K&L Gates LLP

Updated Nov 9, 2014
Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.7

Help Desk Technician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

Help desk manager quit the day before my interview. The IT manager had no clue that any interviews were going on. I waited in the lobby for an hour before the IT manager was contacted and a mini interview was conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Manager wasn't prepared for the interview. No questions were asked.   Answer Question

Legal Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

horrible...met with hr, then tossled around, the manager dosent know she has interview, everything was a mess, i called back hr, then she didnt reply and respond i went back to the manager, i was like running in circles and i couldnt even find out where to go...

Legal Secretary Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

Very quick. I applied online on a Saturday and was called in for an interview on Monday. Started employment exactly 4 weeks from date of application. I was very happy with the fluidity of the process. But I believe they moved very quickly because they understood I had two outstanding offers.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall a specific question that was unexpected or I couldn't answer. But I always get stumped on the "what are your weaknesses".   Answer Question
    I negotiated a little bit because I had two outstanding offers.

Docket Technician Interview

Long

Interview Questions
    • If I could buy any car in the world what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at K&L Gates LLP in January 2014.

Submit resume, got an interview and began a series of in person interviews. Made at least 4 trips there. Don't really remember the exact details because that was a long time ago.

Marketing Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at K&L Gates LLP in December 2013.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. The phone screening wasn't too difficult and recruiter was very friendly.

The first on-site interview was in their Wilmington office, but used video conference to talk with hiring managers in Seattle. This interview was pretty straight forward, no trick questions, a few behavioral questions.

The second interview was in Pittsburgh. I was interview by two team members that the candidate would work with. Neither seemed to have much experience interviewing and did not appear to have prepared together very well for asking questions. Some questions were a bit odd.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do at your current job that can translate over to this job?   View Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at K&L Gates LLP in July 2013.

Interview process was very easy. I went into the office for an early morning interview. We got started right on time and the the process went quickly and smoothly. I interviewed with the partners on the specific team and everyone was friendly, easy to speak with, and seemed like well rounded people in general. The whole process took less than two hours and was over with before I knew it.

Interview Questions
    • Really no curveballs as far as questions go. It was more conversational than interview style. We talked about the job, firm, expectations, and my experience and background.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

A recruiter contacted me about an opening. I interviewed and was given an offer -- only one round of interviews. I believe, however, this was atypical.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all the questions were based on my legal experience. No behavioral questions were asked.   Answer Question

Legal Professional Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at K&L Gates LLP.

The initial hiring process was with a previous firm before merging with K&L. I met with HR and then a few other attorneys. Interview process was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really get any difficult or unexpected questions. Most questions relayed to my experience and my ability to perform the job.   View Answer

Security Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at K&L Gates LLP in August 2011.

Pretty easy given that there is no one there capable of assessing qualifications. As would be expected with that being the case, lots of canned general questions that anyone with a year of two of security experience under their belt should be able to handle.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about providing the illusion of positive change for the better from a security perspective without actually changing much of anything at all?   Answer Question