Just Energy Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2014

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Just Energy.

Got the interview through a referral. Process took about 3 weeks. I got the phone interview, then a week later got asked to come in for an in person interview. After that never heard back from them.

Interview Questions
  • what is the degree between the hands of a clock at 3:15   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Just Energy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Just Energy in June 2014.

Conducted a phone interview, questions were similar to that of an in person interview (e.g. what do you know about the company, tell me about yourself, what are your strengths/weaknesses). Received an invitation for an in-person interview two weeks after. The in-person interview was split into two parts. First part was the same as the in-person (e.g. what do you know about the company, etc.), and the second part was two brain teasers. I was told that third round interviews (case-based) would start the following week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Just Energy in March 2013.

Hiring was done on a rolling basis. I was contacted by email for a 30-minute phone interview a couple days after my application. The interview was scheduled for the same week as when I was contacted. During the phone interview, the interviewer was mostly asking for clarification about my experiences and skills. There was one question obviously designed to test your wits. I was told that I would get a reply within two weeks and I did. Surprisingly, it was a job offer and not a request for an in-person interview. However, the hiring manager was being vague about the salary and other information concerning the job but still seemed to push for a confirmation over the phone from me that I will accept their official offer when they wrote it. I was not willing to give that verbal guarantee with barely any information and I never received an official letter from them.

Interview Questions
    • A big cube is made of 10 x 10 x 10 small cubes. If the outside surface of that big cube was painted, then what is the number of cubes that have paint on them?   View Answers (2)

Hiring manager was being too pushy. I had not visited the company at all and was told no information about the position and salary beyond what was available on the job posting but was still expected to give a definitive response to their verbal offer.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Just Energy in January 2013.

Phase 1: Phone interview( experience dealing with issues, preference for attitude, talked about past project work.
    Phase 2: In-person Interview with 2 people. Repeated phase one. Went well at first, and then one of the people asks me what I would do if a person above me asks me to do what appears to be a "silly thing". I answered honestly, which is, my bias would not influence my work. I would do it, because that is what I'm paid to do. However, personA interrupted me while I was explaining and asks me if I think my opinion does not matter. What kind of question is that? Who thinks that their opinion does not matter? Opinions are given when asked for; and I personally try to be an objective person who does not allow my own bias to cloud my judgment. Great scientific discoveries started off as silly ideas. Before I could answer, they go into a rant about how they have disagreements about this subject at work, but they personally feel like their employees should be able to voice out their opinion. Etc. Ironic, considering they would not give me a minute to explain my perspective on the subject. The other interviewee was turning red and becoming very uncomfortable with interviewee A's behavior. I was in shock at how inappropriate the situation became. Unbelievable behavior; I just wanted to leave at this point, and was glad to when the moment came.

Other questions asked include:

If two people wanted you to do work for them at the same time, how would you deal with the situation?

If you didn't know something, how would you go about dealing with it?

If you had multiple tasks to do at once, what would you do?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Why are you interested in this position/what interested you in the company?

Interview Questions
    • None. They were all straightforward. Unfortunate that the interviewee had no social capability to allow others to speak.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Just Energy in February 2011.

talk about the resume, and their working environment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Just Energy in December 2010.

Got the phone call asking if it is possible to have an interview the day after I applied. Had an interview the day after I got the phone call. Gave me some non-sense problem solving quiz that nothing to do with the position.

Interview Questions
    • Non-sense problem solving quiz. and mathematical problem solving quiz. such as
      1.how many degrees changed in clock between an hour hand and a second hand if time changed from 3 to 3 30.
      2.There are cube with 10 by 10 blocks. if surface is painted, how many are not painted.
        View Answer