KB Home Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodstock, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, GA

I applied online - interviewed at KB Home.

We had a very inexperienced hiring manager that practically took anyone with a real estate license.

No negotiation. $ 3000.00/ mo draw against commission. If your sales were not covering the draw out u go.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The interviewer told me that he usually only hires from BYU and BYU-Idaho (so apparently it hurt me that I went to a much higher regarded school). He also talked about his Mormon mission. He then noted that I went to a catholic junior high school, and asked if I was Catholic. I answered yes. I didn’t get the job.

New Home Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KB Home in August 2011.

Called about resume and went in for skills test. Within 2 day got a call for phone interview and then call to meet with manager.

Pretty set pay 100% commision

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KB Home in November 2010.

I was initially contacted by an outside staffing agency who arranged for the first interview. The first interview was conducted in the corporate office with a recruiter who asked me about the jobs on my resume, past experience, etc. I also had to take a written test with math questions and a personality section. After about a week of waiting, I called the recruiter who said that my test scores came back and were great. They then scheduled a second interview during which I met with the sales manager and the human resources manager in a conference room. It was a much more serious interview with questions about my specific responsibilities in the past, why I am interested in this position and how I would respond to customers in given situations. Then, 48 hours later I was called back for a final (3rd) interview with the regional sales manager who asked me to not only talk about past success, but also past failures. He asked about times when I had to deal with an unhappy customer, and much of the interview was focused on finding out what my long term goals and customer service approaches are. He then offered me the position. I later learned that there were a lot of candidates (upward of 50) who were interviewing for the same position. I think of those, less than 10% were hired. The most difficult part of the interview process was waiting between interviews for a call back and not really knowing where you stood.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most recent job. What were your responsibilities there?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to respond to a customer complaint. How did you handle it? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating as this is a 100% commission job.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KB Home in March 2011.

Received a call from recruiter took test IQ test and math test. Interviewed with Sales Manager interview went well so passed on the VP Sales. VP Sales not really a people person didn't ask any questions. I received a call about a week later telling me they were going to pass on me for the position. I guess the VP had the final say so on who he wanted. I had 15 years in this position and several sales awards. I am not sure why he did not like me. Maybe you will have better luck.

Interview Questions
    • What would ypou do if you had a problem with your coworker?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KB Home in October 2010.

Applied online and received a call from a KB recruiter to come in and take a skills test. The test consisted of questions like, "would my previous boss say I suceeded his expectations as a sale rep?" The last 10 questions were written math problems with multiple choice answers.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KB Home in February 2008.

First interview was in hotel at hiring conference set up thru recruiter. The interview seemed very informal--more than my other interviews that day. This put me at ease and made the interview go more smoothly. Questions consisted mainly of behavioral questions and questions designed to gauge my interest in the position.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was done through written correspondence. This gave me the opportunity to respond with well thought out questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KB Home in March 2007.

I was called by the staffing agency, who set up an appointment with me for the very next day. I arrived and was asked to fill out a physical application, and escorted to the testing room where I was given a personality test, and skills test. Then I was interviewed by the recruiter, who then passed me to the executive who needed an assistant. They needed to fill the position immediately, so they made a decision right there. It was good not to have to wait around for days. I started the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the home building industry at a time like this? (Mortgage crisis)   Answer Question
    Negotiation was done through the staffing agency- I gave them a salary range and they returned with an offer on the highest end of that range.

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at KB Home in July 2011.

the process begining to end was long and i had to do most of the follow up, after the initial phone interview and passing the written test with flying colors. once i got the 2nd interview with the hiring managers i got called in for 3rd interview w v.p right away.

Interview Questions
    • what was a client issue that happened in the past and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KB Home in April 2011.

My first interview was a phone interview and that was very nice it went very smooth the person doing the interview was a recruiter from another company and she was very friendly. After the phone interview I met with the regional manager and that interview also went smooth more like a conversation. I would reccomend that they dont hype you up into thinking that you have the job when you dont .