K&L Gates

Relevance Date Difficulty

Docket Technician Interview

Interviewed at K&L Gates

Interview Details – Long

Interview Question – If I could buy any car in the world what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Security Associate Director Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at K&L Gates in August 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty easy given that there is no one there capable of assessing qualifications. As would be expected with that being the case, lots of canned general questions that anyone with a year of two of security experience under their belt should be able to handle.

Interview Question – How would you go about providing the illusion of positive change for the better from a security perspective without actually changing much of anything at all?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at K&L Gates.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me about an opening. I interviewed and was given an offer -- only one round of interviews. I believe, however, this was atypical.

Interview Question – Almost all the questions were based on my legal experience. No behavioral questions were asked.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at K&L Gates in October 2009.

Interview Details – An associate served as my "tour guide" for the day. She led me from interview to interview. I mostly interviewed with partners. The thing that struck me most was that some of the partners were very adamant that Pittsburgh was not a Midwestern-style rust-belt city, but was one of the business centers of the world. The firm seemed cool. Summer associates received Blackberries (when it was cool to have them).

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Legal Professional Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at K&L Gates.

Interview Details – The initial hiring process was with a previous firm before merging with K&L. I met with HR and then a few other attorneys. Interview process was very smooth.

Interview Question – I didn't really get any difficult or unexpected questions. Most questions relayed to my experience and my ability to perform the job.   View Answer

Vacation Scheme Interview

I applied online and interviewed at K&L Gates.

Interview Details – one online assessment after online application. one interview- competency based questions. ranging from why you picked the subjects you chose at school, why your uni degree, how you coped from school to university, why law, and positions of responsibiltiy

Interview Question – name a time where you were in a difficult situation. what did you learn.   Answer Question

Partner Interview

Interviewed at K&L Gates

Interview Details – People were very nice and friendly. Gave me a good idea of what to expect. My interview was years ago so it's likely much different by now.

Interview Question – I don't recall the specific questions that were asked. Interview was years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I already had an idea of what to expect and knew attorneys that worked there so the negotiation was not difficult.

Legal Secretary Interview

Legal Secretary

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at K&L Gates in February 2009.

Interview Details – Very impersonal telephone interview; interviewer was not friendly or even courteous and there were strong indications that the company was not interested in hiring an older worker with many years of experience working in a legal environment - the key phrases were "over qualified" and "we have another candidate in mind; thank you for your time."

Interview Question – How many years of experience do you have   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Uncomfortable with attitude of interviewer and the fact that this company had recently trimmed its support staff and terminated several administrative assistant and legal secretary positions

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at K&L Gates in January 2011.

Interview Details – I participated in a first-round screening interview with a senior attorney. We met in a conference room and discussed general information and the interviewer responded to questions I had. Based on that interview, we planned on scheduling a series of second-round interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for our firm?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for K&L Gates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at K&L Gates interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by K&L Gates employees and interview candidates.