Juniper Networks Member of Technical Staff III Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks in February 2012.

Was pretty fast turn around due to business need. Recruiter contacted me and got me in touch with the hiring manager who gave me the job description and started the phone screen at the same time. Since I had been preparing, I was ready for the phone screen. Next day a parallel team manager contacted me for an opening in their team (the previous team found a matching candidate the had been interviewing).

In the past, another team had done the same, where I was supposed to have a talk with the engineer since I dint seem to be a match and recruiter was confident. But instead of being a 10 minute conversation explaining what the team did he started off the phone screen, for which I wasnt prepared (dint end well). But coming back to the current interview, the phone screen result was out the next day and I went in for an onsite two days later.

Had a good engaging 1:1 interviews with 5 engineers. They all over shot their slots and what was supposed to have ended at 12:30pm ended at 1:30 pm without a lunch break.

Next week I had a positive result, but the requisition for the position was not approved due to business / budget reasons (dint quite make sense then why interview in the first place). Really appreciated the honesty of the recruiter who kept communication open about any updates. Eventually 3 weeks later things got approved and an offer came through.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were to do with my engineering and work back ground.   Answer Question
Be honest, POLITE when asked what you currently make (since back ground check will verify it) and also be honest about what you expect (salary and position vice). Voice your concerns you may have had in the past with these (eg in your prev job you dint get a salary bump and now you are lagging on the pay scale, etc).

I put forth my expectation candidly, backed it by what is the market avg and why if that need isnt met, it wont make sense for me to leave my current job. Also mentioned any other factors that I was willing to over look or leave (immigration, bonus, RSU, Stock options etc). Three to four back and forths, but we came to common grounds.

Other Interview Reviews for Juniper Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks in September 2008.

initial phone call followed by multiple rounds of ppl at the team.

good/

Member of Technical Staff III Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks in May 2010.

3 telephonic interviews followed by a F2F interviews (6 of them including 1 HR round).
    All interviews stressed on C skills, data structures, OS and networking essentials. All interviews all included questions on work done in previous companies. Questions were good - neither too easy nor too difficult. Took entire day.

Interview Questions
    • How memory management module works - data structures used, how do you deal with alignment problem.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Juniper Networks in December 2008.

3 rounds of interview -- All core networking concepts, product innovation questions, data structures, couple of HR questions

No negotiation; standard campus hiring