KBC Interview Questions

2.7

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KBC in March 2011.

it is a very straight forward interview, not many questions asked.

Risk Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KBC in July 2014.

Basically, if you already had some few years of work experiences (my case), your application will be treated in the following consequences:
    - CV scanning by HR
    - Interview with business manager
    - Assessment center (as everyone mentioned with full day of assessment).

In the other way around, you will be asked to do online test + interview with HR + do the tests on site again + interview with business manager.

My impression through two interviews with business managers was really really positive. They was sharing, open and did not ask really technical questions at all. However, the process was too long. My 2nd interview as 1 month away from the first interview (excused by the holiday period). And final feedback was another month from the 2nd interview.

The only thing I was not really happy about the process is that they did not give the feedback when I asked for in the end.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KBC.

1. Online IQ tests: number sequences, abstract reasoning, analogies

2. Assessment day: 30min group 'case' (focus on getting a solution but stand up enough for your own ideas, take notes, keep an eye on the time), IQ tests, 1h in-tray exercise, lunch break, 30 min 1-1 HR interview, deliberation, 1h 1-1 case study (be creative, make assumptions outside available data set to show creativity)

3. Line manager interview(s)

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at KBC in May 2014.

A friend of mine referred me for a Business Analysis role in KBC Bank Ireland. A HR administrator contacted me to arrange an interview; I requested a confirmation email to confirm dates, time and interviewer details. After a week with no response, I contacted the admin again for the details.
    On the day of the interview, I was met by the hiring manager and HR recruiter, the interview started 10 minutes later than scheduled.
    The panellist were friendly, good body language and the questions were clear. As the hour was approaching, one of the hiring manager asked 3 rapid questions and wanted quick answers, while answering the questions he cut me short and told me what answers he was looking for. I thought that was unprofessional as I was punctual and he could have clarified what he was looking for when he asked the questions.
    I was told that I would be contacted by the end of the following week, I sent a follow on email nearly 2 weeks after and 4 weeks later there has been no communication from the bank.
    If I am offered a position, I will reject it as I would not work for a company that treats potential employees with little or no respect.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KBC in May 2014.

I applied through their website, and they called me back in 2 weeks to make the appointment. I applied for KBC Group for project management intern. I felt like it was a very unprofessional way to make the interview. I met with my prospective boss and (I suppose) the other person was from the HR. They asked me about my future plans, experiences, so nothing surprising. I didn't feel like I was at an interview, it was more like chatting with some stranger at the bus stop, they started to talk with each other and shared some personal information and actually I started to feel uncomfortable. I think maybe they wanted to create a friendly atmosphere but it was too much. Also when I asked about the daily routine, they emphasized that mostly it is boring and monotone and this is where I started to be unfamiliar with the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing surprising as I said, just like having a conversation with a distant relative.   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online – interviewed at KBC.

The job interview comprises different rounds during a full day session. There are some computerised tests similar to IQ tests, that become more and more difficult. This is to assess your analytical skills. In between tests there are some interviews with recruiters. In addition there are some management exercises such as a group dicussion and a work load management case.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KBC.

Most important aspect is the name of the university you graduated.
    Keeping a moderate profile, not too showing off.
    Speaking dutch will increase chances to receive an offer.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KBC in February 2013.

Very straightforward interview process. Initial interview is with a manager from the HR manager alongside the department manager related to the job role. The interview consisted of a CV review, followed by competency based questions. Second round was online tests, consisting of numerical and verbal reasoning tests.

Interview Questions
    • Related to my experience which didn't entirely match the role.   Answer Question

Offered a position in another firm.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online – interviewed at KBC in August 2012.

I applied online for a trainee position to K&H bank in Hungary wich is a subsidiary of KBC.
    Interview:
    Standard questions about my studies and future plans and how much hours could I work. Then they talked about what would be my task. Nothing special.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any difficult question, just the standard stuff.   Answer Question

Open Solliciation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at KBC in October 2011.

Firstly I was invited to do three cognitive tests at home: An numerical test, a logical test and a verbal test. (Not very difficult.)
    After completing the test I received a mail inviting me to call HR to make an appointment for an assessment center. This part was at the groups' headquarters in Brussels.
    It consisted of : 1/ Redoing the 3 test partially. 2/ a group exercise: a business case -- lunch-- 3/ 1:1 interview of about 1h.

Of the 5 candidates, 2 were asked to stay and the other 3 got feedback of why they weren't selected.
    The 2 successful candidates are invited to go in the last stage of the day, to do a presentation(for commercial functions) or a panel interview. If they pass it successfully they will be invited for a interview with a manager of the desired division, who will have the final call of offering them a contract.

The assessment day was well-organized, reception was very friendly.

Some advice for people going to the assessment center and want to pass it.
    -Don't be omnipresent in the group exercise. Give everybody the time to express his/her ideas. (which can be pretty frustrating if the others have no economical/business background and don't understand the working of a company) I got the feedback I was going to fast and needed to give more time to others to think.
    -Don't be to ambitious. I have the impression KBC is looking for "grijze muizen". People who do there job well, but not with the ambition of becoming CEO(exaggeration;)).
    - Flemish identity. If you think Flanders is the center of your universe go to KBC. I know the KBC group is present in other parts of the world, but the KBC bank (not CBC) has the typical Flemish mentality. If you feel more international, go to another bank (but go to KBC at first to experience an assessment center ;-))
    - Stay calm at the 1:1 interview, although the other interviewers were very friendly, mine was not. Trying to see how far she could go. ( probably a test, well executed)
    - Have a clear path you want to achieve. Which is pretty difficult for recent grads.

My feeling about my day:
    I had a good day and learned how not to survive an assessment center.
    I got an honest feedback, got some points I need to ameliorate and learned KBC is not a company I want to work for.

Good luck guys

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How are you going to achieve this?
      Why investment banking?