Juniper Networks Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Went for a test engineer position. 4 Interview rounds. 3 tech and one manager Got an excellent boss. Very Happy about it.

Interview Questions

• there was an unexpected reference about my previous boss.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Juniper Networks

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

organized and systematic. Covered a wide range of areas. Different interviewers focused on different aspects. most of the sections in the resume and skill sets mentioned in the resume were covered. Interviewers went through the experience in chronological order-recent experience to older experiences

Interview Questions

• Question on Deep packet inspection and functionality. How does it work, typical configurations, scale and performance etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The position was ASIC Verification. Initially had two phone screens. Then they called me for an onsite interview which consisted of 4 interviews and lunch with the ASIC manager, each lasting for 45 minutes. All four of them were technical. Work culture seemed very good.. there was a basketball court which was occupied at all times..My advice: just relax and be yourself and interview with a clear mind Get your C, C++ and digital logic basics strong. .prepare a list of questions you would wanna ask the interviewers. If you've put something in your resume, then be prepared to answer any questions on it..

Interview Questions

• Basic C++ inheritance questions   Answer Question
    • Describe the operation of a FIFO   1 Answer
    • setup & hold, why is it required, metastability, latch and flop implementation in verilog, clock skew related questions and simple pattern detection state machine   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

i was asked for a phone interview and then an on site. the interview was not tough. but thye didnt get back to me. they asked about my projects... some logic gates.. interview was easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Its good. They ask C and general system side and networking stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I cant describe it.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

The hiring manager called me and described the position briefly. Asked me whether I'd be interested in talking further. I agreed and was invited for a 1:1 round of interviews. I met 3 people during this round - the hiring manager, one technical guy, and another junior manager. They went over my resume asking me questions about my projects. Very basic technical questions. The junior manager expressed a concern that I seemed like a job jumper - which was strange because in 12+ years I've changed just 3 companies - and was with my previous employer for over 6 years when I was interviewing with Juniper! Anyways, they called me again for another round. This time it was with 3 more people. Questions where more technical this time but of average difficultly. I got invited for another round after this stage. This time it was a panel of two database programmers from IT and all they had to ask was database administration questions. This was strange because the position I was applying for did not mention database administration as part of the requirements nor did I claim to have this expertise. So this was surprising nevertheless.

Interview Questions

• Which function/setting in the oracle database controls how much space is allocated for indexing?   1 Answer

I'd received another offer during this time - and in all of the interviews I got the feeling that they did not seem sure what skill-sets were actually required for the position.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Bangalore (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

1>HR Recruiter gives a call. 2>The interview process follows starting from phone-cal with 1-2 hrs calls. 3>3 phone interview calls 4>In person face-face interview call and presentation.

Not Competitive

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks in February 2010.

Interview

Phone interview for about half an hour. About a week after that, on site interview. Decision came a couple days later and then background check begins. Background check takes about 1 week. The interview questions are very reasonable, most of them are related to the work you do. Not much IQ / brain testing questions.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Bangalore (India)) in July 2008.

Interview

First round: Written test: 15 IQ/Aptitude/Intelligence questions 35 Technical questions from Networking,OS,Data Structures,C,C++,,S/w Engg etc Second round and Third round : Technical face-to-face Questions based on Resume+other technical Fourth round: HR

Interview Questions

• Design a lawn mower to cut grass.   1 Answer
    • Core Technical questions related to N/w . Modeling a n/w related to a particular scenario given the budget and various scenarios. Meanwhile a lot on Protocols was asked   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO negotiation