K-Designers

Updated Nov 26, 2014

1.4

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gold River, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at K-Designers in October 2014.

Being new to Sacramento, CA, I unknowingly applied online for a job there. Received a phone call by a VERY rude lady the following day.

She was rude the whole conversation. She called around 3 PM & asked me if I could come in the following day & I informed her I couldn't (because it was of short notice) she then begin to tell me that "the reason that I come in the following day is so I can start that day as soon as they get my paperwork done" without telling me anymore information. I was then pressured into coming in the following day despite already telling her, No.

She then asked me to come in at 7 AM (keep in mind I had no idea what position she was referring to) & I informed her I wouldn't be able to. She then snapped her lips & sounded very annoyed saying, She will schedule me for 10 AM then. I simply replied with an "I guess." Shocked at her behavior as a recruiter/manager/HR or whoever she was, as she failed to mention who she even was, except for the fact that it was for K Designers. She was VERY pushy.

She then began spewing out the address & I stopped her to ask if she can email me the information so I can have a hard copy to look at, also some more information on this company. She then cut me off, "You know what, to be honest, I really don't have time to write you an email, so just write it down." She then continued giving me the address as I pretended to write it down, already knowing I was skipping this, just because of how rude she was.

She then said, "Come at 8:30" (even though we "agreed" on 10 PM) then hung up without even a goodbye.

Needless to say, I didn't show up for this "on the spot job" and I don't regret a thing. Except for the fact that I should've been nastier to this lady & not taking her name down & writing an official complaint to her company. People like this should not be working with other people. I would not trust these people to work on my home, if I can't even trust to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • It was more of a demand then a question.

"Come in tomorrow at 7. We will do your paperwork then you can start that day."

Answer Question

Rude recruiter

Marketing Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at K-Designers in March 2014.

Two interviews and one week of training. Two one on one interviews then training at the Portland facility which was fantastic. They train you to be successful and if you follow their eight step program you will be. The management is very easy to work with and the training is on going.

Very Easy

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at K-Designers in December 2013.

Employment Ad, Corporate out of state recruiter calls to set up interviews, first interview, then second, then 2 weeks of training.
    The phone screening is a joke. I think everyone at this company is a scammer and concerned only with their commission check!

I was so excited about this job, I thought it would be perfect for me. I was seeking an outside sales job, with a good product, good pay, training, etc. I should have known when a recruiter from their home office called to set up an interview with my room mate (a cook by trade) that something wasn't right. First interview, the regional manager boasted about their training was the best in the biz, and he was so efficient in his interviewing process that he sorted out the good from the bad in one visit. I was scheduled for a second interview a week later... I was given the wrong time, or they wrote something down wrong, but the fault was definitely theirs, and i new this for sure because I was having someone else right down what I said while I was on the phone because my hands were full... and I double checked. But when I arrived, on time -early in fact, he had left and when called by a co-worker, he relayed that it was scheduled for 30 minutes prior and I was late. After a few days his secretary called me back (after a lot of begging on my part) and scheduled a 3rd interview. I was working really hard and had a TON of interviews... and slept through my alarm missing my 9 am interview (the only one available, which I said was not a good idea, but oh well) I immediately called to try and fix things. I could tell by the usually jovial receptionist's tone and demeanor I was facing an uphill battle --the regional director was so angry he wouldn't even speak to me again.

Really??? Angry??? I am not saving lives dude... just sleeping through an interview, on accident!

I can see things from his point of view, I probably wouldn't hire me either. But considering its a commission ONLY position, with a 3 week+ interviewing timeline, with 2-4 weeks of unpaid training... I might consider listening to an applicant, and give them many chances to prove themselves, because you got 5-7 weeks at least before you have to begin paying them ONLY when they make a sale.

I was devastated, defeated, and so disappointed. I stewed on it all day, and even devised a very promising idea for recovery and a plan to get another chance.

THANK GOD I decided to check their online reviews before I did. First red flag, very little reviews --online reviews are like credit... a lot of bad is bad, but none at all is also bad.

The customer reviews painted the product as poorly made and over priced with sales feeling dirty, tricked and very dissatisfied. When you only have 4 total, and 3 out of 4 are nightmarish... yeah, no credit for you dirtbag!

But the employee reviews were what I wanted, and there were 5...3 being from my area... after reading those, I was so happy I overslept!

Telemarketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gold River, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at K-Designers.

You just walk in, and they have you read a script. Then they hire you on the spot. Wish i was kidding, it's literally too easy. They didnt ask for my social security card or anything. Very sketchy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gold River, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at K-Designers in July 2013.

very Positive experience

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to act animated because you will be a closing sales person for this company   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at K-Designers in May 2013.

A total joke. Got stood up twice by some "Vice President" But it is a 1099 straight commission "opportunity" with no GA$ or vehicle reimbursement, so do I care? Nah. Hideous "offices" too....

Interview Questions
    • None- Doofus stodd me up. As if...Their postings for sales are constant, because they always need reps who will work for free until they go broke and quit.   View Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at K-Designers in May 2012.

I was called and asked some questions about my self and work history. I explained that I had 20 years experience in the construction industry as a manager and owner. She asked me to meet with the regional manager the following Monday and be sure to wear a tie. I came home and researched the company. It does not look like a very solid opportunity.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took a dayinterviewed at K-Designers in February 2012.

This was just the initial contact by them to get me to interview. They actually called me daily for several days as if it were a sales call (which no I see is). I was skeptical b/c anytime I've worked a 100% commission position, the promises made are rarely true. This is b/c they have no steak in your success since they don't have to pay you anything. Bad sign. However, I was told over the phone that gas and auto usage is reimbursed and that they set up all appointments and there is no prospecting required. Strictly selling. This didn't sound too bad. I am a top performer so I take my time seriously and don't have time to waste on on being fooled for a 100% commission position.

I quickly got all dressed professionally for an interview (which they seemed very pushy about), printed resumes and was about to walk out the door and drive for 60+ minutes when I got this feeling I should search reviews of the company. I saw the review here on glassdoor.com and quickly saw that they deceive interviewees and that the preset appointments promised are mostly invalid.

Thanks to them they wasted an hr of my time. At least I caught this before I made the drive & burned $20 of gas.

Unless a 100% commission job is your only option for decent money, I'd run.

They lied to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at K-Designers in November 2009.

Met with the manager, and was offered a position immediately. Not a difficult interview since I had worked in this industry. Handed me a script to memorize which was recited at orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with scripted sales presentations?   Answer Question
    Commission only, with heavy emphasis on profit margin preservation. bonuses are designed to keep contractor around.

sales rep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clackamas, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at K-Designers in May 2009.

Called on a Wednesday, asked to show up on Thursday. Did and they asked me to come back again later. Then, interviewed with Branch Manager for about 15 minutes and wasn't allowed to ask questions.

Interview Questions

Read several bad reviews online.