Jones Lang LaSalle Lease Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle (Bedminster, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online in January 2015 and was contacted in mid-February for an interview. The interview went well. Was also informed that I would have to take an Excel test and a Lease Abstracting test the following week. I prepared for the Excel test by taking online tutorials so I would not be completely unprepared. Test was supposed to be 2 hours long, yet I was only given an hour and 45 mins to complete this test. So of course more emphasis was placed on the three questions that I was not able to answer and therefore was not selected for the job. I am convinced that they don't test every applicant for this particular position, only certain people. People need to understand that not every person does well in test-taking situations.

Interview Questions

• What were your responsibilities and experiences on previous jobs?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Jones Lang LaSalle

Lease Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Interview

Received a call from the corporate recruiter for an interview over the phone. After the phone interview I went in to the office for a face to face interview. I received a call two weeks later with my offer. Simple and straight forward interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Initial interviewer by telephone very personable. Traveled to office to take a 30 minute abstract and rent calculation test on a day when the director was in the office. The director was a direct contrast to the personable, warm, and inquisitive person who conducted my telephone interview and who greeted me before the test.

Interview Questions

• Lack of questions. Lack of eye contact. Lack of interest in me. That was my experience with the director. The director spoke at me. Delivered a time share sales pitch like someone who was burned out but obligated to go on with the charade.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered low salary but high bonus potential IF the company paid bonuses that year. I countered for a higher salary. They gave it to me leas $1,500 and with a much lower bonus opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted through e-mail by a corporate recruiter, asking if I am still interested in a new opportunity. We agreed on a 30 minute time slot 3 days later, during which we further discussed the company, the role, and future career goals. Corporate recruiter offered me an in person interview at the end of the phone screen.

During the in person interview, I met with 3 managers, and a 6th year Analyst. Very smooth interview process. Felt very conversational, opposed to formal / stern. Took 2.5 hours.

Typical mix of questions, including behavioral ones. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just know exactly what your desired role entails, and be able to elaborate on how your skills fit that mold. Also, know the basics regarding the company's objectives and goals.

As for the skills test, it was very straightforward and overall easy. Simple math, and analytical thinking.

Interview Questions

• If someone in your group is not contributing to the team, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although I tried negotiating, they didn't budge. Nonetheless, I was comfortable with the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle (Bedminster, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

The first interview was a short chat. The person I was originally supposed to interview with was tied up so I interviewed with another supervisor who reported directly to the VP/Director. She said there was no actual position they were just interviewing to anticipate turnover because bonuses were being issued? Very odd. I came back about two weeks later for the skills test and was supposed to meet with the director but again she was MIA. I never heard back after that.

Interview Questions

• I think if you have no experience at all with retail leases the skills test might be difficult but it is at least 50% basic business math.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with two supervisors. Very friendly. Informal interview. Had to return back for a skills test. Not terrible.Just test abilitity to pick apart info and Microsoft skills. No real way to prepare for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle (Dallas, TX) in February 2009.

Interview

Began with a phone interview. I then went in for a one on one interview with manager. Took a skills test. Good questions were asked. Was called back for a second interview with more senior management which went terribly. The manager asked almost no questions and seemed entirely bored. To my surprise I received a fairly decent offer and accepted the position. There was a drug screen and background check. The background check was extensive. They asked for w-2's from my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• Descrive a time where you were faced with an unethical challenge and how you addressed the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Slightly. Negotiate for a higher salary. They try to push it off on bonus which is "gauranteed" although they had bonus and salary freeze periods when I was there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2008.

Interview

Interview was very professional and the questions were pretty standard. The test at the end was tedious yet fair. All in all it was a positive experience and it has been a great experience thus far working for JLL.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question