Juniper Networks Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

Updated Aug 24, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Got call from recruiter, then phone interview and within a week onsite interview. Result was pretty fast.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Asked my friend to refer for a backend development internship role. Got a call 2 weeks after the referral. First manager of the team called me to ask me if I was interested. Then he said the developer will interview me and I said ok. There was a 45min high level interview drill. Went pretty ok. If not all the questions, I was able to answer most of it. Looked like they needed an experienced person for the interview. My industry experience helped I guess.

Interview Questions

• Unix and shell scripting questions, resume walk through, source control (Important)   Answer Question

Didnt really have room for a full time after the internship, so had to give it up.

NCG: Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview 1 by Software Engineer: 1) Resume go-through (technical details) 2) Behavioral questions Phone Interview 2 by Senior Software Engineer: 1) Resume details 2) Data Structures 3) One coding question (Hashtable) On-site Interview 1 - 6: 1) Resume go-through 2) OOP design questions 3) Java design patterns 4) Bit manipulation 5) Web Tech (HTML 5, CSS, JS, Perl, Python) 6) OS, CN 7) One-Two coding questions each round 8) One-Two puzzles each round 9) Behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA. Cannot disclose exact questions. Not too difficult for sure !   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and on site interview, both were not really technical, was asked regarding my resume. I was told about the position and what work I will have to do. It was a good learning experience for me.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Talk with 6 people on C, previous projects, people are nice.

Interview Questions

No big improvement of current package, and wouldn't consider current package instead of looking back to your past . Nothing we can do about it.

Systems Test Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had asked a friend for a referral. I got a call from the manager a day later. He told me about what positions they were looking for and what my interests were. He asked me a few networking questions like what a VLAN is etc just to gauge me. I got a call for an interview the next day. Questions were about what the MAC addresses will look like in a packet sent via a gateway router. What is a Proxy ARP. Then there were questions on scripting. Since I did not know Perl at that time, they asked me questions from Shell and Python (which I knew). The emphasis on whether I can code and not on which language I knew.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't really unexpected. I had configured networks between a couple of routers before, so I found the questions easy enough.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my first job ever, I did not negotiate. What they offered seemed good enough to me so I did not bother negotiating and just accepted it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

First a call from a recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager, then they payed for travel expenses for an on-site interview with 5 engineers 1-1 interviews and one behavior interview with a manager. Asked questions about suffix trees, principal component analysis, heaps and also the shortest distance traveled/ common meeting point in manhattan distance problem.

Interview Questions

• shortest distance traveled/ common meeting point in manhattan distance problem.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

It was pretty smooth. Met with 6 team members, each itnerview was pretty grueling, but they are looking for willingness to solve a problem. I heard back from them in 2 days with an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1)code for counting no.of.bits of uint32 variable. 2)Code for graph in c 3)Is send() blocking till the data is sent to the server in TCP? 3)What is a bridge? 4)What does a bridge do? 5)What are various layer 2 protocols, routing,what does data link layer do etc.All theory about computer networks. 6)What is memory fragmentation? OS questions - what is virtual memory addressing DMA CPU scheduling algorithms operating system functions difference between processes and threads when would u use multithreaded rather than multi-process finite automata - write the state machine for garage door   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate much

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by the Hiring Manager for a telephonic interview. The focus was on basic C programming questions/concepts and my background. Later I was scheduled for some 6-7 interviews with other members of the team. In summary, I was asked to write programs in C (and answer conceptual questions) about Data Structure manipulation (trees, linked lists, hash tables, arrays), algorithms (quick sort and other-questions-that-I-don't-remember-now), questions about TCP/IP, locks, bit manipulation, strings etc.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Juniper Networks (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Went for a test engineer position. 4 Interview rounds. 3 tech and one manager Got an excellent boss. Very Happy about it.

Interview Questions

• there was an unexpected reference about my previous boss.   Answer Question