Juniper Networks Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.1

Resident Engineer Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

As with most technical positions at Juniper, the interview process was primarily focused on skills and knowledge. I had been working with Juniper before and had been part of interview teams so I knew what to expect and prepared myself.

When applying for an engineering job, expect multiple technical interviews with groups of two or more. Make sure that you don't lie in your resume. If you claim to know OSPF, you better know it well because you will be grilled on it. You are not expected to know everything, so it is up to you to say "I don't know", or "I am not certain, but I would expect it to be so and so". Never, never ever make up an answer.

Interview Questions
    • The "which bit goes here" questions. I hate them, and they prove nothing more than that the candidate prepared and is able to memorize stuff that you'll find out with one google query. Except of course the most important stuff like "what are EXP bits".   Answer Question
    With Juniper, I never needed to negotiate, they always outperformed my expectations.

Software Engineer III Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

phone interview asking about your existing role and then 1:! with 5 people, which were technical rounds testing c, data structure,networking , problem solving skills. Interviewers were good.
    Hr round was about usual stuff on hobbies, current salary, expected salary and other benefits.
    There was a director round talking about the BU and the focus of BU and next stuff that they intend to do,

Software Engineer Interview

1 phone screen

5 onsite - 4 engineers in increasing order of their seniority and 1 manager.
    Manager asked technical questions too.

Generic C, Algorithms, DS and networking questions
    Phone screen - hashing TCP IP simple OS questions
    Onsite - MPLS Binary trees linked list C coding

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

This was a phone interview. Interview lasted about 15 min and was very straight for? What did I know about the company? How did my skills translate to the position? Salary?

Interview Questions
    • Salary requirement, only because it was in a field I'm not used to working in.   Answer Question

Commodity Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Very slow to communicate. Indications that position needed to be filled immediately yet after 3 weeks no decision has been made. Unsure if position is filled or not and again - lack of any communication.

Director, Corporate Strategy Interview

All team members and peers organization talks and tries to find out answers of their own, altogether the interview process is on the average side. Be prepared to answer what you have written in your resume as per the audience in front of you.

Had a better option

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Juniper Networks in June 2014.

Good and personable recruiter. The coordinator set up interviews very quickly.. The first round of interviews went well but then absolutely zero communication...VERY Unprofessional! with no response to my follow up emails

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Juniper Networks in June 2014.

My resume got picked up by an employee. I got contacted the next day if I could schedule a phone interview. The interview was about thirty minutes. I got asked mainly about the projects on my resume in detail and the languages that I know with a focus on Python. Super nice guy -- started off the conversation talking about how the weather was and joked around.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard. He focused a lot on the projects that I had done in my resume.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks in August 2010.

One on One interviews, both in person and on the phone. This took place over the course of several weeks as the group came down to 2 qualified candidates, myself and another person. In the end it was decided to hire both of us as we have complimentary skills. We are both in the group to this day.

very easy - I asked for a salary and got it. Truthfully, this interview was in 2008. *I* was recruited as I had specific skills required for a hard-to-fit position.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Juniper Networks in March 2012.

Long process. Multiple interviews over a couple of months. Interviewed with future peers, boss, co-workers, and management.
     It took a couple of weeks for the paperwork to go through after I was told verbally that I had the job. The whole process took so long that I called to check to see if something went amiss and started interviewing elsewhere.
     I already had a contract job with the company, so the interview process wasn't as long as others being hired at the same time as me. One of them had 16 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • It has been two years since I interviewed for this job. I don't recall the questions; just that there were a lot of them and of all types since I interviewed with all types. I don't recall any particularly difficult question. There were a few unexpected questions just because that is the nature of the jobs of those interviewers. Technical questions included topics from across the product portfolio, and from architectural to specific commands to troubleshooting.   Answer Question

Worked for Juniper Networks? Contribute to the Community!