KB Home Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.9

Land Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wildomar, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KB Home (Wildomar, CA).

Interview

Recruiter took QB for me and handled most of the interaction between KB management and I.
    Prepare to drive out to different locations to do their assessments and meet with management.

1. Phone call from recruiting department - friendly convo that's more information seeking than an interview.
    2. KB Assessment - your run-of-the-mill Wonderlic test... different topics with questions that become progressively harder. It's designed to assure KB doesn't hire Vince Young (i.e. lowest Wonderlic score ever).
    3. Phone Interview - why do want to work at KB? What can you contribute? Experiences? etc. etc.
    4. KB Management Interview - More intense, prepare to talk in depth about experiences (educational, professional etc.).
    5. Second interview - meeting with more of management

Senior Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at KB Home (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from an outsourced recruiter. Did a quick resume review/job description and scheduled an onsite assessment. The assessment took about 45 minutes in their office and consisted of reading (ie critical thinking) and math questions. The recruiter had prepped me for the type of questions. I felt it was tougher than other pre-employment assessments I've taken and left questioning if I had passed.
    The recruiter called me 1 day later and told me I had passed and then scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was star type questions and then she told me she would call me to schedule an 1:1 on-site. I was set up for a few days after the phone interview.
    The hiring manager was friendly and his questions were pretty standard about scheduling and abilities. He mentioned the position was slightly different than what I had applied for so I asked him if he thought I would be a good fit and he said very positively that I would. I got a canned rejection letter 2 days later. I emailed the recruiter and asked for feedback. I never received a reply.

Interview Questions

• What is your professional weakness or area for improvement?   Answer Question
    • Will this salary work with your budget and needs since its a small pay-cut?   1 Answer

Interview

I was contacted by in house recruiter for the land research specialist position in Wildomar, CA. Recruiter was nice and easy to work with. She asked simple questions regarding my background, former experience, how the position aligns with career goal, and my preferences for work environment. Went in for their computer assessment. Day after I was informed that I would not continue. Test included four different parts. Testing logic, vocabulary, speed, and accuracy.

Interview Questions

• Test included four different parts. Testing logic, vocabulary, speed, and accuracy.   Answer Question

Forward Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KB Home in June 2013.

Interview

Standard Interview Process. I was asked to go over my background, what I am looking for in an employer and my strengths and weaknesses. Like many interviews they were concerned with how well you would fit in with the team. There were not a lot of technical questions. The actual hiring process in lengthy due to corporate approvals, testing and paper work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

standard, they asked what I wanted to get paid and presented an offer which I accepted.

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KB Home (Denver, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with various levels of Management. Covered different levels of experience in various disciplines within the construction community, my certifications, and the different levels of management I have worked in.

Interview Questions

• Experience, Customer Service skills, Certifications. A lot of talk about the KB Home way of doing business and will I fit in with the business plan.   Answer Question

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KB Home (Woodstock, GA).

Interview

We had a very inexperienced hiring manager that practically took anyone with a real estate license.

Negotiation

No negotiation. $ 3000.00/ mo draw against commission. If your sales were not covering the draw out u go.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Interview

The interviewer told me that he usually only hires from BYU and BYU-Idaho (so apparently it hurt me that I went to a much higher regarded school). He also talked about his Mormon mission. He then noted that I went to a catholic junior high school, and asked if I was Catholic. I answered yes. I didn’t get the job.

New Home Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KB Home (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Called about resume and went in for skills test. Within 2 day got a call for phone interview and then call to meet with manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty set pay 100% commision

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KB Home (Lancaster, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Received a call from recruiter took test IQ test and math test. Interviewed with Sales Manager interview went well so passed on the VP Sales. VP Sales not really a people person didn't ask any questions. I received a call about a week later telling me they were going to pass on me for the position. I guess the VP had the final say so on who he wanted. I had 15 years in this position and several sales awards. I am not sure why he did not like me. Maybe you will have better luck.

Interview Questions

• What would ypou do if you had a problem with your coworker?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KB Home (Houston, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an outside staffing agency who arranged for the first interview. The first interview was conducted in the corporate office with a recruiter who asked me about the jobs on my resume, past experience, etc. I also had to take a written test with math questions and a personality section. After about a week of waiting, I called the recruiter who said that my test scores came back and were great. They then scheduled a second interview during which I met with the sales manager and the human resources manager in a conference room. It was a much more serious interview with questions about my specific responsibilities in the past, why I am interested in this position and how I would respond to customers in given situations. Then, 48 hours later I was called back for a final (3rd) interview with the regional sales manager who asked me to not only talk about past success, but also past failures. He asked about times when I had to deal with an unhappy customer, and much of the interview was focused on finding out what my long term goals and customer service approaches are. He then offered me the position. I later learned that there were a lot of candidates (upward of 50) who were interviewing for the same position. I think of those, less than 10% were hired. The most difficult part of the interview process was waiting between interviews for a call back and not really knowing where you stood.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most recent job. What were your responsibilities there?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to respond to a customer complaint. How did you handle it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating as this is a 100% commission job.