the position they misrepresented it so that I did not turn their offer down. I left after 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • How many years of experience do you have in your field   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate, this was a contract position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in October 2010.

Was offered the position by a previous manager.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation on base salary.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in October 2010.

Two Phone interviews, 1 face to face.
    Seemed like a great opp, has several offices.
    Would be the sole HR person for the Dallas office. Met with whole team on 2nd interview, lasted almost 4hrs.

Tip to know: Since JLL aquired Staubach group, some of the old employees are still in the office so they are labeled as Legacy JLL and Legacy Staubach, meaning they were there before the merger. They also want to be identified that way when you try to implement changes.
    Since the HQ is in Chicago for JLL, Staubach hate to call a help desk or, HR or get online for things. Just a cultural change they havent embraced yet.

After follow-up for 3 weeks, I was never called, then finally I got a hold of someone and was told they went with someone internal.

Kills me when companies do this, just open to your internal people first. Dont waste outsiders time, very frustrating and never sent the 'Thanks but no thanks letter.' either
    Overall seemed like a great company to work for, very professional/modern looking office space, everyone wore dark suits.

Facilities Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in September 2010.

Our Company had been outsourced to Jones Lang LaSalle, we were all told we had to re-apply for our positions and when the interview process came it wasn't what I expected. It was more of give me a list of what you do and to what extend. Not very professional, if you ask me. I would of liked to know more of the new company (JLL).

Interview Questions
    The Salary amount was non-negotiable. I was bumped out because the offer only had a 3% more than what I originally made. If you are between 27-32K 3% is not much.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in August 2010.

Responded to a ad. Was called in to interview with two people who were very nice - took about two hours. But had to come in again because a third person wasn't available the first time. This happened twice more! I interviewed with a total of six people including the client.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you failed and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    I haggled over my comp and got it raised by about 10%. Also haggled over vacation time. JLL standard is two weeks!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in July 2010.

Teams of two, mostly personality fit. Company seems to care more about pedigree than skill fit