KB Home

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.9

Receptionist/Operations Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at KB Home.

After applying for the position I started talking with a recruiter who set me up with an assessment test at the KB Home location. Upon passing the assessment test I completed a phone interview with the recruiter then had a face to face interview with the VP of Operations. After the face to face interview I met with 3 other people to make sure that I would mesh well with the company. Everyone is extremely nice and personable. The interviews are pretty generic without many tough questions.

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

After you submit your resume, you have a phone interview that asks basic questions on experience. If the HR rep likes what they hear, you will be directed to take a test at either the main office or at a community, You are timed on the test. The questions are basic math questions. Once you pass, you will be set up with another phone interview and then a face to face interview.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online – interviewed at KB Home.

I had to take a mini SAT Test before the interview, which I passed. During the interview I answered all questions and asked them what they were looking for in a candidate. They said someone like me. I didn't get an offer for no apparent reason except I am black and everyone who works there is white.

New Home Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KB Home.

I spoke to the recruiter for over 45 mins. She scheduled me for an assessment test the following week. The same day I received an email about scheduling an interview with their HR Department. The interview went well. Waiting for the next step. The questions were real estate related. There were not any that threw me off or were difficult.

Interview Questions
    • There was not any difficult questions. They were all real estate related. They were mainly about my past sales, and how I acquired new business, why I wanted to work there etc.   Answer Question

Land Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wildomar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wildomar, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KB Home.

Recruiter took QB for me and handled most of the interaction between KB management and I.
    Prepare to drive out to different locations to do their assessments and meet with management.

1. Phone call from recruiting department - friendly convo that's more information seeking than an interview.
    2. KB Assessment - your run-of-the-mill Wonderlic test... different topics with questions that become progressively harder. It's designed to assure KB doesn't hire Vince Young (i.e. lowest Wonderlic score ever).
    3. Phone Interview - why do want to work at KB? What can you contribute? Experiences? etc. etc.
    4. KB Management Interview - More intense, prepare to talk in depth about experiences (educational, professional etc.).
    5. Second interview - meeting with more of management

Senior Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at KB Home in September 2013.

Applied online and received a call from an outsourced recruiter. Did a quick resume review/job description and scheduled an onsite assessment. The assessment took about 45 minutes in their office and consisted of reading (ie critical thinking) and math questions. The recruiter had prepped me for the type of questions. I felt it was tougher than other pre-employment assessments I've taken and left questioning if I had passed.
    The recruiter called me 1 day later and told me I had passed and then scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was star type questions and then she told me she would call me to schedule an 1:1 on-site. I was set up for a few days after the phone interview.
    The hiring manager was friendly and his questions were pretty standard about scheduling and abilities. He mentioned the position was slightly different than what I had applied for so I asked him if he thought I would be a good fit and he said very positively that I would. I got a canned rejection letter 2 days later. I emailed the recruiter and asked for feedback. I never received a reply.

Interview Questions
    • What is your professional weakness or area for improvement?   Answer Question
    • Will this salary work with your budget and needs since its a small pay-cut?   View Answer

Land Search Specialist Interview

I was contacted by in house recruiter for the land research specialist position in Wildomar, CA. Recruiter was nice and easy to work with. She asked simple questions regarding my background, former experience, how the position aligns with career goal, and my preferences for work environment. Went in for their computer assessment. Day after I was informed that I would not continue. Test included four different parts. Testing logic, vocabulary, speed, and accuracy.

Interview Questions
    • Test included four different parts. Testing logic, vocabulary, speed, and accuracy.   Answer Question

Forward Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KB Home in June 2013.

Standard Interview Process. I was asked to go over my background, what I am looking for in an employer and my strengths and weaknesses. Like many interviews they were concerned with how well you would fit in with the team. There were not a lot of technical questions. The actual hiring process in lengthy due to corporate approvals, testing and paper work.

Interview Questions
    standard, they asked what I wanted to get paid and presented an offer which I accepted.

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, GA

I applied online – interviewed at KB Home.

We had a very inexperienced hiring manager that practically took anyone with a real estate license.

No negotiation. $ 3000.00/ mo draw against commission. If your sales were not covering the draw out u go.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The interviewer told me that he usually only hires from BYU and BYU-Idaho (so apparently it hurt me that I went to a much higher regarded school). He also talked about his Mormon mission. He then noted that I went to a catholic junior high school, and asked if I was Catholic. I answered yes. I didn’t get the job.