Juniper Networks

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through university career recruitment. I was offered an interview on our campus. It took about 30 to 45 minutes. I was interviewed by an engineer who was rather friendly and didn't feel intimidating at all.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Juniper Networks.

A few interviewers just asked me to describe things I had done at other companies. Others asked questions to make you think outside the box, and I had one session on a problem totally unrelated to ASIC design to see my thinking process.
    About a 4-5 hour interview without a lunch break. Pretty tired at end.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging design problem you ever had to solve?   Answer Question

ASIC Engineer Interview

interviewed at Juniper Networks in January 2015.

I was referred by employer and got called by a director from Juniper. The whole process takes about 2 weeks. He ask me about my background and projects I have ever done. Most questions are about my projects. Make sure you understand all the detail about your resume.

Interview Questions
    • What are setup time- and hold time- violations and how to resolve them.
      Project detail.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I attended the job fair on campus and met their representatives. They chatted with me about my past experiences and took my resume. After the event, I applied through the campus recruiting network, get invited to an interview on campus. The interview went smoothly and the whole process was very professional.

Interview Questions
    • There was a technical question at the end, but the solutions seem trivial somehow.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Everything went really smooth. The recruiter was very friendly. Had a phone interview then the second round was onsite interview with the team. At onsite was interviewed by the product manager and the hiring manager for about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Just basic questions related to operating systems, data structures.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Very detailed interview process - technical rounds with most seniors in the team. Straight forward and technical questions were asked. A strong technical knowledge was expected. More deeper technical questions if the candidate has prior experience in a particular subject. But, if answers were not known the interviewers were keen to explain and make it look like a healthy conversation.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Called by recruiter & interviewed within a few weeks. Then an behavioral and technical interview. Interviews were conducted by the team and the lead engineer. Questions were pretty standard, no tough questions.

Resident Engineer Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks.

As with most technical positions at Juniper, the interview process was primarily focused on skills and knowledge. I had been working with Juniper before and had been part of interview teams so I knew what to expect and prepared myself.

When applying for an engineering job, expect multiple technical interviews with groups of two or more. Make sure that you don't lie in your resume. If you claim to know OSPF, you better know it well because you will be grilled on it. You are not expected to know everything, so it is up to you to say "I don't know", or "I am not certain, but I would expect it to be so and so". Never, never ever make up an answer.

Interview Questions
    • The "which bit goes here" questions. I hate them, and they prove nothing more than that the candidate prepared and is able to memorize stuff that you'll find out with one google query. Except of course the most important stuff like "what are EXP bits".   Answer Question
    With Juniper, I never needed to negotiate, they always outperformed my expectations.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Juniper Networks in September 2014.

Applied online. Heard from a scheduler within a week and was scheduled with Peer Interviews within a couple weeks. The scheduler was not very adept at her position since there were several miscommunications on their side, but nothing catastrophic.

Since the 4 peer interviews it took 2 weeks for the in house recruiter to follow up with me (after I repeated reached out to her) and she indicated it would be a few more weeks, months, till they moved anyone to the next step (in person interview with hiring manager).

At this point I am in limbo and its been about 6 weeks since I first spoke to someone there (not including the time between sending in a resume and first hearing from them). My thoughts is there are things going on which they are sharing and perhaps the position is being "restructured". Regardless, its a long time to be left hanging there.

Interview Questions
    • no real 'out there' questions. Most of the questions were relevant to the position and my experience.   Answer Question

ASIC Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Juniper Networks in September 2014.

I got a email from the ASIC manager. Next thing he scheduled a phone interview. On the Phone interview he asked me to explain about some of my projects. After about half an hour, Interview was over. He was not satisfied with the explanation and said he would get back to me but did not.