Jumeirah

2.7

Duty Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jumeirah in October 2008.

It was an international intracompany transfer. The position was open online, a manager knew me and referred me. I received a phone call for an interview. It was pleasant and not intimidating, probably because the manager who I was talking to, knew the person that referred me and completely trusted her.
    It was more to gauge my personality and if I fitted in the team, in this particular case.
    It took a little over a week to get the process started, and a few months with visa etc for me to come to the US. The impression I had from the interviewer and future manager was that I was in good hands. Everything I had hoped for to get with Jumeirah, I got fairly easily. This includes being promoted 5 times in 8 years of service.

No negotiations

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jumeirah.

Was fairly straightforward. I was referred by an employee, and had worked with them before. 3 Interviews, Hiring manager, Human Resources and General Manager, all on the same week. 2 weeks later, i was informed I made it. Then negotiations for perks and benefits. There was a significant wait time for visa processing as its quite a complicated task.

Interview Questions
    • BBI Type questions- Describe a situation where you dealt with a difficult colleague in front of customer and how did you handle it. what was the follow up.   Answer Question
    Quick and efficient, Clear cut boundaries set for negotiations

Manager Interview

Apply on careers section in jumeirah.com. Network with managers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how your boss would speak about your performance in your current workplace   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jumeirah.

Company sent to HR reps to university for interviews. Great recruitment video and marketing PR, bubbly and enthusiastic presentation. The alarm bells should have started ringing when 100% of those interviewed got offered jobs....sort of defeats the purpose of them coming all the way to europe

none

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jumeirah in July 2010.

Got the job through referral and recommendation of a present employee.
    No direct interview
    Simply a process of filling out an application form and having my references checked.
    Human resources were fast to employ me, and dealt with visas swiftly.
    Warmly received and welcomed on arrival.

No negotiation

Concierge Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jumeirah in August 2008.

The interview was quite lengthy. First interview was with the Operations Manager. Then I did not hear anything for two months. Then the second interview was conducted by the Resident Manager and HR Manager. Prior to the second interview I was give some case studies to be presented during the interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, package offered was great.

Director of Brand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Jumeirah in April 2008.

Inital email communication internally to pre-qualified candidates followed by an application process. General session with colleagues interested in the position to go through person spec and job description. Then short list for interviews with chief officer and encumbent in the role. Interview was a bit intimidating in the corporate office and given that this was a new role expectations were high. Follow up conversation with the person doing the role was helpful and gave the opportunity to speak in a less formal manner over coffee.

Interview Questions
    • What are the four components of brand management?   View Answer
    All via email and without much empathy for long standing position in the company.