Jones Lang LaSalle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in May 2009.

Interview Details – The standard interview consists of one or more managers who meet with you to get answers for various scenarios that they present. They are looking to see what type of problem solving and critical thinker you are. They go back and discuss what they each thought about not only your resume and experience, but your answers to the responses. This is a required element of the interviews for this company.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had a problem with a client. Did you resolve the problem and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant for the PDS Department Interview

Staff Accountant for the PDS Department
Los Angeles, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in February 2010.

Interview Details – My interview was for a staff accountant position at the Los Angeles office for their PDS department.
The interview process (at least for me) consisted of 1 initial phone screening interview after which I got invited to visit their offices in down town Los Angeles. I met with the regional director of finance and the person who would have been my immediate supervisor for a 2:1 interview. This interview was very friendly and I was asked a few questions about my experience and skills as well as a few behavioral questions. These two guys seemed quite intersted in me and seemed impressed by my qualifications. At the end of the interview I felt really good about my performance and the next day I was invited to the second round of interviews. This interview took place at their other location in LA and consisted of speaking with a vice president, an executive vice president, and an HR person (a 3:1 interview). The interview was also very friendly; however it felt repetitive as they asked many of the same questions. Also remember to take extra copies of your resume as the people I met with the second time did not have copies of them, they barely knew what my name was to be frank. This 3 people did not seem too impressed by my qualifications and mentioned that my college is known as party school (which it is) but I was still puzzeld about it since I never thougth it would be relevant. Even if it had been my university still managed to out rank their alma matters so I still don't understand why the party school reputation was brought up.

On another note the culture doesn’t seem bad, it doesn’t seem great either. Both of the LA offices were very quiet when I got there (you could practically hear a nail drop on the carpet 5 rooms away) not sure if that is a good sign or not, just thought I would mention it. I thought I did quite well in all of my interviews; however I did not get an offer (so either I didnt do as well as I thougth or other applicants did amazing). It’s a shame really, since I drove quite a bit to get there from northern california. That life I suppose.
My advice would be to prepare for the most common interview questions.
If you have the skill set for the job and are genuinely interested in the real estate industry, the best of luck to you!

Interview Questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in October 2009.

Interview Details – Getting the Interview: I was referred for the position by an internal employee. The position was not officially posted at the time of the initial e-mail exchange. Following a recommendation from that internal contact in addition to a second internal contact, I was called by the hiring manager.

Phone Interview: The phone interview was very casual and friendly. We discussed the intent for the position. We agreed to proceed with a face-to-face interview on-site. Interview details were coordinated directly with the hiring manager via e-mail.

On-Site Interview: The interviews took place in the office workspace which was on a secured office floor. The office space was typical cubicles with lower walls. Office environment seemed quiet and professional and all were dressed in business casual attire.

The interviews consisted of two 30 minute 1:1 sessions. The first session was with the hiring manager and took place in his office. The other was with a subordinate of the hiring manager and took place within a conference room large enough for about 16 people. Both interviews focused on typical interview questions (work history), responses to various senarios, personal values and/or character questions. There were no particulary odd or obscure types of "curveball" questions.

Interview Follow-up: Following the interviews I received positive feedback due to my very closely aligned work experience. I followed up with an e-mail to each of the interviewers within days. I never heard anything from the subordinate, but the hiring manager followed up with me within about a week by a phone conversation. At that time I was informed that the client opted to cancel that position in lieu of another more critical position to be filled due to the current financial environment.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lease Analyst Interview

Lease Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in May 2008.

Interview Details – Interview was very professional and the questions were pretty standard. The test at the end was tedious yet fair. All in all it was a positive experience and it has been a great experience thus far working for JLL.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Real Estate Interview

Real Estate
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in March 2007.

Interview Details – phone interview, then 1:1 with multiple people at different times. Be yourself, show that you have some intellegence, be personable, if you have valid experience and are a good fit for an open position, best of luck. It's hard to get in if you're not filling an open position, managers don't have that much freedom to create a new position unless there's a real pressing need for it.

Negotiation Details – Non existant

Property Manager Interview

Property Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in May 2009.

Interview Details – Great interview process. I met with one person who will be running the building they needed help with. Very friendly, interviewed for about an hour. I also met with the head of the region, very nice as well. Asked me pertinant questions and seemed as excited about me as I was about them.

Interview Question – Why did they keep you at your past company after the buyout   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Interview Details – 1st interview: phone interview: 30 minutes. fittness questions: tell me about your self? why do you want to work at JLL? what do you know about the real estate market in this country?
2nd stage: cases. 2 difficult cases in finance and valuation. and you got 1 week to do them.

Interview Question – 3rd (final) interview: online panel interview: 30 minutes. more technical questions in finance and valuation. plus market knowledge questions in real estate.

- the interviewers are very friendly and nice, and the interview goes very smoothly! well scheduled and paced! no stress. you just need to go well prepared to the interview in terms of knowing about the firm, about the market the firm operates at, and an understanding of basic finance.
- the 2 cases are a to-do-at-home. so you got all the time you need (in the span of 1 week). most of the work will require knowledge of microsoft word and excel. inorder to solve the cases, assumptions and numbers fetched from online reserach are welcomed!
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am still in the process of negotiations.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Interview Details – The process took 2 weeks. My first interview with HR on the phone for 20 mins and my second interview was a face to face with the hiring manager and coordinator for 40 mins. They acted quite quick from the time I submitted my application online. Both interviews were pleasant.

Interview Question – The interview was fairly easy. Very comfortable and felt more like a conversation   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Interview Details – group interview, then second and third individual interviews. had to do a presentation on the second and third interviews specific to the role

Interview Question – give me an overview of the global property market   Answer Question

MT Interview

MT

Interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle

Interview Details – Waited an hour for a 10-minutes group interview. The group was 20 people.

Not much respect and not really looking for a talent I think. Just a bureaucratic process.

Interview Question – You have ten minutes. Who wants to talk. What is your understanding to JLL.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jones Lang LaSalle