Jones & Carter

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jones & Carter

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jones & Carter in December 2010.

I received a call from a former co-worker and decided to submit my resume. I was brought in the office for an initial interview with my future manager and a few corporate members. After the initial interview, a second interview was held with a future co-worker and a different office location manager.

Interview Questions
    • What was once thing you wish you could change from your previous employer and how would you change it? And Why did you not accept our original offer 4 years ago?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jones & Carter in March 2010.

The interview process went rather smoothly. I had a three part interview for the intern position. The first was with the man who would be my boss. He asked me basic interview questions and gave me a run down of very basic responsibilities that I would have. The next interview was with the same man and a woman. I think the woman was supposed to make me feel more comfortable but her presence had the opposite effect. She was very abrasive to be part of the interview process. The last interview was with my boss' boss. He was a VERY intimidating man. He waited a long time before asking me my first question which wasn't a question at all, "Tell me about yourself" is the most awful interview question. It gives you a very fine line to walk between telling too much and not enough. After the initial statement things went more smoothly and he told me they would be in touch. I received an offer letter the following week.

Specific Title Withheld Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jones & Carter in October 2011.

After a phone interview, an in-person interview was scheduled. The interviewers from HR were very friendly and asked the basic questions. I then interviewed with the department manager, who I had met before. I took a computer skills test on a computer with an odd set-up. I was scheduled to meet the company president on a different day. This meeting was a little more stiff and formal but went well. I was later scheduled for a final meeting with the company president, but an offer was not extended right away. An additional meeting with the company president was scheduled a few weeks later, when an offer was extended and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years?   View Answer
    I was only able to negotiate salary. When considering an offer here, please know that the office hours are not flexible for most people. The health benefits and 401(k) management are very good and the ability to maintain an engineering license is very easy.