Juniper Networks Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Juniper Networks in July 2013.

Phone interview with Manager - compare tcp/udp. C programming questions. hashing
Onsite Interview - level order traversal, bit map, linked list, tcp/udp, trace route, memory management

Interview Questions
  • last round was with an interview who asked vague questions and expected me to write generic apis.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Juniper Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Juniper Networks in July 2010.

Mostly questions about current project

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Juniper Networks in June 2010.

Data structures
    Algorithms
    C programming

Pretty competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Juniper Networks in March 2009.

The hiring position was SW Automation Engineer. The interview was mostly technical. They asked a lot of questions about scripting, like Perl, Tcl, Unix shell programming, and OOD, so be prepare to give examples and detail explanation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Communications were good at the onset. I intitially interacted mainly with the hiring manager for one position and with HR recruiter for a different position in a different department. They were both very professional and were open about the opportunities and outlook of the company. Both interview processes started with a phone screening and then a day of on-site interviews. The only issue I had with the process was that I was asked to come back in to talk with another manager after I had been offered the position. This was very unusual. Other than that, it was a smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • This was unexpected since it came during the "callback" interview. How would you design an end to end video delivery network using MPLS?   Answer Question
    Straightforward. They asked for my current salary. I countered by asing what was the range for the position. They offered something that was a little higher than my current salary. I asked for 20K more. They negotiated to a mid point. I also negotiated a small signing bonus. When I got the final offer letter, the salary was adjusted up an additional $5K which seemed unusual but in all fairness, it was a nice gesture and made me much happier and motivated.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Juniper Networks in March 2011.

1) Technical questions related to JAVA multithreading, Collections, Serialization etc.
    2) Basic networking questions like VLANs etc.

Interview Questions
    • How to serialize an object without implementing serialiszable interface   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Juniper Networks in February 2008.

Data structures,
    binary tree height calculation
    puzzles
    Networking protocols

Interview Questions

Worked for Juniper Networks? Contribute to the Community!