Joyce Leslie Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.2

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Joyce Leslie.

Interview

It is more of a test, not an interview. Carl "security" will ask you questions about closing the store, taking in the truck, opening the store, and common procedures. But don't get a little thing wrong or you will fail.

Cashier Interview

Interview

easy peasy glassdoor is a great site but i wish i didn't have to type this in right now. It has a lot of useful information hiring and interview questions hiring and interview questions is it 30 words yet?

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Joyce Leslie (Phila, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Was called by the district manager for a interview finally ( after submitting and applying ALOT) was asked to bring a former employer pay stub or w2 ,knowing that I had a great ethic I wasn't worried so I did so ......the district manager blew me off never got back to me .Wasn't sure what went on it was a waste of my time!

Management Interview

Interview

I couldn't even get an interview because whoever called was so rude and kept putting it off!

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

After filling out an application, I received an interview with the Store Manager. The store manager interviewed me and asked me questions such as, "Have you worked in retail before?", "Do you have any experience handling the cash register?", and "How many hours would you be available to work?". Interview lasted approximately 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you encountered in your previous experience that was difficult to handle, and describe how to resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Head Pud Puller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moonachie, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Joyce Leslie (Moonachie, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

Awesome they know very tons about retail................

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Turnersville, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Joyce Leslie (Turnersville, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

First you will fill out a general data questionaire ... most of the questions are fool proof such as would you steal yes or no or have you ever done drugs yes or no, if yes please name them by street name (lol) The girl who interviews you is most likely your age or younger, possibly older, but not by much. The interviewer is either going to be a key holding manager or the general manager of the store, they ask you about your schedule when you can work there and if you're willing to change your schedule in order to come in to work some times. Then they'll send your data form into corporate (usually taking 1-3 business days to return) and hire you while telling you your salary (which the manager will usually make).

Interview Questions

• There are really no difficult questions. They normally don't even base if off of the questions they give to you on your data test, that's for corporate to look over and approve, and if your questionaire gets sent into corporate then that means the person who interviewed you has already pre-approved you and if you passed the data you are hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Joyce Leslie (North Haven, CT) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview process is extremely quick. Went in and applied, received a phone call that same night, interviewed the following day and received a phone call with an offer two days later. Interview questions are simply where have you worked before and how do you feel about working with clothing. They asked me to start right away, within a day or two, however I needed to give my job two weeks notice. They don't tell you what the schedule is like during the interview but it is extremely strict.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about merchandising? What experience do you have with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation however they pay extremely well.

Sales Associate-Joyce Leslie Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Joyce Leslie (Marlton, NJ) in September 2009.

Interview

took a day got a call the next week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Joyce Leslie in April 2009.

Interview

I didnt even have an interview...after a long day of interviewing other jobs, i reluctantly came into this store as a last resort..... i filled out the application and gave it to the manager. She reviewed it quite impressed and said she would call me for an interview....no call for like a week and then i get a call from the other manager (total swetheart) running down my work schedule for the week. I was like "huh? what do you mean work schedule, i didnt even know i was hired". The manager failed to tell me that i actually got hired the same day, claiming she forgot....