K&L Gates LLP Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
15 interviews

2.7

Help Desk Technician Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

Help desk manager quit the day before my interview. The IT manager had no clue that any interviews were going on. I waited in the lobby for an hour before the IT manager was contacted and a mini interview was conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Manager wasn't prepared for the interview. No questions were asked.   Answer Question

Legal Clerk Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

horrible...met with hr, then tossled around, the manager dosent know she has interview, everything was a mess, i called back hr, then she didnt reply and respond i went back to the manager, i was like running in circles and i couldnt even find out where to go...

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP in January 2014.

Submit resume, got an interview and began a series of in person interviews. Made at least 4 trips there. Don't really remember the exact details because that was a long time ago.

Legal Secretary Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

Very quick. I applied online on a Saturday and was called in for an interview on Monday. Started employment exactly 4 weeks from date of application. I was very happy with the fluidity of the process. But I believe they moved very quickly because they understood I had two outstanding offers.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall a specific question that was unexpected or I couldn't answer. But I always get stumped on the "what are your weaknesses".   Answer Question
    I negotiated a little bit because I had two outstanding offers.

Marketing Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP in December 2013.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. The phone screening wasn't too difficult and recruiter was very friendly.

The first on-site interview was in their Wilmington office, but used video conference to talk with hiring managers in Seattle. This interview was pretty straight forward, no trick questions, a few behavioral questions.

The second interview was in Pittsburgh. I was interview by two team members that the candidate would work with. Neither seemed to have much experience interviewing and did not appear to have prepared together very well for asking questions. Some questions were a bit odd.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do at your current job that can translate over to this job?   View Answer

Docket Technician Interview

Long

Interview Questions
    • If I could buy any car in the world what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Security Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP in August 2011.

Pretty easy given that there is no one there capable of assessing qualifications. As would be expected with that being the case, lots of canned general questions that anyone with a year of two of security experience under their belt should be able to handle.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about providing the illusion of positive change for the better from a security perspective without actually changing much of anything at all?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

A recruiter contacted me about an opening. I interviewed and was given an offer -- only one round of interviews. I believe, however, this was atypical.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all the questions were based on my legal experience. No behavioral questions were asked.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP in October 2009.

An associate served as my "tour guide" for the day. She led me from interview to interview. I mostly interviewed with partners. The thing that struck me most was that some of the partners were very adamant that Pittsburgh was not a Midwestern-style rust-belt city, but was one of the business centers of the world. The firm seemed cool. Summer associates received Blackberries (when it was cool to have them).

Legal Professional Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

The initial hiring process was with a previous firm before merging with K&L. I met with HR and then a few other attorneys. Interview process was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really get any difficult or unexpected questions. Most questions relayed to my experience and my ability to perform the job.   View Answer

Worked for K&L Gates LLP? Contribute to the Community!