KB Home New Home Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KB Home (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was recruited by their own company and it was a very quick process. The recruiter interviews you and asks you questions. If they like you, they set up a time to visit a corporate location and take a 60 question skills test. If you pass the recruiter calls you for a recap and a short interview. From there they relay the information to management and see if they would like to do a panel interview. That's as far as I got.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of example questions about sales techniques and situation/open ended things.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KB Home

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wildomar, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KB Home (Wildomar, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was asked for a resume by a recruiter, then had a Phone Screening a week later, Took Personality & Math Testing (65 questions w/ 10 being word problems) at one of the corporate offices, Had another Phone Screen again the following day after notification of passing the test, Went to a Panel Interview but first had to go visit and inspect a KB sales site, then attend Group a Interview, then two more Face to Face 1:1 Interviews same day.. Yep total of 7 interviews.. Process went fast.. started with about 10 people dwindled down to final 3

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an irate customer in a previous role? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself, who you are, what you've been doing past 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. They offer 2 mos small base salary then it's 100% commission but can take a draw against commission. Commission range is about 1-1.5% of sales price. Can take up to a year for a new home community project to be completed thus long wait for real closings.

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KB Home.

Interview

First a one on one conversation with an excellent recruiter was held. She said they Vet all of the applicants and only the very best get past her. Then she called to set up the next interview. Upon arrival for that interview I found there were several potential new hires were bought in at the same time, without being told it was a group interview. There were more "qualified" candidates than places to sit. After a group interview and test, each candidate was called in for a round table interview with the sales director and two sales managers. Then finally an interview with the Area VP.

Interview Questions

• His first words to me before I said anything at all were "When a sales person tells me it sells itself I know they don't know what they're talking about, so tell me really, how do you plan to sell my houses?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KB Home (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

First testing in Westwood Corp office, then a phone interview, then an in person interview. All of this was within one week. Everyone was very nice especially the person I had the face to face interview with. They are a very good company and they let you know exactly what their expectations are which I found very helpful.

Interview Questions

• How many appointments could I generate in a week.   1 Answer

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

After you submit your resume, you have a phone interview that asks basic questions on experience. If the HR rep likes what they hear, you will be directed to take a test at either the main office or at a community, You are timed on the test. The questions are basic math questions. Once you pass, you will be set up with another phone interview and then a face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KB Home (Woodstock, GA).

Interview

We had a very inexperienced hiring manager that practically took anyone with a real estate license.

Negotiation

No negotiation. $ 3000.00/ mo draw against commission. If your sales were not covering the draw out u go.

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at KB Home in July 2011.

Interview

the process begining to end was long and i had to do most of the follow up, after the initial phone interview and passing the written test with flying colors. once i got the 2nd interview with the hiring managers i got called in for 3rd interview w v.p right away.

Interview Questions

• what was a client issue that happened in the past and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

New Home Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KB Home in April 2011.

Interview

My first interview was a phone interview and that was very nice it went very smooth the person doing the interview was a recruiter from another company and she was very friendly. After the phone interview I met with the regional manager and that interview also went smooth more like a conversation. I would reccomend that they dont hype you up into thinking that you have the job when you dont .