KBR Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.5

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at KBR in January 2010.

I had one all day on-site interview. They arranged and paid for my hotel room the night before. All the people with which I interviewed were very pleasant, very willing to answer questions, and seemed genuinely interested in seeing whether it would be a mutual fit. Several that had been with the company for decades were very open about discussing the transitions and changes the company had endured in its various forms.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

The pay they were able to offer for that particular group was not appropriate for my experience and education level. (They knew this when making the offer and told me so.)

Senior Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at KBR in September 2010.

Develop, review, and recommend on new or improved welding and administrative procedures and documents. Manage welding functions including order entry review, quality review of proposals, and bids. Establish welding and NDE requirements for equipment and piping. Analyze weld rejection rates and suggest ways to improve and lower rejection rates. Develop and control specifications for welding and non-destructive examination. Establish priorities, assigns workloads, and review the more difficult and complex assignments. Interpret contract provisions and review contracts for accuracy and changes prior to execution. Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes.

Interview Questions
    KBR needed a contract employee and I stood firm for a full time employee with all the benefits, longer vacation, and higher wages.

Senior Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KBR in July 2010.

I was hired through a recruiter in Houston. I called him like clockwork every monday morning at the same time. He got to know me because of my persistence and the second a job fitting my skills became available i was called back; and offered the position. I accepted signed all my documents was headed for Houston the next week

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of any difficult or unexpected questions per say; but since I was going to be working in a combat zone there were several question regarding tattoos, scars or any other identifying marks should I be killed   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was a year contract with a base monthly pay combined with a hazardous duty uplift. The contract was automatically extendable at the each of each year basically for as long as Operation Iraqi Freedom was ongoing or as long as I wanted to remain employed.

Materials Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KBR.

They have a good and respectful and fair hiring practice and good interview. They tell you everything you need to know about the position and place of employment or country and I found their salary offers good.
    You should be expected to know your field of expertise and have all your papers in order such as licenses and passport and background and employment information.

Interview Questions
    • asking if I could work in extreme and dangerous environment.   View Answer
    They offered me a great salary and I said yes

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at KBR in August 2013.

Planning was very easy. The recruiter was very helpful and responsive to emails. The interview itself was intimidating at first but when you get comfortable you realize that everyone is very "down to earth" and willing to help you pursue your career goals.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your process for structuring a construction project, in terms of accounting.   Answer Question

Technical Professional- Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KBR in December 2013.

I'd applied for the job through their website. A month afterwards I got a call inviting me for the interview the following week where they covered the flight and limo expenses. I interviewed with 3 members of the static group individually (I believe there were: a technician, the principal engineer, and somebody even higher in that group). All interviews were very "informal" I should say. They wanted to know a little bit more about my background, so I told them; and I basically ended up asking most of the questions which they were more than willing to answer them. I honestly thought I was going to end up being super intimated, but fortunately that was not the case. It was like having a conversation with professionals in the same field. So overall, best interview I've had thus far!
    PS: Got an offer a few months after the interview.

Billeting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at KBR.

The hiring and interview process is extremely tedious. Due to the lack of jobs available, it is likely that you will never hear from them. You submit your application on their website and try to keep in touch with them.

Associate Technical Professional - Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at KBR.

Got hired at Open house. Very well organized. Interviewed with a couple of folks from peers to senior management

Interview Questions
    • None. They asked questions about my experience and background   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at KBR in December 2010.

The interview process was short, concise, and to the point.

Interview Questions
    • What was the actual location of the job and what was invloved in doing it?   Answer Question
    The job was a government paid salary and the amount was set.

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at KBR in February 2014.

Applied through university job board. Questions were mainly behavioral. A few decision making and competency questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Worked for KBR? Contribute to the Community!