KB Home Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KB Home (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Started out with a very sweet and professional recruiter calling for a phone interview. I then, went to their central office and took an aptitude test. Once I passed that, I had to do another phone interview, and then they set me up with an interview with the person who would be the manager of who they were hiring. I drove to the location and was sent home because the person stepped into a meeting even though the planned my interview days in advance. Drove home, (it is a 30 minute drive each way), recruiter called and told me to go back. I get all the way back there and was told to go home again. The recruiter couldn't have been more apologetic. The only thing was, once I finally got to interview with the manager, he wasn't friendly, didn't appear to even want to listen and or ask questions, and never once apologized for not being professional and being there on our planned schedule.

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KB Home (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

When well. took about an hour. Met with with manager who was pleasant. Talked about what they do now and what happened because of the downturn. Said that they are rebuilding the department and splitting off from another Division. Said he was one of the few that was kept on after the series of layoffs. Talked about Purchasing theory and common Purchasing problems.

Interview Questions

• How would I find local subs   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KB Home in July 2015.

Interview

My experience was good, it moved rather quickly from what I heard comparatively to my peers. I was contacted to go in to design studio for an assessment and was called back while driving home to schedule a interview for the following day. I was told in detail during the interview with Gary and Phil who are both district managers about KB HOME and their training program. After about a week, I was called back by Gary and extended a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating , everyone gets paid same for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KB Home (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was recruited by their own company and it was a very quick process. The recruiter interviews you and asks you questions. If they like you, they set up a time to visit a corporate location and take a 60 question skills test. If you pass the recruiter calls you for a recap and a short interview. From there they relay the information to management and see if they would like to do a panel interview. That's as far as I got.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of example questions about sales techniques and situation/open ended things.   Answer Question

Onsite Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KB Home.

Interview

First step was a phone interview w/ recruiter, then took an assessment test, then another short phone interview with the recruiter, the an in person interview with director. Pleasant experience overall

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KB Home (Centennial, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied, 1 week later assessment, 1 week later phone interview that was rescheduled a few hours before, 2 weeks later interview, 1 day later interview with director, 1wk later generic decline email.

Interview Questions

• I really connected with recruiter and loved the hiring manager, but went for "final stamp of approval" with director and that was it. His interviewer skills were terrible and uncomfortable to sit through. After all the successful interviews, I was going against his personal bias and was not reviewed accurately based on my capabilities.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wildomar, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KB Home (Wildomar, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was asked for a resume by a recruiter, then had a Phone Screening a week later, Took Personality & Math Testing (65 questions w/ 10 being word problems) at one of the corporate offices, Had another Phone Screen again the following day after notification of passing the test, Went to a Panel Interview but first had to go visit and inspect a KB sales site, then attend Group a Interview, then two more Face to Face 1:1 Interviews same day.. Yep total of 7 interviews.. Process went fast.. started with about 10 people dwindled down to final 3

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an irate customer in a previous role? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself, who you are, what you've been doing past 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. They offer 2 mos small base salary then it's 100% commission but can take a draw against commission. Commission range is about 1-1.5% of sales price. Can take up to a year for a new home community project to be completed thus long wait for real closings.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KB Home.

Interview

First a one on one conversation with an excellent recruiter was held. She said they Vet all of the applicants and only the very best get past her. Then she called to set up the next interview. Upon arrival for that interview I found there were several potential new hires were bought in at the same time, without being told it was a group interview. There were more "qualified" candidates than places to sit. After a group interview and test, each candidate was called in for a round table interview with the sales director and two sales managers. Then finally an interview with the Area VP.

Interview Questions

• His first words to me before I said anything at all were "When a sales person tells me it sells itself I know they don't know what they're talking about, so tell me really, how do you plan to sell my houses?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KB Home (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

First testing in Westwood Corp office, then a phone interview, then an in person interview. All of this was within one week. Everyone was very nice especially the person I had the face to face interview with. They are a very good company and they let you know exactly what their expectations are which I found very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How many appointments could I generate in a week.   1 Answer

Receptionist/Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KB Home.

Interview

After applying for the position I started talking with a recruiter who set me up with an assessment test at the KB Home location. Upon passing the assessment test I completed a phone interview with the recruiter then had a face to face interview with the VP of Operations. After the face to face interview I met with 3 other people to make sure that I would mesh well with the company. Everyone is extremely nice and personable. The interviews are pretty generic without many tough questions.