Journeys shoes

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Journeys shoes in May 2014.

Interview Details – I called the store after I applied online and the manager told me to come in for an interview. He left the packet with the interview questions on his desk! But he told me about himself and I did the same. He asked simple questions about being a leader and the days I was available. It was a very short interview.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was when he asked has there ever been a time I had to help someone make an important decision.   Answer Question

Pearl City, HI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Journeys shoes in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few weeks later, the manager called asking me to come to an interview in a few days. My interview was in a group of about 5 other people, mostly teens and young adults. The manager was extremely friendly. She basically just asked us all a bunch of questions, but it was really laid back. She asked us pretty basic interview questions: why we want to work at Journeys, our strengths and weaknesses, and how we'd sell a shoe to her. She asked for an example of a project we're really proud of.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to be persuasive.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Journeys shoes in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was pretty laid back and easy. The manager took me outside the store and talked to be about the basics of the store and what I'd be doing if I got the position. Then he showed me around the stockroom and that was pretty much it. He did't ask me any questions because I didn't have any prior retail experience.

Reason for Declining – I was offered another job sooner.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Journeys shoes in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted after about four days. We set up an interview for a few days later. The interview was very informal, the questions were easy ( I was nervous and had problems with that, but it shouldn't have been an issue). The guy interviewing me was very laid back and friendly. It was ultimately a good experience.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Baytown, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Journeys shoes in May 2010.

Interview Details – they ask for resumes then openly ridicule each applicants hand writing, years of experience, and how they act as a person. then interview the ones they think are "cool". then hire that person not educating them that they will be worked for the 9 hours a week.

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Beachwood, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Journeys shoes in April 2014.

Interview Details – I originally went in to turn in a paper application, but the assistant manager said they only did onlines! So I introduced myself and he took my contact information and I went home to do the online application. A few days later, I was getting dinner at the mall and went in to introduce myself to the Store Manager and he liked that a lot. The next day I got a call to set up an interview. It was very calm and the assistant manager interviewed me and we went to the food court. It was a lot of questions about "What would you do/What have you done in these situation" questions which I could use actual examples to with having past work experience. About 5 days after I called as he was calling me to tell me I got the job!

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Journeys shoes in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, received a call the following morning for a group interview. At first i was nervous because i had never done one before but i knew shyness wouldnt get anywhere. I volunteered to share about myself first i think it gives you an advantage. After i had gone i felt so much more relaxed and found relating to what the others had to say. 2 weeks later i received a call which shocked me because i was offered the job without a 1 on 1 interview. Just be yourself shake off all the nerves before your interview and be jolly and happy. Plus, dont ramble about things that dont relate to what they're asking you. Goodluck !

Interview Question – Simple questions: When was a time you had to deal with a difficult/angry customer how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage + Commission

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Journeys shoes in May 2011.

Interview Details – Simple single interview process, only one face to face interview

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to use persuasion   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate, minimum wage with commission

Lehi, UT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Journeys shoes in December 2013.

Interview Details – The initial interview was easy. You absolutely have to wear shoes that they carry in the store you are applying for. I wasn't asked normal interview questions. They want to see how friendly and persistent you can be. So make sure you are funny and really try to become your hiree's friend almost instantly. Know about the shoes you are wearing, too. I was called back later that day and was scheduled a second interview. I was expecting more questions but that wasn't the case at all. I was told to put on a lanyard and become the friend of the next person to walk in. Don't try to sell shoes. Just be their friend and talk to them. The next person to walk in was 2 Asian men who barely spake English. I had a conversation for a while with them. It just took a little digging to get to their talking parts.

Hyannis, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Journeys shoes in November 2013.

Interview Details – I put in a online application and two days later I was asked to come in for my interview. The manager brought me to the Dunkin Donuts and asked me a decent amount of questions. We ended up chewing the fat for almost a half an hour. I was asked the typical questions for a retail position.
Ended up getting the position which ended up being a great birthday gift.

Interview Question – The first question caught me off guard which was 'What does integrity mean to you?' I honestly forgot what it meant at that one moment. Every other question though was very simple and easy to answer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Sadly no negotiation about pay.

Worked for Journeys shoes? Contribute to the Community!