Juniper Networks

193 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Commodity Manager Interview

Commodity Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview Details – Very slow to communicate. Indications that position needed to be filled immediately yet after 3 weeks no decision has been made. Unsure if position is filled or not and again - lack of any communication.

Director, Corporate Strategy Interview

Director, Corporate Strategy

Interviewed at Juniper Networks

Interview Details – All team members and peers organization talks and tries to find out answers of their own, altogether the interview process is on the average side. Be prepared to answer what you have written in your resume as per the audience in front of you.

Interview Question – Why did you leave the last company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a better option

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Juniper Networks in June 2014.

Interview Details – Good and personable recruiter. The coordinator set up interviews very quickly.. The first round of interviews went well but then absolutely zero communication...VERY Unprofessional! with no response to my follow up emails

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Juniper Networks in June 2014.

Interview Details – My resume got picked up by an employee. I got contacted the next day if I could schedule a phone interview. The interview was about thirty minutes. I got asked mainly about the projects on my resume in detail and the languages that I know with a focus on Python. Super nice guy -- started off the conversation talking about how the weather was and joked around.

Interview Question – Pretty standard. He focused a lot on the projects that I had done in my resume.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Senior Staff Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks in August 2010.

Interview Details – One on One interviews, both in person and on the phone. This took place over the course of several weeks as the group came down to 2 qualified candidates, myself and another person. In the end it was decided to hire both of us as we have complimentary skills. We are both in the group to this day.

Negotiation Details – very easy - I asked for a salary and got it. Truthfully, this interview was in 2008. *I* was recruited as I had specific skills required for a hard-to-fit position.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Juniper Networks in March 2012.

Interview Details – Long process. Multiple interviews over a couple of months. Interviewed with future peers, boss, co-workers, and management.
 It took a couple of weeks for the paperwork to go through after I was told verbally that I had the job. The whole process took so long that I called to check to see if something went amiss and started interviewing elsewhere.
 I already had a contract job with the company, so the interview process wasn't as long as others being hired at the same time as me. One of them had 16 interviews.

Interview Question – It has been two years since I interviewed for this job. I don't recall the questions; just that there were a lot of them and of all types since I interviewed with all types. I don't recall any particularly difficult question. There were a few unexpected questions just because that is the nature of the jobs of those interviewers. Technical questions included topics from across the product portfolio, and from architectural to specific commands to troubleshooting.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Resident Engineer Interview

Resident Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview Details – This is probably one of the most rigorous interview processes that I've ever been through. The process included no less than 4 technical interviews as well as 2 personnel interviews. And then you get to interview with the client.

The fact that Resident Engineers are actually embedded into a clients network team is the primary reason why the interview process is so rough. Juniper has to be 100% certain that the engineer knows what he's doing as they'll be the Juniper "SME" working with the client at the client's facilities.

Interview Question – The technical interviews are given by other RE's or SE's. They are heavily technical which I expected. But I have to say after the 3rd technical interview I was wondering if the job was really worth it - it is!   Answer Question

Field Operations Analyst Intern Interview

Field Operations Analyst Intern
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks in April 2014.

Interview Details – There was a 30 minutes interview. The person who interviewed me was very kind and friendly.
Spoke about my resume and projects and experience. She was very much impressed and complimented me. I was told that I would receive a response soon. Waited for a week and sent a follow up mail. Unfortunately got a reject.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions were asked.   View Answer

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Systems Test Engineer
San Jose, CA

I interviewed at Juniper Networks in March 2014.

Interview Details – got call through career fair

Interview Question – Interview was fine but they required experience in Scripting language   Answer Question

Software Engineer IV Interview

Software Engineer IV

Interviewed at Juniper Networks

Interview Details – good process
professional
4 rounds
good technical rounds

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Worked for Juniper Networks? Contribute to the Community!