K12 Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.7

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at K12 (Herndon, VA).

Interview

I saw an opening so talked to some friends there. Based on their feedback and the company's reputation, I was not overly excited. One phone interview was followed by an on site interview with three product people. The interviews went well but then I never heard from them again. Classy!

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected - why do you want to work here? What products have you worked on? etc.   Answer Question

High School Inter Program (HIP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at K12 (Herndon, VA).

Interview

First interview was a Skype interview with two people from human resources. The next interview took place in person with a panel of about four of the heads of various departments in the company. The interviewers were friendly and the environment was not too stressful. Overall, it was not a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview was a while ago, don't remember specifics. I do remember though that the interviewers referenced specific things i had said in my application essays.   Answer Question

Document Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K12 (Herndon, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process went well. The recruiter asked me about my jobs etc. Once they are done, they will tell you what day you start, what times, and let you know an offer is being sent.

The recruiter lied to me about several aspects of the before, during and after the process.

Graphics and User Experience Designer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at K12 (Herndon, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume in the job fair in George Washington University and finished the online application at the same time in early March. After a month, I got the email from K12 asking me for a phone interview. The recruiter, through phone, asked me my background, and detailed information in my resume. Also, there were some behavioral questions, such as "Do you prefer to work alone or teamwork?" " What is the thing that you are proud of?" "Is there any challenge during your previous work and in college?"The phone interview took about 30 mins. Two weeks later, I was asked to go to the company to do a on-site interview. There are 3 recruiters interviewed me at the same time. There was no behavioral questions during on-site interview. They focused on detailed work you have done in the resume, and what kind of knowledges you have. Because I major in Computer Science, and this position required strong User Experience skills. I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• "Do you prefer to work alone or teamwork?" "What is the thing that you are proud of?" "Is there any challenge during your previous work and in college?" Other questions were related to my resume, and what kind of knowledges and skills I had.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter to interview for a finance manager role. Met with the VP of finance. He said, if he liked me he would refer me down channel to the director. I commented that it normally works in the other direction. He said he is very particular.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you leave your jobs and the answer needs to be more in depth than "received better opportunity."   Answer Question

After receiving offer and discussing it over with the recruiter, I was informed this recruiter sent him 25 candidates who ranged from VP level to analyst. I was told the hiring manager didn't know what level he wanted the new hire to be at. I realized anybody at the VP level who has no clue what type of staff he wants should not be at an executive level. I would not enjoy working with a person who cannot make a decision.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K12 (Herndon, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Had a HR phone interview and then a short 1:1 interview. It took a long time for them to get back to me and to give my offer letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was good and I did not negotiate

Senior SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at K12 (Herndon, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Was easy, Management doesn't have skill set to interview. It was just killing time, it is totally based on Director decision. No value for skill set. If you Director or if you are relative to Director you will be hired. No skill are needed. High school drop out can be easily picked by QA management in this company

Enrollment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K12 (Herndon, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of a group panel presentation followed by all candidates being split up to interview with individual recruiters. Those who had references were picked first for interviews. I am fully beginning to realize the large role that office politics plays within this company. It seems that the vast majority of people working there were only hired because they were friends/family/buddies of currently staffed employees. This hiring practice although discriminatory in nature is not illegal but it certainly is bad business ethics and will eventually lead to a high turnover rate. I reviewed many employee profiles on LinkedIn who held the job title that I interviewed for and was consequently disqualified from and my qualifications exceeded over 70% of the applicants who secured the job in both 1) quality of education and 2) relevant work experience. Hiring close friends and family does not diversify the workplace and violates any claim of being an Equal Opportunity Employer. K12 really is managed by amateur, unprofessional employees and it seems more and more evident that employees are not satisfied with how the company is managed. I believe that Corporate should terminate many of those currently staffed in management positions, especially those in the recruiting department.

SQA Engineer, Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K12 (Herndon, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

The HR Representative contacted me via email and set up an interview time with three individuals: A peer (SQA Engineer), a Director, and a Vice President. I was escorted to a conference room and waited a little over 10 minutes for the first person to come in. The director arrived, identified herself as new to the company, described the basic job responsibilities and plan. About 20 minutes later, two Senior SQA analysts joined. I noted that the test case writing standards identified by the director differed from the test case format described by one of the SQA Engineers. The VP did not appear for the interview. The two SQA Engineers ended the interview fairly abruptly as one had a meeting to attend. The next day, I reached out to the HR Representative for feedback and was informed "I will pass along any feedback I receive and will follow up with the lead recruiter for this position". I never heard back from anyone at K12. I get the distinct impression this was a perfunctory interview on K12's part. I am disappointed in the company for wasting my time.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The interview questions asked were to gauge my level of experience with writing test cases, following processes, writing and executing SQL statements, and leading a team.   1 Answer

Enrollment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at K12 (Herndon, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

They basically get who ever they can to interview, and its such a bad experience over all. They seem disconnected. and act like the job is at the bottom of the food chain. They only care if you are young and good for partying after work or to sleep with. Everyone sleeps with everyone including people whoa re married. The environment is disgusting for a family oriented business.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen, like seriously these people are not professional at all. They basically don't care. They hire people based on what they look and if you are young.   1 Answer