Juniper Networks Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

3.1

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks in January 2012.

Review jobs online or on LinkedIn
    Submit resume via email
    Recruiter Screening
    Phone Interview with manager
    Apply online
    Technical interview
    Onsite interview
    Offer letter
    Background check
    Start on the first available Monday
    Meet manager and team
    Train on gaps
    30 days later, start immigration process, if needed
    First pay check three weeks later

Interview Questions
    • What is your strongest protocol listed on your resume?
      Then, answer 4-7 increasingly difficult questions related to that protocol.
        Answer Question

Consulting Engineer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks in April 2012.

Initial contact via email followed by introductory phone conversation. In total five phone interviews took place over a two week period with a mix of managers and peers. Each interview lasted between 30-60 minutes. The last stage consisted of a skill test and group/panel interview at the corporate head office. Positive impression of both the team members and the company. Thorough process that was conducted with a high level of professionalism. Good experience.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

It was pretty smooth. Met with 6 team members, each itnerview was pretty grueling, but they are looking for willingness to solve a problem. I heard back from them in 2 days with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • 1)code for counting no.of.bits of uint32 variable.
      2)Code for graph in c
      3)Is send() blocking till the data is sent to the server in TCP?
      3)What is a bridge?
      4)What does a bridge do?
      5)What are various layer 2 protocols, routing,what does data link layer do etc.All theory about computer networks.
      6)What is memory fragmentation?

OS questions -

what is virtual memory addressing
      DMA
      CPU scheduling algorithms
      operating system functions
      difference between processes and threads
      when would u use multithreaded rather than multi-process

finite automata -

write the state machine for garage door
        Answer Question
    Did not negotiate much

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Juniper Networks in November 2009.

One phone interview by HR, followed by a total of five in-person interviews, one-on-one with each member of the team.

Was able to negotiate salary, but not title.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Juniper Networks in March 2009.

The hiring position was SW Automation Engineer. The interview was mostly technical. They asked a lot of questions about scripting, like Perl, Tcl, Unix shell programming, and OOD, so be prepare to give examples and detail explanation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Juniper Networks in April 2011.

1 Phone Screen, Coding question
    5 rounds of onscreen interviews Mostly coding questions ranging from linked lists, binary trees and strings was asked to code on the board.

Interview Questions
    • Find out the number of NULL pointers in binary tree and some question about activation records   Answer Question

Did not like the work atmosphere ..

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

I was contacted by the Hiring Manager for a telephonic interview. The focus was on basic C programming questions/concepts and my background.

Later I was scheduled for some 6-7 interviews with other members of the team. In summary, I was asked to write programs in C (and answer conceptual questions) about Data Structure manipulation (trees, linked lists, hash tables, arrays), algorithms (quick sort and other-questions-that-I-don't-remember-now), questions about TCP/IP, locks, bit manipulation, strings etc.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks.

Went for a test engineer position. 4 Interview rounds. 3 tech and one manager
     Got an excellent boss. Very Happy about it.

Interview Questions
    • there was an unexpected reference about my previous boss.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Juniper Networks in July 2012.

Juniper runs a very professional and organized interview process. From how the recruiters work with your schedule, informing you of process and the interviews where top notch. The HR organization is terrific and has a very innovative approach. Juniper is looking to expand its capabiities and is trying to keep the culture that has made it succesful but is feeling some of the growth pains one expects at this stage of its company evolution.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation with either a manager or key executive stakeholder . What worked, didn't work and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Juniper Networks in August 2008.

Review resumes from HR and/or referrals; phone screens with HR & hiring manager; on-site interviews with the management and team; rank the candidates after team discussion; extend offer in the order of ranked candidates

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us instead of staying at our competitor's company?   Answer Question
    Pleasant, HR is efficient and hiring manager is transparent