JustAnswer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2014

2.8

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JustAnswer.

Basic Four Rounds. Applied Online through their site. The interview process is smooth and easy. Nothing difficult about it.
    1) Phone Screen with HR
    2) Phone Screen with Sr Manager
    3) Phone Screen with Hiring Manager
    4) Onsite One on One with two managers

No Negotiation, No Starting Bonus, No Relocation , No Interview Expenses

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at JustAnswer in January 2012.

Had interview with manager of the team, the VP of engineering and a team member.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was the technical interview. Alot of technical questions I wasn't too sure.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at JustAnswer in July 2012.

Phone interview that is very basic, followed by a phone interview with a team head and then an on site interview

Interview Questions
    • The show you a triangle and ask you to mark where your priorities are.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at JustAnswer in November 2013.

Great Interview process. Had brief phone screen with the recruiter followed by two in person interviews. First in person interview was with the hiring manager and one of my counterparts on the team. I was brought back in to meet with my hiring manager again, an additional counterpart as well as the founder. I was totally blown away by everyone I interviewed with as well as the founder making time to meet with me.

Interview Questions
    • The founder asked me about every manager I had and what they would say my strengths and weaknesses were.   Answer Question
    I didn't need to. Offer had everything I wanted.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at JustAnswer in September 2013.

Applied online and received immediate response from HR. Had a follow-up call with HR where further discussed the details of this opportunity. Next step was a call with director of product which went well and got invited for 4 hr onsite interview. Was scheduled to meet PM, Director of PM, Director of Engineering, and CEO. After interviewed with PM and director of PM was told by HR person that they already gave an offer to somebody else and are currently in the process of background verification so I'm not going to meet Dir of Eng and CEO. Guess that meant that I haven't met expectations of PM and Dir of PM during first and second part of interview. Sent thank you email and received reply from HR that this position was put on hold and their actual need is for Dir of Optimization instead. Bit confusing experience. PM and Dir of PM were really well prepared for this interview, better than any other company I've interviewed with. They're using behavioral style of interviewing and they have a long list of very detailed questions.
    Excellent job on the interviewing side but very disappointing on the communication one.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JustAnswer.

4 phone and 1 in-person interview.

Contract Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at JustAnswer in September 2013.

The interview process was very informative and the managers I interviewed with were very welcoming. I enjoyed that the interview process beginning with the Recruiter thru the in-person interview which were conversations. I've interviewed with a number of companies where you're given brain teasers, asked to complete assessments, etc., but Pearl.com has created a very enjoyable interview process. The interview process is an opportunity to determine if the company is a fit for you as well, and not solely whether you're a fit for the company.

Following my interview I was given an office tour which I felt was an important aspect of the interview process. I believe it provides an opportunity to further understand the office culture and help determine if the company is a fit for you.

The HR team was very welcoming and the onboarding process is painless and has been develope so that overall you can enjoy your first day with the company. I also appreciate that the welcome gifts are personal to each person and not simply a standard gift with the company logo given to everyone.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question centered around resources I use to connect with difficult to find talent.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary based on additional pending offers from other employers. Overall, I knew I wanted to work with Pearl.com and expressed that to the recruiter and they still negotiated a very decent salary. The Recruiter and Management Team were great to work with through the entire process of interviews and negotations.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JustAnswer.

telephone interview with HR and hiring manager. 3 onsite technical interviews.

I did not negotiate, the offer was appropriate.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at JustAnswer in July 2013.

Recruiter was VERY organized. Initial phone interview, follow up phone interview, then 3 hour in person interview with C-level staff. 2nd round (another 3 hours) of interviews with Director level staff. Really smart folks, excellent experience. Spent time to give me the tour of the facility, meet key staff, and ensure I had a very good sense of what was expected. CEO called me to discuss offer over the weekend, and gave a good, honest sense of the culture, the challenges and the opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • How my work would directly impact the product team: without knowing what the major goals were, was hard to be able to estimate the impact.   Answer Question
    Very transparent: offer came in at the mid-high end of expectations, which had been communicated. They were extremely tenacious to ensure it met my expectations, and were flexible in both explanations and package value.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I was asked to take a phone interview wit the VP of Marketing and then the on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • some stats and math problem and also SQL is very important   Answer Question

Worked for JustAnswer? Contribute to the Community!