KBR Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.5

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at KBR (Houston, TX).

Interview

Normal interview process. I applied online and they called me 10 days later. The phone interview was to get to know each other, nothing serious.They got back to me two weeks later and I did not get the offer .

Construction Superintendent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at KBR.

Interview

Sat down with hiring mgr for lunch and he interviewed me. He questioned me on my education, background, and experience. He didn't ask too may specific questions about qualifications. Really discussed the requirements of the job which I told him I was more than capable of fulfilling

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made an offer which I accepted. I didn't' try to negotiate the deal.

E & I Tech Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at KBR.

Interview

Got a call from HR and set up interview. Casual setting and mostly covered the technical side of the job and safety issues as well as some regarding OSHA rules and regs and some about former employment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for KBR?   1 Answer

Interior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KBR.

Interview

first time i ever had a group interview and the questions were more for personality and management type positions. it felt more like a game show due to the fact they were interviewing six people at a time and the answers were limited to time due to the fact they had only one hour for the six people. Also at the very end they ask salary requirements verbally so everyone had to tell them what salary they were expected to be paid.

Acoustic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

There are two parts. The first part is the manager's interview. He first described about the group and then asked me some question about fan noise, pipe noise and valves. Then let me describe my work. The manager did not look at my resume. The second part is the Senior's interview. He looked carefully at my resume and asked some relative questions which are not difficult.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KBR.

Interview

Interview was with numerous KBR staff with detailed questions, related to mechanical equipment, etc. and questions related to rotating equipment. Many questions related to field of study and college related courses, etc.

Interview Questions

• Interview was with numerous KBR staff with detailed questions, related to mechanical equipment, etc.   Answer Question

I Was A Pipe Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pass Christian, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KBR (Pass Christian, MS) in January 2015.

Interview

weld test 2 week background check hire in. if you want to know more you can contact me in person i wouldn't think a multimillion dollar company would be so poorly managed but, that kind of leadership is everywhere i guess . this was by far the most incest place i ever worked

Food Service Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at KBR.

Interview

Phone interview regarding skills and experience. Hiring decision was made within 2 days based on my experience.Then there is extensive background and security check forms necessary. Police reports etc. They are very thorough with this process, which can take months for approval. Expenses are paid for transport to training and medical vetting. Then it's off to your work site wherever it may be. Overall wonderful experience once you pass the red tape.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. Beware of embellished lifestyle and perks on the job, promised by recruiters.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer is what it is. Accept or don't.

Career Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KBR (Shawnee, OK) in October 2014.

Interview

Process was a couple of weeks. You had to complete a interest profile in ordered to be considered. The interest profile carries a lot of weight on moving on in the interview process.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at KBR (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Extremely long process, 4 months from employee referral to decline. was told that if I wanted the position, it was mine, and to let the interviewer know within a few days if I wanted the position. I did just that, waited 3 days and confirmed that I wanted the position. 2 months later, after I had put my job search on hold, was told that I was still being looked at, and to "keep in touch". Left a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't really know if I would want to work for someone like that. I could understand if it was a "we'll call you" or something like that, but to blatantly say that if I want the position, that I could have it, and then two months later say I hadn't been forgotten and was still being looked at? Really?

Interview Questions

• There weren't many questions past clarifying my resume. He literally said that my resume was what he was looking for and didn't try any stereotypical "what's your biggest weakness" etc questions   1 Answer

Didn't seem like the right place to work, I had already accepted another position. They snoozed, and lost.