Journal Register

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Pontiac, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Journal Register.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two people. It was very professional and went well.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Correspondent Interview

Correspondent
Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Journal Register.

Interview Details – I saw an ad in the paper for a correspondent. I brought my "clips" and resume to drop off. The secretary gave it to the editor and he wanted to see me right then. I was hired.

Interview Question – I was with my very young children in tote at the interview since I was expecting to be interview. He told me that I could bring my children to work assignment and if anyone had a problem with that see him. He said was I alright with that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We just negotiated when my assignments would be due and the word length.

Very Easy Interview

Reporter Interview

Reporter

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Journal Register.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard back within a reasonable amount of time (about a week or so). Through email we quickly scheduled an interview. The interview itself was laid back. We chatted about my past experience and went into further details of the position - standard stuff. At the end of the interview, the editor discussed the salary because it was quite low and she wanted to be fair to applicants by letting them know, which I did appreciate. Overall, it was a pleasant interview experience and I enjoyed speaking with the editor.

Interview Question – Detail of my skills   View Answer

Worked for Journal Register? Contribute to the Community!