Joy Global

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Joy Global.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview questions with specific questions regarding information on resume. There were no real questions regarding technical information, just asking what programs and projects were completed in the past for previous employers.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were unsuccessful in a project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate a signing bonus but no pay increase.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Joy Global.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of meet and greet through on-campus career fair, phone conversations, and one on one interviews with would be direct supervisor, department manager, and HR representative. Interview process was surprisingly easy and conversational, mostly questions about how the department operates and how my experience could relate to their current challenges and goals.

Interview Question – Questions were casual in nature, typical behavioral questions with no unexpected curve balls.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At an intern level I did not feel comfortable negotiating for additional compensation.

Coat Engineer Interview

Coat Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Joy Global in April 2011.

Interview Details – Selected by Chief Project Engineer

Interview Question – Why are you the most qualified?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and respectful by this Chief Engineer

Commercial Manager Interview

Commercial Manager

Interviewed at Joy Global

Interview Details – Head hunters process...

Interview Question – Why you want to wokr in joy Global?   Answer Question

IT Applications Manager Interview

IT Applications Manager
Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Joy Global.

Interview Details – Basically didn't need to go thru the hiring/interviewing process, I had worked there several years as a contractor and they knew what they were getting.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to take a pay cut going from contractor to employee, and they told me their offer was the max HR would allow for the position. I bitched, they threw in an extra week of vacation.

Developer Interview

Developer
Franklin, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Joy Global.

Interview Details – They asked me if I could use SharePoint. I told them Yes...I got the job.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Joy Global.

Interview Details – Fun, friendly and laid back. Took about 45 minutes. I was taken into a nice and comfortable boardroom with HR and the man who would have been my supervisor. I was asked a handful of behavioural questions. I was also given a really good description of the job and was told some information about the company itself.

Interview Question – What has a coworker done that has annoyed you most and way?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than I was originally told I would make, so I happily accepted.

Assistant Interview

Assistant

Interviewed at Joy Global

Interview Details – rigourus interview, they contact you by HR, then you have an interview with your boss

Interview Question – None   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Joy Global in June 2010.

Interview Details – HR recuiter called for phone interview and schedule a hiring manager phone interview.
After a few days, schedule an on site interview, 5 one hour1:1 engineer team interview, one 1:1 HR intrview.

Interview Question – Each interview cover 2 group of bahavior related questions such as problem solving, decesion making, creative etc.   Answer Question

Worked for Joy Global? Contribute to the Community!