K12 Interview Questions

2.4

High School Inter Program (HIP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at K12.

First interview was a Skype interview with two people from human resources. The next interview took place in person with a panel of about four of the heads of various departments in the company. The interviewers were friendly and the environment was not too stressful. Overall, it was not a bad experience.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was a while ago, don't remember specifics. I do remember though that the interviewers referenced specific things i had said in my application essays.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Met with 3 project managers. Basic questions about how to manage scope, schedule, resources. Some follow up along the lines of "what would I do if" and which project management levers to pull in order to bring the project back in line. Then some questions that relate to stakeholder interaction and how best to get the business need represented in some reasonable sense of scope and timeline.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle decision making when senior management is inattentive?   Answer Question

Education Interview

I applied online – interviewed at K12.

Initial communication from recruiter was very positive. Follow on interviews with Senior leaders was very positive - very transparent, professional, and warm. I know the company has been through recent turbulence, but I strongly believe they will overcome their challenges and continue to do great things for virtual education across the US and beyond.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Document Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at K12.

Online application, phone interview, face to face, background check, drug test, etc. They lied to me about several aspects of the job. Ask where you will be working- they told me I would be working in an office. I was working in a hot, over crowded (fire violations all over) conference room.

Interview Questions
    • How many documents can you process a day?   View Answer
    Job pays at $13.00 an hour. No benefits like PTO, health insurance, holidays off, etc. Needed a job really bad, so I took it. Non-negotiable. Everyone else in my class received the same pay.

Information Specialist Interview

I received an email from the hiring manager telling me he wanted to interview me. I had an hour-long phone call with him, then I was brought in for an in-person interview. I met with the hiring manager and his supervisor rather briefly, and was extended an offer that day. Very quick, in a good way.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what kind of experience I had with ticketing systems, but I didn't have any. Didn't seem to be an issue.   Answer Question

Online Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at K12 in December 2014.

I was contacted by an email stating that K12 would like to interview me for their online teacher position. It would be a phone interview with the head of the school

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was what was the last book you read. I had put on my application that I enjoy reading, which I do, but it has been awhile since I read an entire book (due to having a toddler at home) so I had to scramble to think of a title and author that sounded decent.   Answer Question

Virtual Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at K12.

The phone interview with the supervisors was very professional and detailed. They asked very similar questions to the interviews I've been do for brick and mortar schools. I also did not need to wait long to hear back from them with their hiring decision. Overall, it was a very well put together process and the professionalism and helpfulness of my superiors has continued during my first few months working with K12.

Interview Questions
    • When did you go the extra mile to help a student in need?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at K12 in July 2014.

Two interviews were conducted. 1 by phone and 1 in-person. The interviewer had only been in the role for a year and had no prior experience in the education product and service sales industry. The interviewer seemed somewhat uncomfortable. The individual also had their children with them waiting in the hallway of the conference room.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at K12 in July 2014.

I applied online and then I was contacted by the HR manager in the company, and set up an phone interview withe . First round is a phone interview by Manager just ask for some general behavior questions and if you pass the first round of interview, you will be invited to have a face to face interview in their office. The questions they ask is very general, no technical questions or any IQ test. Make sure to prepare your reseme very well cause they will ask everything from your reseme

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to work with us?
      What is your long term goal?
      What is your strenth and weakness?
      How do you take the pressure?

Answer Question

Online Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at K12.

2 phone interviews. One screening interview and another with principal and staff member. They didn't ask any questions about teaching. Interviewer talked about himself and made jokes about how easy being an online teacher is.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. I was surprised that I wasn't asked any questions about teaching or if I had any ability with technology. In looking back, I think they were just desperate to hire someone. After I was hired I learned that there's a very high teacher turnover rate.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Their salaries are set.