K-VA-T Food Stores

2.7

Cake Decorator/Deli Helper/Floral Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online – interviewed at K-VA-T Food Stores.

When I interviewed I put in an application and was contacted by phone. There was no phone interview, simply scheduling for the initial interview with HR and whoever will be your Dept. Manager/Assistant Manager. I only had one interview and was hired, but now the company requires the first interview mentioned previously along with an interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    It was my first job so I was just happy to have it, but no, there's generally no negotiation. You put your availability on your application and HR calls applicants based on that. You might get hired in at a higher price point for experience, or rarely you might get hired in at full time, but for the most part, you are hired in at a flat beginning rate and you must make your way up. NOTE: Bakery/Deli and Meat Dept. get higher hourly wages automatically, but applicant must be 18 to work in either dept.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blountville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blountville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at K-VA-T Food Stores in November 2011.

After I submitted my application, I received a phone call from the Pharmacist in Charge. He and I exchanged a conversation over the phone, after which he invited me to interview for the position. My interview was scheduled in a timely manner (within three days), and the PIC was ready when I arrived. The interview took about 45 minutes, and was extremely detailed. Afterwards, he thanked me for my time and said he would be in touch. While I heard from the PIC rather quickly regarding my offer, since the pharmacy is part of a grocery store chain, the management within the store took awhile. I had to come in for a drug test, as well as in-store training on the computer (which was unscheduled and very confusing).

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I was asked was who was my hero, and it couldn't be a family member. I didn't see what that had to with pharmacy work, but I'm sure that it helped the PIC make his decision.   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at K-VA-T Food Stores in September 2009.

on-line application, 1 on 1 interview, drug test, 2nd interview, orientation

Interview Questions
    • on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your ability to speak to strangers?   View Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at K-VA-T Food Stores.

They called me and asked me to come in and gave me papers to fill out. They drug tested me and gave me a job.

Interview Questions
    They seemed willing to negotiate.