Juniper Networks Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Followed-up with recruiter through LinkedIn. Scheduled 2 technical phone interviews. First was all about resume. In the second phone interview, asked one coding question. Had to email the code of the solution I proposed on phone. Got the offer in a week.

Interview Questions

• full analysis of resume, one coding question about palindrome but tricky   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online to a few different positions, was referred internally by a family member, and was contacted via e-mail by a Juniper HR representative, who requested my availability and a writing sample. I had my first phone interview and was contacted shortly after about moving forward to speak with two other members of the marketing team over the phone. After my last interview, I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and greatest strength?   1 Answer

Training Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

Applied online, had normal phone screen with HR and then I was scheduled to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. Strangest phone interview EVER! Hiring manager said the interview would go like this - they would talk about the job & the company for 10 minutes, I would tell why I thought I was qualified for the job for 10 minutes and then they would answer any questions I had for 10 minutes.
    There were zero questions for me. It was like having to give a 10 minute speech on why you're a good candidate. It was not a conversation by any means. It was obvious that I was on speaker and they had themselves muted while I was talking and the one question I didn't have the guts to ask was "why would I want to work for someone who can't even be bothered to give 100% of his attention to a prospective job candidate?"

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very nice interviewee. The whole process took about half an hour. I talked about related project I have done, and the interviewee talked about the position's requirements, what are their focus right now. At last, i asked some questions. Not too much pressure.

: Software Engineer Big Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Resume Selected online and was called for on site.
    45 minutes round onsite
    -then was kept on hold

Few days later HR contacted me.
    The manager who kept me on hold reffere me :) (I was lucky)
    then 30 mins telephone round

Interview Questions

• Resume Selected online and was called for on site.
      45 minutes round onsite
      - Data Structures (Hash table all concepts)
      - JAVA concepts
      - Puzzle (2 eggs 100 floor building find threshold)
      - Basic hadoop Question.
      - Migrate a row from SQL to key value store

30 mins telephone round
      - Longest Palindrome
      - In-Pre-Post Order traversal with and without recursion

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted the next day. It was an Onsite interview in their HQ.
    It lasted about 45 mins.
    The position was software development in routing core. Positive experience. No Hassle.
    Pretty easy. Basic C,C++ questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Give size of pointers of various types, like char pointer, int pointer etc.   1 Answer

ASIC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

one phone interview, ask questions about projects. one easy design questions. then on-site interview in the next week. 5 round interview. ask problem about timing issues, setup, hold time violations. pattern detection. writing some verilog code. ask about sram, ddr. ask about how to design a TCAM.

Interview Questions

• if the inverter's input is connect to its output. how the output voltage curve should be like   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Juniper Networks in February 2015.

Interview

The process began with a questionnaire and telephone interview followed by a series of in person interviews with the hiring manager and senior leaders.

In short, I found the experience to be highly unstructured and lacking professionalism. I had to constantly reach out to move the process forward. Moreover, during one of the interviews, the interviewer was not only a half an hour late but proceeded to disparage current/former colleagues, which was highly inappropriate.

I left with a sense that the organizational culture may not be aligned with my values. This was reaffirmed weeks later when I had to make several inquiries to get an update on the decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a lack of established processes?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through university career recruitment. I was offered an interview on our campus. It took about 30 to 45 minutes. I was interviewed by an engineer who was rather friendly and didn't feel intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview

A few interviewers just asked me to describe things I had done at other companies. Others asked questions to make you think outside the box, and I had one session on a problem totally unrelated to ASIC design to see my thinking process.
    About a 4-5 hour interview without a lunch break. Pretty tired at end.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging design problem you ever had to solve?   Answer Question