K12

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Phila, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at K12 in July 2012.

Interview Details – K12 is a subcontractor for many public school districts and private schools throughout the US. Their essential focus is to provide online content centered on the common core allowing schools to meet the needs of students who are technologically comfortable with learning independently of co-dependently wit the help of online teachers, counselors and staff. K12 seeks experienced leaders and staff to work at will with the premise that all will work out for everyone involved.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions asked.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The school when bringing someone in for the interview chooses from a highly qualified applicant pool so that they can move quickly to hire. In some instances one interview is enough.

Online Teacher

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at K12.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews. One screening interview and another with principal and staff member. They didn't ask any questions about teaching. Interviewer talked about himself and made jokes about how easy being an online teacher is.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. I was surprised that I wasn't asked any questions about teaching or if I had any ability with technology. In looking back, I think they were just desperate to hire someone. After I was hired I learned that there's a very high teacher turnover rate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Their salaries are set.

Document Processor Interview

Document Processor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at K12 in June 2014.

Interview Details – You will first get an email telling you about the position and you respond back to the email and let the recruiter know your qualifications. They will email you back and schedule your interview. The one-on-one interview was a very easy. The only question that was asked was What do you know about K12? and she went over my resume. I would recommend bringing your resume because she doesn't have one with her. Just explain what you did at your previous jobs and that's about it. At the end of the interview she will tell you what day you start and that you will be paid through Randsted, on a weekly basis. Overall very easy interview process.

Negotiation Details – No $15 per hour!

Document Processor Interview

Document Processor
Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at K12 in April 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process went well. The recruiter asked me about my jobs etc. Once they are done, they will tell you what day you start, what times, and let you know an offer is being sent.

Reason for Declining – The recruiter lied to me about several aspects of the before, during and after the process.

Graphics and User Experience Designer Intern Interview

Graphics and User Experience Designer Intern
Herndon, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at K12 in April 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume in the job fair in George Washington University and finished the online application at the same time in early March.

After a month, I got the email from K12 asking me for a phone interview. The recruiter, through phone, asked me my background, and detailed information in my resume. Also, there were some behavioral questions, such as "Do you prefer to work alone or teamwork?" " What is the thing that you are proud of?" "Is there any challenge during your previous work and in college?"The phone interview took about 30 mins.

Two weeks later, I was asked to go to the company to do a on-site interview. There are 3 recruiters interviewed me at the same time. There was no behavioral questions during on-site interview. They focused on detailed work you have done in the resume, and what kind of knowledges you have.

Because I major in Computer Science, and this position required strong User Experience skills. I did not get the offer.

Interview Question – "Do you prefer to work alone or teamwork?"
"What is the thing that you are proud of?"
"Is there any challenge during your previous work and in college?"
Other questions were related to my resume, and what kind of knowledges and skills I had.
  Answer Question

Online Teacher

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at K12.

Interview Details – Very easy to deal with- gave a brief presentation was hired relatively quickly, within a few weeks from beginning to working. They called me and interviewed me by phone (the person that is my current supervisor), then set up a session online where I could teach to a panel and have questions asked of me.

Interview Question – I don't remember any questions from the interview to be honest. I think they may have asked it I would be willing to help a student in the middle of the night.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotion

Pal Interview

Pal

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at K12 in March 2014.

Interview Details – This was a very difficult interview because it was based on role playing. There was a lot of "You are..." And "I am..."

Interview Question – "Sell me something. Make a good case for why I would want to buy what you are selling."   Answer Question

Personal Admissions Liaison Interview

Personal Admissions Liaison
Alcoa, TN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at K12 in March 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruited 3 days after doing online application, interviewed Thursday, and was called the following Wednesday and offer position.

Interview Question – Routine basic interview questions. Nothing to hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Online Teacher

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at K12.

Interview Details – The process was fine, but the information presented as the job description was lacking the majority of the job. Since the salary was so low they kept touting the flexibility of working from home. They failed to mention all of the required travel and 9 hours a day of being in home office.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Special Education Teacher

I applied online and interviewed at K12.

Interview Details – I had two interviews for a position with k12.com. Both were very friendly and relaxed. Both were phone interviews. The interviewers took the time to answer any questions that I had and were very quick to make sure I had their contact information in case anything else came up afterwards.

Interview Question – For me, none of the questions seemed difficult or unexpected. They all seemed pretty much like standard interview questions for a teaching position.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at K12

Worked for K12? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at K12 interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by K12 employees and interview candidates.