Juniper Networks Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

3.1

M Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

Standard interview process. Gave a C program and asked to explain the complete program execution with memory changes. Asked Networking, C programs and Operating Systems questions. Projects and skills also discussed.

Interview Questions

• Gave a C program and asked to explain the complete program execution with memory changes.   Answer Question

Resident Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sioux Falls, SD).

Interview

it was a an extensive in depth interview. I had 4 rounds of interview. 1st one was with the team lead. 2nd one was with my peer RE. 3rd and the 4th was conducted by Sys Engg's. Indepth interview was conducted by the SEs.

Field Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

Very standard phone interview with the potential manager. Four phone calls, about an hour long each. Very standard questions. They just want to make sure you are aware of who Juniper is and what the role entails. Very responsive interviewer, the process only lasted a week.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

Both phone and in-person interview, unfortunately managers distracted and unfocused during process. Recruiter and HR not in sync. Received different information about salary and job description. Regional manager not responsive after initial interview. Met in person at remote site. Also required to travel to regional HQ for interviews with 5 different managers.

Director of Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

5 different phone interviews + an in person - day long interview consisting of one-on-one interviews plus group interviews. The entire process took over 90 days. I would be contacted and interviewed and then Juniper would drop off the deep end for a month and then call again. The most unprofessional interview process i have ever had been through.

Software Engineer JUNOS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Juniper Networks (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It's phone interview,Interviewer was very friendly and helped me in thought process while I'm stuck with certain questions. Mostly focus is on C Data structures where at the end you will be given some time to write code and we are supposed to mail back the code which decides outcome

Interview Questions

• Question was to check for loop with in Linked List. You need to write function that takes Linked List as input argument and checks for Loop with in it. Asked to write test cases for the problem   1 Answer
    • Some basic C questions on bit wise operations, like how to find number of one's in given 32 bit number ?   1 Answer
    • How to find duplicates in Array ?   1 Answer
    • difference between TCP and UDP. How to choose between them when you are developing any application. How can you incorporate reliability over UDP ? What would be difference between ACK in TCP and UDP?   Answer Question

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online using Linkedin which was redirected to Juniper career website. Got a call from the hiring manager after two weeks and was set up with an onsite interview for that very week.

Instructional Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First of all, was invited to apply by current employee who'd seen my LinkedIn profile. Job description was partially applicable. Was hoping they were looking for someone to develop into the role. Submitted application, and was sent an email with pre-screen questions. Responded to that, sure that a phone interview would not be offered (was perhaps a little too honest about skill gaps). Surprisingly, a phone interview was scheduled with three consecutive people. Each interview was to be a half hour. Baffled, but hopeful at this point. First person talked very quickly for about 15 minutes. Content over the cell phone was garbled. Tried to recap for understanding. Was told to simply answer the question. Asked for the question to be repeated slowly and clearly. Best guess is that it was about philosophical approach to the role. Second person focused on questions about handling difficult people, though this person was friendly. Third person was late for the call. That's not a problem; things happen. That person made a point of stating familiarity with my LinkedIn profile and résumé. Then asked a couple questions that were condescending in tone and were clearly from someone who had not read my LinkedIn profile, nor my résumé. While it was clear after the first interview that the company was not a good fit, by the third person, I really wanted to use the time to my advantage somehow, and produce something of value from the conversations. Alas, that did not happen.

Interview Questions

• From the pre-screen: Why are you interested in this company?   Answer Question

ASIC Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Juniper Networks in May 2015.

Interview

It was a telephone interview with the hiring manager. Started with general stuff about tell me about yourself and later they explained more about the open position on hand. I had two rounds to confirm my skill level. Needed some preparation on interviewee side. If I had cleared this - the next step was two rounds of interview with team and managers.

Interview Questions

• If you know system verilog. Write Fibonacci series. Can you reduce the variables?   1 Answer
    • Learn about properties and try to apply same while writing assertions and coverage points.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

Telephonic interviews. Three rounds till now. In the 1st round, related customer facing experience was asked and resume walkthrough. In the 2nd round, one project from master's course mentioned in the resume was asked to be described. The 3rd round is a technical round. In all the rounds, the interviewers were very friendly and there was no pressure felt. Waiting for outcome.