Juniper Networks

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Juniper Networks in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Online and received a call from Manager: Direct Onsite
1st Round:
How to find Endianess
 Different stages a C file goes through on compiling
How to check if stack is growing up or down
what is a VLAN
how does packet traverses in network and how are various fields modified (How is ARP resolved)
2nd Round:
Generic Hash Table implementation
How multicast works
4th Round:
Linked List Sorting
Why do u want to move and stuff

Interview Question – Generic Hash Table implementation   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low ball offer

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the Hiring Manager for a telephonic interview. The focus was on basic C programming questions/concepts and my background.

Later I was scheduled for some 6-7 interviews with other members of the team. In summary, I was asked to write programs in C (and answer conceptual questions) about Data Structure manipulation (trees, linked lists, hash tables, arrays), algorithms (quick sort and other-questions-that-I-don't-remember-now), questions about TCP/IP, locks, bit manipulation, strings etc.

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Juniper Networks in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through a Employee Referral, got a call next day from one of the engineer. Had 5 phone screen interviews before I was asked to for a 1:1 personal interview onsite. Had 6 interviews in 1:1 personal interview during onsite interviews including a lunch interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate

Interviewed at Juniper Networks

Interview Details – First I had a phone interview and, a few days later, I went to a "on site" interview. I had one-to-one interview with 3 experienced software engineers plus 2 managers. They were all nice and very smart, they asked me questions about my career and lots of technical questions. They asked me about design pattern, Java, Ajax, architecture, problem solving, algorithms, optimization, data structure, etc On the following days they made me an offer and I accepted!

Interview Question – How does the Garbage collector work in Java?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Search for the salary range on the company + location for your job title online before the interview, so you won't be surprised. Ask lots of questions about the position before, so you can know how you can give value to the project and thus, to the company.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Juniper Networks in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initially, i had the telephonic round, in which i did not do good enough..but was asked to come for a F2F interview.
There were 4 one on one interviews, and the questions asked were the normal Java/J2EE/database related questions and i answered most of them very well..
The 4th one on one was with the director, and he asked some algorithm related questions...in which probably i was not so convincing...but still i think i had done good enough in the previous interviews to get through..

Reason for Declining – The offer was very good, with good benefits, but i had the chance to go to US from another company..it was a tough decision..

Interviews for Top Jobs at Juniper Networks

Worked for Juniper Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Juniper Networks Videos

Juniper Networks – Why Work for Us?

Networks are becoming more relevant in the world we live in today, and at Juniper Networks we believe the network can create a connected planet that unleashes a great wealth of possibility, innovation, and discovery… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Juniper Networks Software Engineer III interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Juniper Networks employees and interview candidates.