Juniper Networks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern M Software Engineer Interview

Intern M Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview Details – on campus job fair hiring,

interview process was rigourous

Interview Question – sharing experience from undergrad in depth was difficult   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks in May 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was quite methodical. It started with the technical telephone interview for about an hour, followed by on-site interview for nearly three hours (three people - one hour each), followed by a call from my manager and finally HR!

Interview Question – Basic switching and routing related questions   Answer Question

Systems Test Intern Interview

Systems Test Intern
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Juniper Networks in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had asked a friend for a referral.
I got a call from the manager a day later. He told me about what positions they were looking for and what my interests were. He asked me a few networking questions like what a VLAN is etc just to gauge me.
I got a call for an interview the next day. Questions were about what the MAC addresses will look like in a packet sent via a gateway router. What is a Proxy ARP. Then there were questions on scripting. Since I did not know Perl at that time, they asked me questions from Shell and Python (which I knew). The emphasis on whether I can code and not on which language I knew.

Interview Question – Questions weren't really unexpected. I had configured networks between a couple of routers before, so I found the questions easy enough.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was my first job ever, I did not negotiate. What they offered seemed good enough to me so I did not bother negotiating and just accepted it.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks in July 2013.

Interview Details – Got call from recruiter, then phone interview and within a week onsite interview. Result was pretty fast.

Interview Question – basic C and data structure questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Juniper Networks in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with Manager - compare tcp/udp. C programming questions. hashing
Onsite Interview - level order traversal, bit map, linked list, tcp/udp, trace route, memory management

Interview Question – last round was with an interview who asked vague questions and expected me to write generic apis.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview Details – Asked my friend to refer for a backend development internship role. Got a call 2 weeks after the referral. First manager of the team called me to ask me if I was interested. Then he said the developer will interview me and I said ok. There was a 45min high level interview drill. Went pretty ok. If not all the questions, I was able to answer most of it. Looked like they needed an experienced person for the interview. My industry experience helped I guess.

Interview Question – Unix and shell scripting questions, resume walk through, source control (Important)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didnt really have room for a full time after the internship, so had to give it up.

NCG: Software Engineer Interview

NCG: Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview 1 by Software Engineer:
1) Resume go-through (technical details)
2) Behavioral questions

Phone Interview 2 by Senior Software Engineer:
1) Resume details
2) Data Structures
3) One coding question (Hashtable)

On-site Interview 1 - 6:
1) Resume go-through
2) OOP design questions
3) Java design patterns
4) Bit manipulation
5) Web Tech (HTML 5, CSS, JS, Perl, Python)
6) OS, CN
7) One-Two coding questions each round
8) One-Two puzzles each round
9) Behavioral questions

Interview Question – Signed NDA. Cannot disclose exact questions. Not too difficult for sure !   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed at Juniper Networks in March 2013.

Interview Details – First a call from a recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager, then they payed for travel expenses for an on-site interview with 5 engineers 1-1 interviews and one behavior interview with a manager.

Asked questions about suffix trees, principal component analysis, heaps and also the shortest distance traveled/ common meeting point in manhattan distance problem.

Interview Question – shortest distance traveled/ common meeting point in manhattan distance problem.   View Answer

Senior Tech Staff Interview

Senior Tech Staff
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Juniper Networks in May 2009.

Interview Details – Met with a cross section of departments, was a long day but not a difficult interview. Everybody was very nice, except one guy but I later found out it was only an act. Good people, good times. Most of them have been layed off by by now because their jobs went to India.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Juniper Networks in April 2013.

Interview Details – Talk with 6 people on C, previous projects, people are nice.

Interview Question – Most questions are C & projects   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – No big improvement of current package, and wouldn't consider current package instead of looking back to your past . Nothing we can do about it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Juniper Networks