Juniper Networks Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks.

Went for a test engineer position. 4 Interview rounds. 3 tech and one manager
 Got an excellent boss. Very Happy about it.

Interview Questions
  • there was an unexpected reference about my previous boss.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Juniper Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Juniper Networks in March 2011.

The position was ASIC Verification. Initially had two phone screens. Then they called me for an onsite interview which consisted of 4 interviews and lunch with the ASIC manager, each lasting for 45 minutes. All four of them were technical. Work culture seemed very good.. there was a basketball court which was occupied at all times..My advice: just relax and be yourself and interview with a clear mind Get your C, C++ and digital logic basics strong. .prepare a list of questions you would wanna ask the interviewers. If you've put something in your resume, then be prepared to answer any questions on it..

Interview Questions
    • Basic C++ inheritance questions   Answer Question
    • Describe the operation of a FIFO   View Answer
    • setup & hold, why is it required, metastability, latch and flop implementation in verilog, clock skew related questions and simple pattern detection state machine   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks in June 2010.

i was asked for a phone interview and then an on site. the interview was not tough. but thye didnt get back to me. they asked about my projects... some logic gates.. interview was easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Juniper Networks in February 2008.

Its good. They ask C and general system side and networking stuff.

I cant describe it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Juniper Networks in January 2008.

The hiring manager called me and described the position briefly. Asked me whether I'd be interested in talking further. I agreed and was invited for a 1:1 round of interviews.
    I met 3 people during this round - the hiring manager, one technical guy, and another junior manager. They went over my resume asking me questions about my projects. Very basic technical questions. The junior manager expressed a concern that I seemed like a job jumper - which was strange because in 12+ years I've changed just 3 companies - and was with my previous employer for over 6 years when I was interviewing with Juniper!
    Anyways, they called me again for another round. This time it was with 3 more people. Questions where more technical this time but of average difficultly.
    I got invited for another round after this stage. This time it was a panel of two database programmers from IT and all they had to ask was database administration questions. This was strange because the position I was applying for did not mention database administration as part of the requirements nor did I claim to have this expertise. So this was surprising nevertheless.

Interview Questions
    • Which function/setting in the oracle database controls how much space is allocated for indexing?   View Answer

I'd received another offer during this time - and in all of the interviews I got the feeling that they did not seem sure what skill-sets were actually required for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks in October 2010.

1>HR Recruiter gives a call.

2>The interview process follows starting from phone-cal with 1-2 hrs calls.

3>3 phone interview calls

4>In person face-face interview call and presentation.

Not Competitive

Engineer Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks in February 2010.

Phone interview for about half an hour. About a week after that, on site interview. Decision came a couple days later and then background check begins. Background check takes about 1 week. The interview questions are very reasonable, most of them are related to the work you do. Not much IQ / brain testing questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Juniper Networks in July 2008.

First round:

Technical face-to-face
    Questions based on Resume+other technical

Fourth round:
    HR

Interview Questions
    • Design a lawn mower to cut grass.   View Answer
    • Core Technical questions related to N/w .
      Modeling a n/w related to a particular scenario given the budget and various scenarios. Meanwhile a lot on Protocols was asked
        Answer Question