Journeys shoes Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2014

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Journeys shoes in April 2014.

Applied for an Asst. Manager position. Got called in for an 'informal' meeting. After talking with the Store Manager I was told that they don't hire outside for managers, they start at floor level & then work their way up the ranks because it takes too much time & effort to train new people as management.

Other Interview Reviews for Journeys shoes

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Journeys shoes in January 2012.

The interview was pleasent. I was interviewed by the area manager. She was really nice. She really liked me and the interview was pretty casual. She liked my experience and the fact I was educated. She wanted something different. Then she wanted me to go international for the company after 6 months, and even suggested that I should go into the legal team for the company in the future if I desired to attend law school (That's what I want to do in the near future). My problem was the schedule. I liked the fact it was a chill and relaxed job, but it just wasn't for me. I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • If we hire you, do you plan to have a career with the company?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next few years with Journey's or our other brands?   Answer Question

It really wasn't going to be enough pay. They pay based on commission. It was a risk. Plus, I had school and I was offered a better position from another company that I could see myself going further.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Journeys shoes in May 2011.

I went online, applied for a job at Journeys.
    I got a phone call the next day and they told me they wanted to interview me.
    I accepted the offer.
    They called me back, and told me the interview would take place a different location.
    I went to that specific location, and I told them I am there for a interview, and they all seemed puzzled, like they were not expecting me. :/

They made me fill out an application, and something else that shows what kind of person you are ... like are you quiet, this and that.. blah blah. I filled that out too.

Then we sat down at the food court with the manager, and she asked me what I did at my previous job, and why I want to work at Journeys and stuff like that.

They also told me they work commission.

NO thanks ;)

Interview Questions

I didnt want to work commission, and I dont think I would like to work in that environment.

Worked for Journeys shoes? Contribute to the Community!