Juniper Networks Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

3.1

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hardware Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks in January 2012.

1 phone interview and an onsite interview with lot of technical questions on timing. power

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks in January 2012.

Review jobs online or on LinkedIn
    Submit resume via email
    Recruiter Screening
    Phone Interview with manager
    Apply online
    Technical interview
    Onsite interview
    Offer letter
    Background check
    Start on the first available Monday
    Meet manager and team
    Train on gaps
    30 days later, start immigration process, if needed
    First pay check three weeks later

Interview Questions
    • What is your strongest protocol listed on your resume?
      Then, answer 4-7 increasingly difficult questions related to that protocol.
        Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks in August 2011.

I got an interview call through employee referral. It consisted of 4 1:1 interviews that went about 45-50 min each. Most of the questions are based on pseudo codes in C, Java. Last interview had a few behavioral questions. There was one puzzle too. Quite a tough interview to crack . It went pretty well though. But I got a call from a recruiter after a week that they have hired someone with more experience.

Interview Questions
    • A code in Bash shell program using C language.   View Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks in July 2011.

Initially had a phone call with staffing agency (3rd party) who described the opportunity, team, and expectations and asked about my background to see if there was a match. Thereafter, she shared my resume with the hiring manager, and the HR department then took over and arranged a phone interview with the hiring manager. There was strong interest due to my skill set, background in similar industry and products, and education. After clearing the initial interview by phone, I was invited for another phone interview with the hiring manager's manager, which took place about 1.5 weeks after. I was asked about my work history and explained how I felt I could add value to the team and company (knowledge of security products, product marketing - writing, presenting, etc.).After clearing that interview, I was invited for an in-person interview with both the hiring manager and 2 other team members. That interview took place about 1 week after. This lasted a total of about 40 minutes - about 30 minutes with 1 team member (other one was unable to meet) and 10 minutes with the hiring manager (as we had already conversed on phone in detail). I felt good about the in-person meetings. About 1 week later, I was made an offer through the HR rep who had arranged the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me how you would manage a new product launch?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate, as I was .pleased with the overall offer (base salary and benefits package).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Juniper Networks in April 2011.

1 Phone Screen, Coding question
    5 rounds of onscreen interviews Mostly coding questions ranging from linked lists, binary trees and strings was asked to code on the board.

Interview Questions
    • Find out the number of NULL pointers in binary tree and some question about activation records   Answer Question

Did not like the work atmosphere ..

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Juniper Networks in March 2011.

The position was ASIC Verification. Initially had two phone screens. Then they called me for an onsite interview which consisted of 4 interviews and lunch with the ASIC manager, each lasting for 45 minutes. All four of them were technical. Work culture seemed very good.. there was a basketball court which was occupied at all times..My advice: just relax and be yourself and interview with a clear mind Get your C, C++ and digital logic basics strong. .prepare a list of questions you would wanna ask the interviewers. If you've put something in your resume, then be prepared to answer any questions on it..

Interview Questions
    • Basic C++ inheritance questions   Answer Question
    • Describe the operation of a FIFO   View Answer
    • setup & hold, why is it required, metastability, latch and flop implementation in verilog, clock skew related questions and simple pattern detection state machine   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks in September 2010.

Onsite interview was set up, a week after the telephone interview. It took 3 weeks for them to get back after mailing the HR and hiring manager. The work involved for the position was very good. The team was friendly and there was not much HR interaction. Coding Qs were only in C ranging from Pointers to Bit-wise operations to data structures..

Interview Questions
    • Implement a doubly linked list.
      Find the number of bits set in a random number.
      Find the position of set bit in a number.

Difference between Binary Semaphore and a Mutex
      Explain how RIP & OSPF differ, which is better?
      Explain NAT & NATP.
        Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Juniper Networks in September 2010.

This was the informational interview for the Team lead / manager position in IT development. The hiring manager(Senior Manager) told me that Job duties include
    - java architect and mangement of on-site and off-shore(Bangalore) teams of engineer.
    - Regular meetings in the night to coordinate with Bangalore team in getting upto speed with occasional weeks of travel to India.
    - asked couple of questions on Java to make sure that I've hands-on coding experience.

I did not pursue further since was n't much excited running meetings late night with off-shore team and traveling to India.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have experinece in managing team in India?   Answer Question
    • Have you mentored team members with new technologies with pilot implementations?   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Juniper Networks in September 2010.

email from hiring mgr after he found my resume on a job site (perhaps monster), phone screen from hiring mgr with various os and networking questions, onsite interview with hiring mgr and five engineers. one asked about what happens when you enter ls, one asked about various pointers scenarios, one asked about reversing a linked list, one asked something involving a hash table

Interview Questions
    the offer exceeded my expectations

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Juniper Networks in August 2010.

One on One interviews, both in person and on the phone. This took place over the course of several weeks as the group came down to 2 qualified candidates, myself and another person. In the end it was decided to hire both of us as we have complimentary skills. We are both in the group to this day.

very easy - I asked for a salary and got it. Truthfully, this interview was in 2008. *I* was recruited as I had specific skills required for a hard-to-fit position.