Jones Lang LaSalle

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Interview Details – Initial interviewer by telephone very personable. Traveled to office to take a 30 minute abstract and rent calculation test on a day when the director was in the office. The director was a direct contrast to the personable, warm, and inquisitive person who conducted my telephone interview and who greeted me before the test.

Interview Question – Lack of questions. Lack of eye contact. Lack of interest in me. That was my experience with the director. The director spoke at me. Delivered a time share sales pitch like someone who was burned out but obligated to go on with the charade.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered low salary but high bonus potential IF the company paid bonuses that year. I countered for a higher salary. They gave it to me leas $1,500 and with a much lower bonus opportunity.

Bedminster, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in March 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was a short chat. The person I was originally supposed to interview with was tied up so I interviewed with another supervisor who reported directly to the VP/Director. She said there was no actual position they were just interviewing to anticipate turnover because bonuses were being issued? Very odd. I came back about two weeks later for the skills test and was supposed to meet with the director but again she was MIA. I never heard back after that.

Interview Question – I think if you have no experience at all with retail leases the skills test might be difficult but it is at least 50% basic business math.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted through e-mail by a corporate recruiter, asking if I am still interested in a new opportunity. We agreed on a 30 minute time slot 3 days later, during which we further discussed the company, the role, and future career goals. Corporate recruiter offered me an in person interview at the end of the phone screen.

During the in person interview, I met with 3 managers, and a 6th year Analyst. Very smooth interview process. Felt very conversational, opposed to formal / stern. Took 2.5 hours.

Typical mix of questions, including behavioral ones. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just know exactly what your desired role entails, and be able to elaborate on how your skills fit that mold. Also, know the basics regarding the company's objectives and goals.

As for the skills test, it was very straightforward and overall easy. Simple math, and analytical thinking.

Interview Question – If someone in your group is not contributing to the team, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Although I tried negotiating, they didn't budge. Nonetheless, I was comfortable with the offer.

Dallas, TX

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in February 2009.

Interview Details – Began with a phone interview. I then went in for a one on one interview with manager. Took a skills test. Good questions were asked. Was called back for a second interview with more senior management which went terribly. The manager asked almost no questions and seemed entirely bored. To my surprise I received a fairly decent offer and accepted the position. There was a drug screen and background check. The background check was extensive. They asked for w-2's from my previous employer.

Interview Question – Descrive a time where you were faced with an unethical challenge and how you addressed the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Slightly. Negotiate for a higher salary. They try to push it off on bonus which is "gauranteed" although they had bonus and salary freeze periods when I was there.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jones Lang LaSalle in May 2008.

Interview Details – Interview was very professional and the questions were pretty standard. The test at the end was tedious yet fair. All in all it was a positive experience and it has been a great experience thus far working for JLL.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Worked for Jones Lang LaSalle? Contribute to the Community!