Joy Global Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.0

Welder Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Joy Global in April 2011.

Simply easy. There was no interview all I did was do a 1 inch plate test and I was an employee. The field manager at the time knew when to hire a person based on welding test an there work ethic.

There wasn't one.

Electrical Engineer Design Drafter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, PA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Joy Global in February 2014.

I was hired through an agency, but had 2 interviews in the office. The first interview was a group of 3 people from engineering department and 2 HR ladies. Easy interview but nerve wrecking having to be interviewed by a panel of people.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with electrical components?   Answer Question
    They offered more than I was asking for for compensation.

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Longview, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Joy Global.

Two interviews. Happened years ago. Not much to say. Came it, tol em my experience, started working a couple weeks later. Been working ever since. Although they do lie about advancement and 90/180 day raises

Interview Questions
    • You were asked to do basic math and conversions   View Answer
    They offered, I accepted

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Joy Global.

Behavioral interview questions with specific questions regarding information on resume. There were no real questions regarding technical information, just asking what programs and projects were completed in the past for previous employers.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate a signing bonus but no pay increase.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Joy Global.

Interview process consisted of meet and greet through on-campus career fair, phone conversations, and one on one interviews with would be direct supervisor, department manager, and HR representative. Interview process was surprisingly easy and conversational, mostly questions about how the department operates and how my experience could relate to their current challenges and goals.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were casual in nature, typical behavioral questions with no unexpected curve balls.   Answer Question
    At an intern level I did not feel comfortable negotiating for additional compensation.

Coat Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Joy Global in April 2011.

Selected by Chief Project Engineer

Simple and respectful by this Chief Engineer

Commercial Manager Interview

Head hunters process...

IT Applications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Joy Global.

Basically didn't need to go thru the hiring/interviewing process, I had worked there several years as a contractor and they knew what they were getting.

Interview Questions
    I had to take a pay cut going from contractor to employee, and they told me their offer was the max HR would allow for the position. I bitched, they threw in an extra week of vacation.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Joy Global.

They asked me if I could use SharePoint. I told them Yes...I got the job.

easy

Sales Estimator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Joy Global in June 2011.

The interview process consisted of 3 different interviews.
    Initial interview was by a third party recruiting agency. Interview was approximately 30 minutes long and by phone. Most questions were behavioral and general.
    Second interview was in person at the employers office. Interview included the position manager and HR manager. The interview included more detailed discussion about the requirements for the position and my own background.
    Third interview was also by phone with a higher level manager for the department and was more informal than the rest.

Interview Questions

Worked for Joy Global? Contribute to the Community!