Juniper Networks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks in January 2012.

Interview Details – Review jobs online or on LinkedIn
Technical interview
Onsite interview
Offer letter
Background check
Start on the first available Monday
Meet manager and team
Train on gaps
30 days later, start immigration process, if needed
First pay check three weeks later

Interview Question – What is your strongest protocol listed on your resume?
Then, answer 4-7 increasingly difficult questions related to that protocol.
  Answer Question

Consulting Engineer Specialist Interview

Consulting Engineer Specialist
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks in April 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact via email followed by introductory phone conversation. In total five phone interviews took place over a two week period with a mix of managers and peers. Each interview lasted between 30-60 minutes. The last stage consisted of a skill test and group/panel interview at the corporate head office. Positive impression of both the team members and the company. Thorough process that was conducted with a high level of professionalism. Good experience.

Interview Question – Questions about network technology and protocols.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview Details – It was pretty smooth. Met with 6 team members, each itnerview was pretty grueling, but they are looking for willingness to solve a problem. I heard back from them in 2 days with an offer.

Interview Question – 1)code for counting no.of.bits of uint32 variable.
2)Code for graph in c
3)Is send() blocking till the data is sent to the server in TCP?
3)What is a bridge?
4)What does a bridge do?
5)What are various layer 2 protocols, routing,what does data link layer do etc.All theory about computer networks.
6)What is memory fragmentation?

OS questions -

what is virtual memory addressing
DMA
CPU scheduling algorithms
operating system functions
difference between processes and threads
when would u use multithreaded rather than multi-process

finite automata -

write the state machine for garage door
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate much

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Juniper Networks in November 2009.

Interview Details – One phone interview by HR, followed by a total of five in-person interviews, one-on-one with each member of the team.

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate salary, but not title.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Juniper Networks in March 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring position was SW Automation Engineer. The interview was mostly technical. They asked a lot of questions about scripting, like Perl, Tcl, Unix shell programming, and OOD, so be prepare to give examples and detail explanation.

Interview Question – What is the limitation of Tcl?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Juniper Networks in April 2011.

Interview Details – 1 Phone Screen, Coding question
5 rounds of onscreen interviews Mostly coding questions ranging from linked lists, binary trees and strings was asked to code on the board.

Interview Question – Find out the number of NULL pointers in binary tree and some question about activation records   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not like the work atmosphere ..

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the Hiring Manager for a telephonic interview. The focus was on basic C programming questions/concepts and my background.

Later I was scheduled for some 6-7 interviews with other members of the team. In summary, I was asked to write programs in C (and answer conceptual questions) about Data Structure manipulation (trees, linked lists, hash tables, arrays), algorithms (quick sort and other-questions-that-I-don't-remember-now), questions about TCP/IP, locks, bit manipulation, strings etc.

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Interview Details – Went for a test engineer position. 4 Interview rounds. 3 tech and one manager
 Got an excellent boss. Very Happy about it.

Interview Question – there was an unexpected reference about my previous boss.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Juniper Networks in July 2012.

Interview Details – Juniper runs a very professional and organized interview process. From how the recruiters work with your schedule, informing you of process and the interviews where top notch. The HR organization is terrific and has a very innovative approach. Juniper is looking to expand its capabiities and is trying to keep the culture that has made it succesful but is feeling some of the growth pains one expects at this stage of its company evolution.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation with either a manager or key executive stakeholder . What worked, didn't work and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks in August 2008.

Interview Details – Review resumes from HR and/or referrals; phone screens with HR & hiring manager; on-site interviews with the management and team; rank the candidates after team discussion; extend offer in the order of ranked candidates

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us instead of staying at our competitor's company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pleasant, HR is efficient and hiring manager is transparent