Journeys shoes

Updated Nov 21, 2014

1.9

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Journeys shoes.

The interview was super chill. Felt more like a conversation with a friend than a job interview. Basically all easy questions, availability and whatnot. After it was done I got hired on the spot. Overall awesome experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Journeys shoes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Journeys shoes.

The interview process has been very laid back and not stressful at all, they make it very comfortable to talk and answer their questions. It is more like a conversation then an interview.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you question based on ur experience or items you put into your application.   Answer Question
    Take the offer, journeys has great employees so far, extremely friendly and helpful. Definitely give it chance!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Journeys shoes in October 2014.

Very laid back and chill, dress attire is anything pretty much no need to dress up i did felt dumb, It was a group activity consisting of at least 6 one person did not show up. she explained the job and what they want you to do and how to sell. first she had us grab a shoe, sell it to her. she asked how you would greet a customer and start a conversation. What accessories would you sell with the shoes.

Interview Questions
    • If you can be any superhero or have a super power what would it be? and why?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Journeys shoes.

The manager had me sit outside the store while I was being interviewed. She asked questions about my experience working, and how I would handle situations of high stress or high pace. She then went over dress code(there is none), commission(4%), and employee standards (don't come in drunk or high).

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell someone an accessory/socks? (Upselling)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

It was a very casual setting- no real place to interview, I actually interviewed on a show lawn mower in the walkway outside. However, I figured it would be really laid-back. The guy I talked to was very nice and personable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl City, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl City, HI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Journeys shoes in June 2014.

I applied online and a few weeks later, the manager called asking me to come to an interview in a few days. My interview was in a group of about 5 other people, mostly teens and young adults. The manager was extremely friendly. She basically just asked us all a bunch of questions, but it was really laid back. She asked us pretty basic interview questions: why we want to work at Journeys, our strengths and weaknesses, and how we'd sell a shoe to her. She asked for an example of a project we're really proud of.

Non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Journeys shoes in May 2014.

I called the store after I applied online and the manager told me to come in for an interview. He left the packet with the interview questions on his desk! But he told me about himself and I did the same. He asked simple questions about being a leader and the days I was available. It was a very short interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was when he asked has there ever been a time I had to help someone make an important decision.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Journeys shoes in May 2014.

It was pretty laid back and easy. The manager took me outside the store and talked to be about the basics of the store and what I'd be doing if I got the position. Then he showed me around the stockroom and that was pretty much it. He did't ask me any questions because I didn't have any prior retail experience.

I was offered another job sooner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beachwood, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Journeys shoes in April 2014.

I originally went in to turn in a paper application, but the assistant manager said they only did onlines! So I introduced myself and he took my contact information and I went home to do the online application. A few days later, I was getting dinner at the mall and went in to introduce myself to the Store Manager and he liked that a lot. The next day I got a call to set up an interview. It was very calm and the assistant manager interviewed me and we went to the food court. It was a lot of questions about "What would you do/What have you done in these situation" questions which I could use actual examples to with having past work experience. About 5 days after I called as he was calling me to tell me I got the job!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Journeys shoes in April 2014.

I applied online and was contacted after about four days. We set up an interview for a few days later. The interview was very informal, the questions were easy ( I was nervous and had problems with that, but it shouldn't have been an issue). The guy interviewing me was very laid back and friendly. It was ultimately a good experience.