K12 Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.4

Virtual Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at K12.

The phone interview with the supervisors was very professional and detailed. They asked very similar questions to the interviews I've been do for brick and mortar schools. I also did not need to wait long to hear back from them with their hiring decision. Overall, it was a very well put together process and the professionalism and helpfulness of my superiors has continued during my first few months working with K12.

Interview Questions
    • When did you go the extra mile to help a student in need?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at K12 in July 2014.

Two interviews were conducted. 1 by phone and 1 in-person. The interviewer had only been in the role for a year and had no prior experience in the education product and service sales industry. The interviewer seemed somewhat uncomfortable. The individual also had their children with them waiting in the hallway of the conference room.

Online Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at K12.

2 phone interviews. One screening interview and another with principal and staff member. They didn't ask any questions about teaching. Interviewer talked about himself and made jokes about how easy being an online teacher is.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. I was surprised that I wasn't asked any questions about teaching or if I had any ability with technology. In looking back, I think they were just desperate to hire someone. After I was hired I learned that there's a very high teacher turnover rate.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Their salaries are set.

Online Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at K12.

Very easy to deal with- gave a brief presentation was hired relatively quickly, within a few weeks from beginning to working. They called me and interviewed me by phone (the person that is my current supervisor), then set up a session online where I could teach to a panel and have questions asked of me.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any questions from the interview to be honest. I think they may have asked it I would be willing to help a student in the middle of the night.   Answer Question
    no negotion

Document Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at K12 in June 2014.

You will first get an email telling you about the position and you respond back to the email and let the recruiter know your qualifications. They will email you back and schedule your interview. The one-on-one interview was a very easy. The only question that was asked was What do you know about K12? and she went over my resume. I would recommend bringing your resume because she doesn't have one with her. Just explain what you did at your previous jobs and that's about it. At the end of the interview she will tell you what day you start and that you will be paid through Randsted, on a weekly basis. Overall very easy interview process.

No $15 per hour!

Document Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at K12 in April 2014.

The hiring process went well. The recruiter asked me about my jobs etc. Once they are done, they will tell you what day you start, what times, and let you know an offer is being sent.

The recruiter lied to me about several aspects of the before, during and after the process.

Graphics and User Experience Designer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at K12 in April 2014.

I submitted my resume in the job fair in George Washington University and finished the online application at the same time in early March.

After a month, I got the email from K12 asking me for a phone interview. The recruiter, through phone, asked me my background, and detailed information in my resume. Also, there were some behavioral questions, such as "Do you prefer to work alone or teamwork?" " What is the thing that you are proud of?" "Is there any challenge during your previous work and in college?"The phone interview took about 30 mins.

Two weeks later, I was asked to go to the company to do a on-site interview. There are 3 recruiters interviewed me at the same time. There was no behavioral questions during on-site interview. They focused on detailed work you have done in the resume, and what kind of knowledges you have.

Because I major in Computer Science, and this position required strong User Experience skills. I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you prefer to work alone or teamwork?"
      "What is the thing that you are proud of?"
      "Is there any challenge during your previous work and in college?"
      Other questions were related to my resume, and what kind of knowledges and skills I had.
        Answer Question

Pal Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at K12 in March 2014.

This was a very difficult interview because it was based on role playing. There was a lot of "You are..." And "I am..."

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me something. Make a good case for why I would want to buy what you are selling."   Answer Question

Personal Admissions Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alcoa, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alcoa, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at K12 in March 2014.

Contacted by recruited 3 days after doing online application, interviewed Thursday, and was called the following Wednesday and offer position.

No negotiations.

Online Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at K12.

The process was fine, but the information presented as the job description was lacking the majority of the job. Since the salary was so low they kept touting the flexibility of working from home. They failed to mention all of the required travel and 9 hours a day of being in home office.

There was no negotiation.