Juniper Networks Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

3.2

Training Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Applied online, had normal phone screen with HR and then I was scheduled to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. Strangest phone interview EVER! Hiring manager said the interview would go like this - they would talk about the job & the company for 10 minutes, I would tell why I thought I was qualified for the job for 10 minutes and then they would answer any questions I had for 10 minutes.
    There were zero questions for me. It was like having to give a 10 minute speech on why you're a good candidate. It was not a conversation by any means. It was obvious that I was on speaker and they had themselves muted while I was talking and the one question I didn't have the guts to ask was "why would I want to work for someone who can't even be bothered to give 100% of his attention to a prospective job candidate?"

I applied online – interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Applied online and was contacted the next day. It was an Onsite interview in their HQ.
    It lasted about 45 mins.
    The position was software development in routing core. Positive experience. No Hassle.
    Pretty easy. Basic C,C++ questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Give size of pointers of various types, like char pointer, int pointer etc.   View Answer

ASIC Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Juniper Networks.

one phone interview, ask questions about projects. one easy design questions. then on-site interview in the next week. 5 round interview. ask problem about timing issues, setup, hold time violations. pattern detection. writing some verilog code. ask about sram, ddr. ask about how to design a TCAM.

Interview Questions
    • if the inverter's input is connect to its output. how the output voltage curve should be like   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through university career recruitment. I was offered an interview on our campus. It took about 30 to 45 minutes. I was interviewed by an engineer who was rather friendly and didn't feel intimidating at all.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Juniper Networks.

A few interviewers just asked me to describe things I had done at other companies. Others asked questions to make you think outside the box, and I had one session on a problem totally unrelated to ASIC design to see my thinking process.
    About a 4-5 hour interview without a lunch break. Pretty tired at end.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging design problem you ever had to solve?   Answer Question

ASIC Engineer Interview

interviewed at Juniper Networks in January 2015.

I was referred by employer and got called by a director from Juniper. The whole process takes about 2 weeks. He ask me about my background and projects I have ever done. Most questions are about my projects. Make sure you understand all the detail about your resume.

Interview Questions
    • What are setup time- and hold time- violations and how to resolve them.
      Project detail.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks in January 2015.

talk with the Sr manager and the Tech lead. Just ask some general questions.
    They care about Linux kernel knowledge and optimization skills
    They ask the courses I have took and some system programming questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I attended the job fair on campus and met their representatives. They chatted with me about my past experiences and took my resume. After the event, I applied through the campus recruiting network, get invited to an interview on campus. The interview went smoothly and the whole process was very professional.

Interview Questions
    • There was a technical question at the end, but the solutions seem trivial somehow.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Everything went really smooth. The recruiter was very friendly. Had a phone interview then the second round was onsite interview with the team. At onsite was interviewed by the product manager and the hiring manager for about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Just basic questions related to operating systems, data structures.   Answer Question

Strategic Alliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks in December 2014.

First round was phone screening. The hiring manager called my phone. It was a 30 min long interview. Very casual and not highly structured. Second round was again phone screening. This time it was 3 back to back calls with members of 3 teams. Again 30 min long, not very structured.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself. Leadership, Teamwork, Resume based questions.   Answer Question