KB Home

Relevance Date Difficulty

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

New Home Sales Consultant

Interviewed at KB Home

Interview Details – After you submit your resume, you have a phone interview that asks basic questions on experience. If the HR rep likes what they hear, you will be directed to take a test at either the main office or at a community, You are timed on the test. The questions are basic math questions. Once you pass, you will be set up with another phone interview and then a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Be yourself and sell yourself   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and interviewed at KB Home.

Interview Details – I had to take a mini SAT Test before the interview, which I passed. During the interview I answered all questions and asked them what they were looking for in a candidate. They said someone like me. I didn't get an offer for no apparent reason except I am black and everyone who works there is white.

New Home Sales Associate Interview

New Home Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at KB Home.

Interview Details – I spoke to the recruiter for over 45 mins. She scheduled me for an assessment test the following week. The same day I received an email about scheduling an interview with their HR Department. The interview went well. Waiting for the next step. The questions were real estate related. There were not any that threw me off or were difficult.

Interview Question – There was not any difficult questions. They were all real estate related. They were mainly about my past sales, and how I acquired new business, why I wanted to work there etc.   Answer Question

Forward Planner Interview

Forward Planner

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at KB Home in June 2013.

Interview Details – Standard Interview Process. I was asked to go over my background, what I am looking for in an employer and my strengths and weaknesses. Like many interviews they were concerned with how well you would fit in with the team. There were not a lot of technical questions. The actual hiring process in lengthy due to corporate approvals, testing and paper work.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – standard, they asked what I wanted to get paid and presented an offer which I accepted.

Superintendent Interview

Superintendent
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at KB Home in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied by submitting resume on line to job posting. Was called in within a week of applying. Had two panel interviews with two people. Was offered job on the spot. Negotiated salary (which wound up being a base salary and hiring bonus).

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer? What did you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was actually in a very good situation. Business was booming and they needed experienced managers. So they were willing to pay more than you could probably get today. I got an offer that wound up being $10K more than I was making at the time.

Manager Interview

Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KB Home in January 2009.

Interview Details – Answered a confidential ad that seemed like a good fit. Was then contacted by a recruiter for an initial phone interview. 2 months later, same recruiter called again to arrange a face-to-face meeting which led to 3 interviews at corporate headquarters. Meet with the VP of Marketing, Sales Associates and again with the VP of Marketing. My 2nd interview also consisted of a "personality" test. Pretty standard fare.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. I was asked what I wanted in salary. I gave a number and it was accepted.

Senior Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Senior Customer Service Coordinator
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KB Home in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call from an outsourced recruiter. Did a quick resume review/job description and scheduled an onsite assessment. The assessment took about 45 minutes in their office and consisted of reading (ie critical thinking) and math questions. The recruiter had prepped me for the type of questions. I felt it was tougher than other pre-employment assessments I've taken and left questioning if I had passed.
The recruiter called me 1 day later and told me I had passed and then scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was star type questions and then she told me she would call me to schedule an 1:1 on-site. I was set up for a few days after the phone interview.
The hiring manager was friendly and his questions were pretty standard about scheduling and abilities. He mentioned the position was slightly different than what I had applied for so I asked him if he thought I would be a good fit and he said very positively that I would. I got a canned rejection letter 2 days later. I emailed the recruiter and asked for feedback. I never received a reply.

Interview Questions

• What is your professional weakness or area for improvement?   Answer Question
  • Will this salary work with your budget and needs since its a small pay-cut?   View Answer

Land Research Specialist Interview

Land Research Specialist
Wildomar, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at KB Home.

Interview Details – Recruiter took QB for me and handled most of the interaction between KB management and I.
Prepare to drive out to different locations to do their assessments and meet with management.

1. Phone call from recruiting department - friendly convo that's more information seeking than an interview.
2. KB Assessment - your run-of-the-mill Wonderlic test... different topics with questions that become progressively harder. It's designed to assure KB doesn't hire Vince Young (i.e. lowest Wonderlic score ever).
3. Phone Interview - why do want to work at KB? What can you contribute? Experiences? etc. etc.
4. KB Management Interview - More intense, prepare to talk in depth about experiences (educational, professional etc.).
5. Second interview - meeting with more of management

Interview Question – Why do want to work here?   Answer Question

Land Search Specialist Interview

Land Search Specialist

Interviewed at KB Home

Interview Details – I was contacted by in house recruiter for the land research specialist position in Wildomar, CA. Recruiter was nice and easy to work with. She asked simple questions regarding my background, former experience, how the position aligns with career goal, and my preferences for work environment. Went in for their computer assessment. Day after I was informed that I would not continue. Test included four different parts. Testing logic, vocabulary, speed, and accuracy.

Interview Question – Test included four different parts. Testing logic, vocabulary, speed, and accuracy.   Answer Question

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

New Home Sales Consultant
Woodstock, GA

I applied online and interviewed at KB Home.

Interview Details – We had a very inexperienced hiring manager that practically took anyone with a real estate license.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $ 3000.00/ mo draw against commission. If your sales were not covering the draw out u go.

Worked for KB Home? Contribute to the Community!