Judlau Contracting Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2015

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Judlau Contracting

Field Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Judlau Contracting in April 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call from my school's career department letting me know that Judlau was requesting an interview the next day. I went in the following day, and they started with the same basic

Interview Questions

• "If you were asked to build a room on a subway platform, how would you do it?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me an offer form to sign, and HR was very unresponsive, including once I attempted to negotiate. I actually had to contact my interviewer multiple times since I was running out of times on other offers, and by the time my interviewer made my HR rep contact me back AT ALL, I had no time to negotiate, so I was stuck with deciding on the original offer. But they didn't tell me that I receive time and a half in overtime, and that I'm being paid weekly instead of biweekly, so my overall pay is actually way better than expected.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Judlau Contracting (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I met them at an engineering career fair. I received an interview in 2 days and met with them during the week. The one interview I had consisted of 4 different logic and thinking process puzzles. Great company if you are interested in contracting. A large enough company to move up in but also small enough to get to know people in the organization. A great intern experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic logic questions that can be found in logic books.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Judlau Contracting (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview was exciting and invigorating. It involved some complex analytical questions which would determine your ability to think quickly and on your feet. Final answers aren't important, just a willingness to complete the task. Not sure if that is hiw it is still done because they have been bought out by OHL and I interviewed 5 years ago.

Interview Questions

• Develop a Gantt chart for several tasks.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Judlau Contracting (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Turned in an application at a student career fair, and was given a 1:1 Interview the next day at the school. They sent me an offer, and then I had to interview again (this time in Queens) with a supervisor. Apparently they are made up of several companies and you can tell them which one you're most interested in.

Interview Questions

• If you have more coils on the load side then the feed side of a transformer, does it increase or decrease the voltage?   Answer Question
    • Define electrical power, units and equation.   1 Answer

Recieved an offer from another company that seemed more interesting

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Judlau Contracting in November 2009.

Interview

I met Judlau at a career fair and the reps for the company were extremely approachable so I was excited to get an interview with them. The interviewer was a different person, but it was irritating in that the interview kept getting postponed last minute. In fact, one time they actually decided to postpone the interview the morning of the day I had to interview. Lucky for me I checked my email before I left my house. This started to make me think that Judlau was not being very professional, especially after I found out why the interview was postponed. The interview itself was not a typical interview. It was an interview that tested your knowledge and how you think. This wasn't exactly a hard interview but it as definitely different from what I was used to.

Interview Questions

• A schedule for two people were given and you had to plan the schedule out so that they both ended at the same time.   Answer Question
    • A list of work to be done in a room as given and you had to put that list in order from what was to be done first to last.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Judlau Contracting in February 2008.

Interview

The Interview Process Once you have sent your resume to a company and survived the weeding out process, your resume typically gets passed along to the hiring manager. Phone Interview So why do companies conduct phone interviews? Phone interviews give the company a chance to get a feel for your skill-set, interests, desired compensation etc., and see if there is a match between their needs and your strengths. If there is enough common ground, then the phone interviews are almost always followed-up by an in-person interview. Phone interviews are generally conducted in two steps. The first step is with a recruiter in Human Resources. The second step is a technical interview, usually with one of the people you would be working with. Technical phone interviews are usually only conducted for people living outside the geographical region. This is done because the company wants to have some level of confidence in your technical abilities before they decided to spend the money to fly you in for an in-person interview.