K-Designers

Relevance Date Difficulty

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at K-Designers in December 2013.

Interview Details – Employment Ad, Corporate out of state recruiter calls to set up interviews, first interview, then second, then 2 weeks of training.
The phone screening is a joke. I think everyone at this company is a scammer and concerned only with their commission check!

I was so excited about this job, I thought it would be perfect for me. I was seeking an outside sales job, with a good product, good pay, training, etc. I should have known when a recruiter from their home office called to set up an interview with my room mate (a cook by trade) that something wasn't right. First interview, the regional manager boasted about their training was the best in the biz, and he was so efficient in his interviewing process that he sorted out the good from the bad in one visit. I was scheduled for a second interview a week later... I was given the wrong time, or they wrote something down wrong, but the fault was definitely theirs, and i new this for sure because I was having someone else right down what I said while I was on the phone because my hands were full... and I double checked. But when I arrived, on time -early in fact, he had left and when called by a co-worker, he relayed that it was scheduled for 30 minutes prior and I was late. After a few days his secretary called me back (after a lot of begging on my part) and scheduled a 3rd interview. I was working really hard and had a TON of interviews... and slept through my alarm missing my 9 am interview (the only one available, which I said was not a good idea, but oh well) I immediately called to try and fix things. I could tell by the usually jovial receptionist's tone and demeanor I was facing an uphill battle --the regional director was so angry he wouldn't even speak to me again.

Really??? Angry??? I am not saving lives dude... just sleeping through an interview, on accident!

I can see things from his point of view, I probably wouldn't hire me either. But considering its a commission ONLY position, with a 3 week+ interviewing timeline, with 2-4 weeks of unpaid training... I might consider listening to an applicant, and give them many chances to prove themselves, because you got 5-7 weeks at least before you have to begin paying them ONLY when they make a sale.

I was devastated, defeated, and so disappointed. I stewed on it all day, and even devised a very promising idea for recovery and a plan to get another chance.

THANK GOD I decided to check their online reviews before I did. First red flag, very little reviews --online reviews are like credit... a lot of bad is bad, but none at all is also bad.

The customer reviews painted the product as poorly made and over priced with sales feeling dirty, tricked and very dissatisfied. When you only have 4 total, and 3 out of 4 are nightmarish... yeah, no credit for you dirtbag!

But the employee reviews were what I wanted, and there were 5...3 being from my area... after reading those, I was so happy I overslept!

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at K-Designers in May 2013.

Interview Details – A total joke. Got stood up twice by some "Vice President" But it is a 1099 straight commission "opportunity" with no GA$ or vehicle reimbursement, so do I care? Nah. Hideous "offices" too....

Interview Question – None- Doofus stodd me up. As if...Their postings for sales are constant, because they always need reps who will work for free until they go broke and quit.   View Answer

Telemarketer Interview

Telemarketer
Gold River, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at K-Designers.

Interview Details – You just walk in, and they have you read a script. Then they hire you on the spot. Wish i was kidding, it's literally too easy. They didnt ask for my social security card or anything. Very sketchy.

Interview Question – Can you take no for an answer?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Gold River, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at K-Designers in July 2013.

Interview Details – very Positive experience

Interview Question – Be prepared to act animated because you will be a closing sales person for this company   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Clackamas, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at K-Designers in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was called and asked some questions about my self and work history. I explained that I had 20 years experience in the construction industry as a manager and owner. She asked me to meet with the regional manager the following Monday and be sure to wear a tie. I came home and researched the company. It does not look like a very solid opportunity.

Interview Question – What is your background   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Denver, CO

The process took a day - interviewed at K-Designers in February 2012.

Interview Details – This was just the initial contact by them to get me to interview. They actually called me daily for several days as if it were a sales call (which no I see is). I was skeptical b/c anytime I've worked a 100% commission position, the promises made are rarely true. This is b/c they have no steak in your success since they don't have to pay you anything. Bad sign. However, I was told over the phone that gas and auto usage is reimbursed and that they set up all appointments and there is no prospecting required. Strictly selling. This didn't sound too bad. I am a top performer so I take my time seriously and don't have time to waste on on being fooled for a 100% commission position.

I quickly got all dressed professionally for an interview (which they seemed very pushy about), printed resumes and was about to walk out the door and drive for 60+ minutes when I got this feeling I should search reviews of the company. I saw the review here on glassdoor.com and quickly saw that they deceive interviewees and that the preset appointments promised are mostly invalid.

Thanks to them they wasted an hr of my time. At least I caught this before I made the drive & burned $20 of gas.

Unless a 100% commission job is your only option for decent money, I'd run.

Reason for Declining – They lied to me.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at K-Designers in November 2009.

Interview Details – Met with the manager, and was offered a position immediately. Not a difficult interview since I had worked in this industry. Handed me a script to memorize which was recited at orientation.

Interview Question – Do you have experience with scripted sales presentations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Commission only, with heavy emphasis on profit margin preservation. bonuses are designed to keep contractor around.

sales rep Interview

sales rep
Clackamas, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at K-Designers in May 2009.

Interview Details – Called on a Wednesday, asked to show up on Thursday. Did and they asked me to come back again later. Then, interviewed with Branch Manager for about 15 minutes and wasn't allowed to ask questions.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Read several bad reviews online.

West Valley City, UT

The process took 5 days - interviewed at K-Designers in November 2008.

Interview Details – You interview several times with the branch manager. He does his best to explain the challenges of the position and the potential rewards then has you go home and think about it. If you call back, they schedule a second interview where the compensation plan is explained as well as more of the job requirements that weren't explained the first time. If you agree, they will schedule a third interview where you will have had to learn the MD Job Description. If you have done that reasonably well, an offer to start training will be extended.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They have a compensation plan and you take it or you don't work there

Marketing Director

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at K-Designers in December 2009.

Interview Details – The manager lied about everything he told me in my interview. Nothing he said came true and all of my concerns that I brought up were disregarded. They make you train for a full week which is just like going back to school. You also have to pay back the piddly $200 they "front" you during your training.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to go on an 8pm appointment?   View Answer
  • Can you float yourself for a month or two until your commissions come in?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for K-Designers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at K-Designers interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by K-Designers employees and interview candidates.