Jumpstart

Updated Aug 10, 2014

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Corps Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Jumpstart.

The online application is lengthy and requires a lot of detail. Best to have past experience working with children either by some kind of volunteer work or community service. The application is pretty simple and straightforward, just answer honestly and make sure you sound ardent about what you do.

Interview Questions
  • Straight forward questions about working with children and in a group with other member and what would you do in certain situation. Pretty much questions similar to what was asked in the online application.   View Answer
Just figuring out which days you'll work depending on your schedule.

Other Interview Reviews for Jumpstart

Corps Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Jumpstart.

Basic Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Jumpstart in October 2010.

I emailed the representative for the university, she contacted me back and told me to complete the online application in which I did. A few days later I was called in for an in person interview. She was very nice and calming. The interview room was in the individual prep room with had tons of arts and crafts so It lightened the situation a bit. The site managers were fairly young and light hearted.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a disruptive or problem child.   View Answer
    • How would you resolve a dispute between corps members?   View Answer
    They offered me a position on the spot. You do however have time to think about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jumpstart in September 2010.

It was one of the most unique interviews I'd ever been in. They don't interrogate you across the room like most interviewers. They have crayons and markers and posterboards and pipe cleaners laid out all across the table. They ask you to draw pictures and think of scenarios and design activities.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember. The best thing to do is focus everything back to the benefit of the child or children. It was all basic interview questions, just catered toward playing with and being around children.   View Answer
    No negotiation. They basically pay you minimum wage and they let you know how many hours you must work. You don't find out where or what preschool you will work at until they are done with hiring and they place everyone according to where they live.

Corps Member Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Jumpstart in September 2010.

very quick, basic interview. asked simple questions about work history and walked me through my resume. she also had me answer some case questions, but they were nothing you could prepare for. very straightforward and common sense.