Journeys shoes

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Journeys shoes.

The interview was super chill. Felt more like a conversation with a friend than a job interview. Basically all easy questions, availability and whatnot. After it was done I got hired on the spot. Overall awesome experience.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Journeys shoes.

I got 2 interviews, they asked me what i liked to do, if i had after school activities, my availability, and just anything about me that would help the company strive and what are some weaknesses and strengths

Interview Questions
    • "pretend that i'm the customer.. Sell me this shoe"   View Answer

Co-Manager Interview

It was really quick.. my DM seemed rushed and just gave me the job without even asking me much questions. He literally said "aw f**k it, congratulations you're hired", shook my hand and that was literally it.

Interview Questions
    • none, just sat there and listened to what my interviewer had to say   Answer Question
    quick, brought up my resume to make sure i got the highest amount

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Journeys shoes in November 2014.

It was very laid back. It was supposed to be a group interview but on 2 people showed up including myself. Me and the other girl talked for a few minutes until we started our interview. The manager asked us general how did you handle/what would you do type questions and asked us stuff about ourselves it took about 45 minutes all together including the waiting and the interview. I got a call back 3 days after my interview and went in for onboarding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strongsville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Strongsville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Journeys shoes in November 2014.

I had my very first interview today at Journeys☺️. It when alright, I think. The questions that I wanted them to ask me they didn't, which was kind of a bummer because I had already had my answers prepared. The guy said he would call me within a week to tell me if I got the job. All around though it went pretty well...

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation where you had to persuade someone into doing something?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose Journeys?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Journeys shoes.

The interview process has been very laid back and not stressful at all, they make it very comfortable to talk and answer their questions. It is more like a conversation then an interview.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you question based on ur experience or items you put into your application.   Answer Question
    Take the offer, journeys has great employees so far, extremely friendly and helpful. Definitely give it chance!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Journeys shoes in October 2014.

Very laid back and chill, dress attire is anything pretty much no need to dress up i did felt dumb, It was a group activity consisting of at least 6 one person did not show up. she explained the job and what they want you to do and how to sell. first she had us grab a shoe, sell it to her. she asked how you would greet a customer and start a conversation. What accessories would you sell with the shoes.

Interview Questions
    • If you can be any superhero or have a super power what would it be? and why?   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Journeys shoes in September 2014.

I got there only 5 minutes early and waited for at least 10 or 15 minutes for the manager to get back from taking the garbage out. I interviewed with the Co-manager and the interview was extremely easy. The questions were basically "explain a time when you..." type of questions. The Co-manager and I had similar hobbies and talked a little about that and he explained to me about training and the dress code. I thought for sure I might have the job since the interview went so well. He told me he would get back to people in a couple of weeks because the managers were going to go on vacation. A couple of weeks went by and no phone call so I decided to call them to make sure they were still in the process of hiring. They told me they would hopefully call me by the upcoming Sunday. Still no phone call. I then called a second time to again make sure they were still in the process and the co-manager told me he needed to take care of a few things and will hopefully get back to me. It has been another week and still no phone call. If they didn't want me then I wish they would have just told me.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to sell something to someone. (it was difficult because I have no experience)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Journeys shoes.

I applied online and 3 days later they called asking if I wanted to join a group interview. There were about 7 other people and most were in high school.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were really easy. They ask what are your future plans.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Journeys shoes.

The manager had me sit outside the store while I was being interviewed. She asked questions about my experience working, and how I would handle situations of high stress or high pace. She then went over dress code(there is none), commission(4%), and employee standards (don't come in drunk or high).

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell someone an accessory/socks? (Upselling)   Answer Question