K&L Gates LLP

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Legal Clerk Interview

Legal Clerk

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

Interview Details – horrible...met with hr, then tossled around, the manager dosent know she has interview, everything was a mess, i called back hr, then she didnt reply and respond i went back to the manager, i was like running in circles and i couldnt even find out where to go...

Interview Question – salary expectations   View Answer

Legal Secretary Interview

Legal Secretary
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submit resume, got an interview and began a series of in person interviews. Made at least 4 trips there. Don't really remember the exact details because that was a long time ago.

Legal Secretary Interview

Legal Secretary

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

Interview Details – Very quick. I applied online on a Saturday and was called in for an interview on Monday. Started employment exactly 4 weeks from date of application. I was very happy with the fluidity of the process. But I believe they moved very quickly because they understood I had two outstanding offers.

Interview Question – I do not recall a specific question that was unexpected or I couldn't answer. But I always get stumped on the "what are your weaknesses".   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a little bit because I had two outstanding offers.

Marketing Communications Assistant Interview

Marketing Communications Assistant
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. The phone screening wasn't too difficult and recruiter was very friendly.

The first on-site interview was in their Wilmington office, but used video conference to talk with hiring managers in Seattle. This interview was pretty straight forward, no trick questions, a few behavioral questions.

The second interview was in Pittsburgh. I was interview by two team members that the candidate would work with. Neither seemed to have much experience interviewing and did not appear to have prepared together very well for asking questions. Some questions were a bit odd.

Interview Question – What do you do at your current job that can translate over to this job?   View Answer

Docket Technician Interview

Docket Technician

Interviewed at K&L Gates LLP

Interview Details – Long

Interview Question – If I could buy any car in the world what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Security Associate Director Interview

Security Associate Director
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP in August 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty easy given that there is no one there capable of assessing qualifications. As would be expected with that being the case, lots of canned general questions that anyone with a year of two of security experience under their belt should be able to handle.

Interview Question – How would you go about providing the illusion of positive change for the better from a security perspective without actually changing much of anything at all?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me about an opening. I interviewed and was given an offer -- only one round of interviews. I believe, however, this was atypical.

Interview Question – Almost all the questions were based on my legal experience. No behavioral questions were asked.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP in October 2009.

Interview Details – An associate served as my "tour guide" for the day. She led me from interview to interview. I mostly interviewed with partners. The thing that struck me most was that some of the partners were very adamant that Pittsburgh was not a Midwestern-style rust-belt city, but was one of the business centers of the world. The firm seemed cool. Summer associates received Blackberries (when it was cool to have them).

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Legal Professional Interview

Legal Professional

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

Interview Details – The initial hiring process was with a previous firm before merging with K&L. I met with HR and then a few other attorneys. Interview process was very smooth.

Interview Question – I didn't really get any difficult or unexpected questions. Most questions relayed to my experience and my ability to perform the job.   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at K&L Gates LLP in October 2008.

Interview Details – I was surprised I got this interview because my on-campus interview did not go particularly well and the market was imploding at the time. I met with three partners and went to lunch with one associate. Questions were conventional, be prepared to talk about why you applied to the firm and what practice areas are of interest to you. The interviews with all of the partners seemed to go well except for one, who was pre-occupied. I received a rejection letter a week later.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at K&L Gates LLP

Worked for K&L Gates LLP? Contribute to the Community!