KBC

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KBC in March 2011.

it is a very straight forward interview, not many questions asked.

Junior Risk Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KBC in November 2014.

As it was explained in detail, there will be (after they have screened your cv) online tests first. Afterwards you will be invited for a interview with the manager (which was a pleasant experience, the managers are warm and friendly). If all goes well, you'll have to withstand a day in the assessment which consists of the following: in tray exercise, business case, interview with HR, verification of online tests.

In overall, it was a very interesting experience, the good thing is that they work according the waterfall method (meaning: they select only one person for the assessment, if he/she fails the second on the list gets the opportunity etc.). What left a very good impression on me was the hospitality and warmness of the organisation in a professional way. The only downside I can say about the process is that it takes some time, you have to be patient for some months.

Junior Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KBC in July 2014.

Initial communication was very confusing. The recruiting page of their website didn't function properly at the time when I applicated. Eventually after three or four weeks my application was processed and I was sent an online test (sort of an IQ-test). Later I had a telephone conversation with two different recruiters, the first was quite general (asked me all the information which could be found on my CV, sometimes skipping to different languages), the second recruiter asked questions about my master-thesis (which was relevant to the position) and my indept questions about my previous risk-related work during a summer internship.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining my academic work on regulatory compliance of financial companies.   Answer Question
    • Why I found risk management to be important.   Answer Question

I didn't feel comforatable with the recruitement process. Also the offer was well below other offers I recieved.

Risk Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KBC in July 2014.

Basically, if you already had some few years of work experiences (my case), your application will be treated in the following consequences:
    - CV scanning by HR
    - Interview with business manager
    - Assessment center (as everyone mentioned with full day of assessment).

In the other way around, you will be asked to do online test + interview with HR + do the tests on site again + interview with business manager.

My impression through two interviews with business managers was really really positive. They was sharing, open and did not ask really technical questions at all. However, the process was too long. My 2nd interview as 1 month away from the first interview (excused by the holiday period). And final feedback was another month from the 2nd interview.

The only thing I was not really happy about the process is that they did not give the feedback when I asked for in the end.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KBC.

1. Online IQ tests: number sequences, abstract reasoning, analogies

2. Assessment day: 30min group 'case' (focus on getting a solution but stand up enough for your own ideas, take notes, keep an eye on the time), IQ tests, 1h in-tray exercise, lunch break, 30 min 1-1 HR interview, deliberation, 1h 1-1 case study (be creative, make assumptions outside available data set to show creativity)

3. Line manager interview(s)

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at KBC in May 2014.

A friend of mine referred me for a Business Analysis role in KBC Bank Ireland. A HR administrator contacted me to arrange an interview; I requested a confirmation email to confirm dates, time and interviewer details. After a week with no response, I contacted the admin again for the details.
    On the day of the interview, I was met by the hiring manager and HR recruiter, the interview started 10 minutes later than scheduled.
    The panellist were friendly, good body language and the questions were clear. As the hour was approaching, one of the hiring manager asked 3 rapid questions and wanted quick answers, while answering the questions he cut me short and told me what answers he was looking for. I thought that was unprofessional as I was punctual and he could have clarified what he was looking for when he asked the questions.
    I was told that I would be contacted by the end of the following week, I sent a follow on email nearly 2 weeks after and 4 weeks later there has been no communication from the bank.
    If I am offered a position, I will reject it as I would not work for a company that treats potential employees with little or no respect.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KBC in May 2014.

I applied through their website, and they called me back in 2 weeks to make the appointment. I applied for KBC Group for project management intern. I felt like it was a very unprofessional way to make the interview. I met with my prospective boss and (I suppose) the other person was from the HR. They asked me about my future plans, experiences, so nothing surprising. I didn't feel like I was at an interview, it was more like chatting with some stranger at the bus stop, they started to talk with each other and shared some personal information and actually I started to feel uncomfortable. I think maybe they wanted to create a friendly atmosphere but it was too much. Also when I asked about the daily routine, they emphasized that mostly it is boring and monotone and this is where I started to be unfamiliar with the position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing surprising as I said, just like having a conversation with a distant relative.   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online – interviewed at KBC.

The job interview comprises different rounds during a full day session. There are some computerised tests similar to IQ tests, that become more and more difficult. This is to assess your analytical skills. In between tests there are some interviews with recruiters. In addition there are some management exercises such as a group dicussion and a work load management case.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KBC.

Most important aspect is the name of the university you graduated.
    Keeping a moderate profile, not too showing off.
    Speaking dutch will increase chances to receive an offer.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KBC in February 2013.

Very straightforward interview process. Initial interview is with a manager from the HR manager alongside the department manager related to the job role. The interview consisted of a CV review, followed by competency based questions. Second round was online tests, consisting of numerical and verbal reasoning tests.

Interview Questions
    • Related to my experience which didn't entirely match the role.   Answer Question

Offered a position in another firm.