Jump Associates

Jump Associates Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jump Associates

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jump Associates.

Phone interview, submittal of portfolios and case studies, followed by an inperson interview

Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Jump Associates in March 2011.

The company has a great outward facing image. Kinda like IDEO and others that want you to believe they are actually cooler than they are, the process to apply is more long and winding than others. They claim to put your resume on file and contact you if you are a fit.

The first email I received just asked me about a location preference. The second email I received said that I was being passed on. This left me a bit confused but ironically clarified what is going on internally, which is that they don't have their bearings right.

For the amount they make you work to warrant a reply, the reply seemed terse and hence offensive. There was no justification provided. Also being asked what office I was interested in and then suddenly passed on, made no sense. There was also no sensitivity, which again provides clarity that I would have ended up as a cog in a greasy wheel. So thank you.

I bet there is a line to get in. The velvet rope makes it oh-so-very alluring.

Vice President Business Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jump Associates.

There is a phone interview which is quite well done. Honest questions and quite friendly.

Interview Questions
    • The issue is not the questions asked - it is the "process" of their interview. They get your hopes up with a nice interaction and then utterly fail to follow up. Expectations are wildly divergent from what actually happens. Namely: one phone call, silence, silence, silence... then a form letter   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Jump Associates.

Very detailed phone interview that lasted almost 2 hours long. 1 recruiter and 1 current Associate. Reviewed a case study on the spot by sharing desktops via Skype.
    Questions were mainly posed as if I were actually working on this case for Jump. I answered to the best of my abilities. At some points I felt as if the interviewers were not listening or were disdainful of my answers, but I was very honest with my opinions and analysis of the case.

Interview Questions
    • I had to sketch my ideas for the fictional company and send them the scans of the sketch   Answer Question

Externship Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jump Associates in March 2011.

Actual interviewers were fantastic, friendly, open and engaging. Interview support was lacking though. Emails went unanswered, information provide on interviewers was wrong, and never got back to notify me that a decision had been made. A follow up discussion revealed a surprising lack of knowledge of my application from the recruiting lead. Not sure what information was ultimately used in review process.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about your past projects and what were the highlights you took away from each?   Answer Question