JustAnswer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.8

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JustAnswer (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was one of the most organized I have ever experienced. It was very quickly executed, well scheduled, and the recruiting team was incredibly responsive throughout the entire process. I was very impressed with everyone who I met with, and they all really made me want to work at JustAnswer.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite part about being an EA?   1 Answer

A Few Different Ones Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JustAnswer (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone screens first - a few of them. In them they asked about salary and title expectations among other things. Then emails - I think they were seeing how I write. Then in-person interviews at the office. They were 1-on-1 with my future boss, people in the department, people in other departments, and informally with the recruiter too. After I passed all of those, they called me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Lots of them. About my work experience, what I'm looking for, why JustAnswer, why this role, my strengths and weaknesses, whether I am more meticulous or speedy, where do I want to be in 5 years, then lots of situational questions about my past experience and also role playing what I'd do in different situations at JustAnswer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me what my walk-away was. Then they offered it.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JustAnswer (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and then had two phone interviews to follow. After my phone screens, I had two face to face interviews with management team. The total time approximately 4 hours for all interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is one area that your previous employer would say you need improvement?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JustAnswer (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted online via their career website. Few days later was contacted for Phone screen with the recruiter. Recruiter said was impressed with background and will pass her notes to the hiring manager and no matter what will hear back from her within days whether decide to move forward with the application or not. Unfortunately, never heard back from the recruiter, just got an email a week later informing that they will be moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Just general behavioral questions and go over the resume   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JustAnswer.

Interview

Basic Four Rounds. Applied Online through their site. The interview process is smooth and easy. Nothing difficult about it. 1) Phone Screen with HR 2) Phone Screen with Sr Manager 3) Phone Screen with Hiring Manager 4) Onsite One on One with two managers

Negotiation

No Negotiation, No Starting Bonus, No Relocation , No Interview Expenses

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JustAnswer (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Great Interview process. Had brief phone screen with the recruiter followed by two in person interviews. First in person interview was with the hiring manager and one of my counterparts on the team. I was brought back in to meet with my hiring manager again, an additional counterpart as well as the founder. I was totally blown away by everyone I interviewed with as well as the founder making time to meet with me.

Interview Questions

• The founder asked me about every manager I had and what they would say my strengths and weaknesses were.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't need to. Offer had everything I wanted.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JustAnswer.

Interview

4 phone and 1 in-person interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JustAnswer (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

telephone interview with HR and hiring manager. 3 onsite technical interviews.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, the offer was appropriate.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JustAnswer (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received immediate response from HR. Had a follow-up call with HR where further discussed the details of this opportunity. Next step was a call with director of product which went well and got invited for 4 hr onsite interview. Was scheduled to meet PM, Director of PM, Director of Engineering, and CEO. After interviewed with PM and director of PM was told by HR person that they already gave an offer to somebody else and are currently in the process of background verification so I'm not going to meet Dir of Eng and CEO. Guess that meant that I haven't met expectations of PM and Dir of PM during first and second part of interview. Sent thank you email and received reply from HR that this position was put on hold and their actual need is for Dir of Optimization instead. Bit confusing experience. PM and Dir of PM were really well prepared for this interview, better than any other company I've interviewed with. They're using behavioral style of interviewing and they have a long list of very detailed questions. Excellent job on the interviewing side but very disappointing on the communication one.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JustAnswer (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Recruiter was VERY organized. Initial phone interview, follow up phone interview, then 3 hour in person interview with C-level staff. 2nd round (another 3 hours) of interviews with Director level staff. Really smart folks, excellent experience. Spent time to give me the tour of the facility, meet key staff, and ensure I had a very good sense of what was expected. CEO called me to discuss offer over the weekend, and gave a good, honest sense of the culture, the challenges and the opportunities.

Interview Questions

• How my work would directly impact the product team: without knowing what the major goals were, was hard to be able to estimate the impact.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very transparent: offer came in at the mid-high end of expectations, which had been communicated. They were extremely tenacious to ensure it met my expectations, and were flexible in both explanations and package value.