Jumpstart

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Jumpstart

Interview Details – personal, don't feel scared or timid. talk about real life scenarios. would ask what would you do if this happened. got you thinking about future and current goals and how this could help you. more then just a job.

Jumpstart Corps Member

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Jumpstart.

Interview Details – First, I submitted a very detailed application and corresponding 'essay' type questions, which took a few hours to be able to really sit down and properly work through. The interview was one-on-one and very straightforward. The questions were aimed at gleaning information about your skills and strengths. This position is for college students who may not have much professional experience, but who likely might have had a chance to lead a group or volunteer.

Interview Question – No tough questions - just know your skill set and past experiences well so that you can explain how you would apply what you know to the position. Also, do some research into the position and perhaps the national discourse on education, reform, etc.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Jumpstart in September 2010.

Interview Details – It was one of the most unique interviews I'd ever been in. They don't interrogate you across the room like most interviewers. They have crayons and markers and posterboards and pipe cleaners laid out all across the table. They ask you to draw pictures and think of scenarios and design activities.

Interview Question – Don't remember. The best thing to do is focus everything back to the benefit of the child or children. It was all basic interview questions, just catered toward playing with and being around children.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They basically pay you minimum wage and they let you know how many hours you must work. You don't find out where or what preschool you will work at until they are done with hiring and they place everyone according to where they live.

Corps Member

I applied online and interviewed at Jumpstart.

Interview Details – Basic Questions

Interview Question – it was not difficult   Answer Question

Jumpstart Corps Member

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Jumpstart.

Interview Details – The interview went well because my interviewer was very nice and professional. I was asked a number of questions off of a sheet. There were a lot of questions where I was given a scenario and asked what I would do in that situation to achieve a certain goal. The questions seem like more of a preparation for you to understand what you need to do on the job and also to help them learn about you to match you to a child. Basically, it seems like everyone that applies gets hired. I think I was offered a job right at the end of the interview (can't quite remember).

Interview Question – How would you bring literacy to the block area?

Your team members are off task and distracted. How would you get their attention and get them back on task?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. you get paid a set workstudy amount or stipend. If you want the americorps education award, you must commit to a certain number of hours.

Jumpstart Corps Member

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Jumpstart.

Interview Details – It's an one on one interview and they ask basic questions about your past experiences and your experiences with teaching children.

Interview Question – What would you do if your group members did not follow directions?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Jumpstart in October 2010.

Interview Details – I emailed the representative for the university, she contacted me back and told me to complete the online application in which I did. A few days later I was called in for an in person interview. She was very nice and calming. The interview room was in the individual prep room with had tons of arts and crafts so It lightened the situation a bit. The site managers were fairly young and light hearted.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a disruptive or problem child.   View Answer
  • How would you resolve a dispute between corps members?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me a position on the spot. You do however have time to think about it.

Jumpstart Corps Member

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jumpstart.

Interview Details – Simply I applied to be a JumpStart corp member and I received a call a week later. They started with a phone screening asking about career interest reasons for applying and so forth

Interview Question – How are you planning to impact the life of a child in a positive way?   Answer Question

Full Time AmeriCorps Interview

Full Time AmeriCorps

Interviewed at Jumpstart

Interview Details – Basic questions on why you want to be there and past work related to public service.

Corps Member

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Jumpstart in September 2010.

Interview Details – very quick, basic interview. asked simple questions about work history and walked me through my resume. she also had me answer some case questions, but they were nothing you could prepare for. very straightforward and common sense.

Interview Question – what is a challenge you might face?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Jumpstart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Jumpstart interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Jumpstart employees and interview candidates.