Juniper Networks

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Intern Software Engineer Interview

Intern Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Juniper Networks in April 2014.

Interview Details – I saw this position on LinkedIn and applied on juniper's job portal website. Got an email from them asking me for suitable date for an on-site interview. They mentioned in the email that there would be one "Programming Test" and then "Personal Interview".
On the big day the test was on C, Data Structures and algorithms. There were 21 questions and 45minutes was given. Time was not at all sufficient. Questions were also not so easy. some were easy like fibonacci series and swapping of numbers using addresses. In the personal interview, he just asked if i had any questions and told me about juniper culture and my job role.

Interview Question – Something on BFS   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Juniper Networks in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Online and received a call from Manager: Direct Onsite
1st Round:
How to find Endianess
 Different stages a C file goes through on compiling
How to check if stack is growing up or down
what is a VLAN
how does packet traverses in network and how are various fields modified (How is ARP resolved)
2nd Round:
Generic Hash Table implementation
How multicast works
4th Round:
Linked List Sorting
Why do u want to move and stuff

Interview Question – Generic Hash Table implementation   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low ball offer

Sales Operation Manager Interview

Sales Operation Manager
Westford, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Juniper Networks in December 2010.

Interview Details – HR was poor. I had to call back as they'd heard, not sure from who, that I wasn't interested. Interviewed with 4 people. Process was relatively quick

Interview Question – Why would you leave your current job if you're happy there?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary (limited), options and start date

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks in March 2014.

Interview Details – It was a normal 30 mins screening round where all my projects and past experience were discussed. A couple of general conceptual questions and it was done.

Interview Question – Project/Experience specific questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer IV Interview

Software Engineer IV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview Details – Total 6 Rounds( basically whole team interviewed)
Questions around basic Networking, Routing protocols,
Programming Questions around async programing, Data structures

ASIC Engineer I Interview

ASIC Engineer I

Interviewed at Juniper Networks

Interview Details – They only asked me questions about my resume. Pretty friendly environment. Be prepared to discuss your background and you should be fine.

Interview Question – about my resume, to explain a project   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

Interviewed at Juniper Networks

Interview Details – Telephone interview. About an hour. Resume through. Then do some C coding test.

Interview Question – I was preparing for networks, but it mainly requests C coding skill.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Contractor
Westford, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview Details – Background check, interviews. I knew everybody already.

Negotiation Details – A pain in the backside. They down'd the offer in title because they "didn't have the reqs". Which I think is bs: apparently, the way you get promoted is you resigned, work someone else for a year, and then get promoted to "Distinguished Engineer" to come back to Juniper, if you're not already sick of the place.

Intern Interview