KBR

28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accountant Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at KBR in August 2013.

Interview Details – Planning was very easy. The recruiter was very helpful and responsive to emails. The interview itself was intimidating at first but when you get comfortable you realize that everyone is very "down to earth" and willing to help you pursue your career goals.

Interview Question – Explain your process for structuring a construction project, in terms of accounting.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Professional- Mechanical Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KBR in December 2013.

Interview Details – I'd applied for the job through their website. A month afterwards I got a call inviting me for the interview the following week where they covered the flight and limo expenses. I interviewed with 3 members of the static group individually (I believe there were: a technician, the principal engineer, and somebody even higher in that group). All interviews were very "informal" I should say. They wanted to know a little bit more about my background, so I told them; and I basically ended up asking most of the questions which they were more than willing to answer them. I honestly thought I was going to end up being super intimated, but fortunately that was not the case. It was like having a conversation with professionals in the same field. So overall, best interview I've had thus far!
PS: Got an offer a few months after the interview.

Associate Technical Professional - Process Interview

Associate Technical Professional - Process
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at KBR.

Interview Details – Got hired at Open house. Very well organized. Interviewed with a couple of folks from peers to senior management

Interview Question – None. They asked questions about my experience and background   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at KBR in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was short, concise, and to the point.

Interview Question – What was the actual location of the job and what was invloved in doing it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The job was a government paid salary and the amount was set.

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Control Systems Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KBR in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through university job board. Questions were mainly behavioral. A few decision making and competency questions were asked.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? Tell me about yourself, etc.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Coordinator Interview

Operations Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KBR.

Interview Details – Was very simple, after initiating contact with a recruiter. They were very professional and helpful throughout the induction process.

Negotiation Details – Position was for a government contract. Job specifications were fixed. No negotiation was possible.

Associate Technical Professional - Process Interview

Associate Technical Professional - Process
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KBR in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview- Behavorial questions and mostly interviewer wanted to know if the candidate is knowledgeble

After phone interview, on-site...

Interview Question – the project that you most enjoyed and least enjoyed   Answer Question

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at KBR in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was recruited at an on-campus internship fair, and called shortly after by a recruiter for KBR. The phone interview was very informal, and was mostly a getting to know you and a Q&A. I was invited to interview that their office a week later, and the interview was mostly behavioral questions to see whether you would fit in with the team there. Very relaxed and enjoyable interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to solve a difficult problem   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation. Hourly wage as an intern is above industry average.

Wastewater Lead Tech Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KBR.

Interview Details – initial phone interview, Houston Interview, Physical test, interview and processing.

Interview Question – Don't remember having a problem with questioning.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – base pay and benefits.

Food Service Lead Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at KBR.

Interview Details – They are fast to call as I was still on my computer typing the application when the phone rang. They asked me if I had time to answer some questions. After 4 questions I was hired and have worked in several countries for them now.

Interview Question – Tell me a little about yourself & Can you fly to Texas in 2 days for training?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They do have several jobs in several countries. The $ is set but if you talk to them about other locations (pay differs by country however) or later start dates that can be done.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for KBR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KBR interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by KBR employees and interview candidates.