Juniper Networks Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

3.1

Consulting Engineer Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial contact via email followed by introductory phone conversation. In total five phone interviews took place over a two week period with a mix of managers and peers. Each interview lasted between 30-60 minutes. The last stage consisted of a skill test and group/panel interview at the corporate head office. Positive impression of both the team members and the company. Thorough process that was conducted with a high level of professionalism. Good experience.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

organized and systematic. Covered a wide range of areas. Different interviewers focused on different aspects. most of the sections in the resume and skill sets mentioned in the resume were covered. Interviewers went through the experience in chronological order-recent experience to older experiences

Interview Questions

• Question on Deep packet inspection and functionality. How does it work, typical configurations, scale and performance etc   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff III Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Was pretty fast turn around due to business need. Recruiter contacted me and got me in touch with the hiring manager who gave me the job description and started the phone screen at the same time. Since I had been preparing, I was ready for the phone screen. Next day a parallel team manager contacted me for an opening in their team (the previous team found a matching candidate the had been interviewing).

In the past, another team had done the same, where I was supposed to have a talk with the engineer since I dint seem to be a match and recruiter was confident. But instead of being a 10 minute conversation explaining what the team did he started off the phone screen, for which I wasnt prepared (dint end well). But coming back to the current interview, the phone screen result was out the next day and I went in for an onsite two days later.

Had a good engaging 1:1 interviews with 5 engineers. They all over shot their slots and what was supposed to have ended at 12:30pm ended at 1:30 pm without a lunch break.

Next week I had a positive result, but the requisition for the position was not approved due to business / budget reasons (dint quite make sense then why interview in the first place). Really appreciated the honesty of the recruiter who kept communication open about any updates. Eventually 3 weeks later things got approved and an offer came through.

Interview Questions

• All questions were to do with my engineering and work back ground.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be honest, POLITE when asked what you currently make (since back ground check will verify it) and also be honest about what you expect (salary and position vice). Voice your concerns you may have had in the past with these (eg in your prev job you dint get a salary bump and now you are lagging on the pay scale, etc).

I put forth my expectation candidly, backed it by what is the market avg and why if that need isnt met, it wont make sense for me to leave my current job. Also mentioned any other factors that I was willing to over look or leave (immigration, bonus, RSU, Stock options etc). Three to four back and forths, but we came to common grounds.

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

1 phone interview and an onsite interview with lot of technical questions on timing. power

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Review jobs online or on LinkedIn
    Submit resume via email
    Recruiter Screening
    Phone Interview with manager
    Apply online
    Technical interview
    Onsite interview
    Offer letter
    Background check
    Start on the first available Monday
    Meet manager and team
    Train on gaps
    30 days later, start immigration process, if needed
    First pay check three weeks later

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest protocol listed on your resume?
      Then, answer 4-7 increasingly difficult questions related to that protocol.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me after getting my resume from monster .2 technical phone interviews with the hiring team after recruiter had a phone conversation. Interviewers were very positive and friendly. They went to very detail.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I got an interview call through employee referral. It consisted of 4 1:1 interviews that went about 45-50 min each. Most of the questions are based on pseudo codes in C, Java. Last interview had a few behavioral questions. There was one puzzle too. Quite a tough interview to crack . It went pretty well though. But I got a call from a recruiter after a week that they have hired someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

• A code in Bash shell program using C language.   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Initially had a phone call with staffing agency (3rd party) who described the opportunity, team, and expectations and asked about my background to see if there was a match. Thereafter, she shared my resume with the hiring manager, and the HR department then took over and arranged a phone interview with the hiring manager. There was strong interest due to my skill set, background in similar industry and products, and education. After clearing the initial interview by phone, I was invited for another phone interview with the hiring manager's manager, which took place about 1.5 weeks after. I was asked about my work history and explained how I felt I could add value to the team and company (knowledge of security products, product marketing - writing, presenting, etc.).After clearing that interview, I was invited for an in-person interview with both the hiring manager and 2 other team members. That interview took place about 1 week after. This lasted a total of about 40 minutes - about 30 minutes with 1 team member (other one was unable to meet) and 10 minutes with the hiring manager (as we had already conversed on phone in detail). I felt good about the in-person meetings. About 1 week later, I was made an offer through the HR rep who had arranged the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how you would manage a new product launch?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, as I was .pleased with the overall offer (base salary and benefits package).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

1 Phone Screen, Coding question
    5 rounds of onscreen interviews Mostly coding questions ranging from linked lists, binary trees and strings was asked to code on the board.

Interview Questions

• Find out the number of NULL pointers in binary tree and some question about activation records   Answer Question

Did not like the work atmosphere ..

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The position was ASIC Verification. Initially had two phone screens. Then they called me for an onsite interview which consisted of 4 interviews and lunch with the ASIC manager, each lasting for 45 minutes. All four of them were technical. Work culture seemed very good.. there was a basketball court which was occupied at all times..My advice: just relax and be yourself and interview with a clear mind Get your C, C++ and digital logic basics strong. .prepare a list of questions you would wanna ask the interviewers. If you've put something in your resume, then be prepared to answer any questions on it..

Interview Questions

• Basic C++ inheritance questions   Answer Question
    • Describe the operation of a FIFO   1 Answer
    • setup & hold, why is it required, metastability, latch and flop implementation in verilog, clock skew related questions and simple pattern detection state machine   Answer Question