KBR

Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KBR in January 2010.

Interview Details – I had one all day on-site interview. They arranged and paid for my hotel room the night before. All the people with which I interviewed were very pleasant, very willing to answer questions, and seemed genuinely interested in seeing whether it would be a mutual fit. Several that had been with the company for decades were very open about discussing the transitions and changes the company had endured in its various forms.

Interview Question – No questions were particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay they were able to offer for that particular group was not appropriate for my experience and education level. (They knew this when making the offer and told me so.)

Associate Offshore Structural Engineer Interview

Associate Offshore Structural Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KBR in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed by a senior engineer. Started with self introduction, then went through resume. Asked to give examples of FEA experience, say what kind of loads specified... Then asked about my career goal, and leadership experience and how I got job done. Lastly, given time to ask questions about job position, company, and so on.

Interview Question – Give an example of projects where I showed leadership.   Answer Question

Senior Welding Engineer Interview

Senior Welding Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at KBR in September 2010.

Interview Details – Develop, review, and recommend on new or improved welding and administrative procedures and documents. Manage welding functions including order entry review, quality review of proposals, and bids. Establish welding and NDE requirements for equipment and piping. Analyze weld rejection rates and suggest ways to improve and lower rejection rates. Develop and control specifications for welding and non-destructive examination. Establish priorities, assigns workloads, and review the more difficult and complex assignments. Interpret contract provisions and review contracts for accuracy and changes prior to execution. Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes.

Interview Question – How much are you making right now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – KBR needed a contract employee and I stood firm for a full time employee with all the benefits, longer vacation, and higher wages.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Logistics Coordinator Interview

Senior Logistics Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KBR in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired through a recruiter in Houston. I called him like clockwork every monday morning at the same time. He got to know me because of my persistence and the second a job fitting my skills became available i was called back; and offered the position. I accepted signed all my documents was headed for Houston the next week

Interview Question – I can't think of any difficult or unexpected questions per say; but since I was going to be working in a combat zone there were several question regarding tattoos, scars or any other identifying marks should I be killed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a year contract with a base monthly pay combined with a hazardous duty uplift. The contract was automatically extendable at the each of each year basically for as long as Operation Iraqi Freedom was ongoing or as long as I wanted to remain employed.

Very Easy Interview

Materials Control Specialist Interview

Materials Control Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KBR.

Interview Details – They have a good and respectful and fair hiring practice and good interview. They tell you everything you need to know about the position and place of employment or country and I found their salary offers good.
You should be expected to know your field of expertise and have all your papers in order such as licenses and passport and background and employment information.

Interview Question – asking if I could work in extreme and dangerous environment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me a great salary and I said yes

Senior Technical Professional-mechanical Interview

Senior Technical Professional-mechanical

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at KBR in October 2013.

Interview Details – very illustrative, good questions, easy going and generally typical interview of what one do in their current job, and explain your level of expertise. Better to get a referral , it makes it easier to have chances of getting hired

Interview Question – Not really, questions are very general and their industry oriented   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I loved my place

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Morrisville, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KBR in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had three interviews before I was selected.

Interview Question – There were some behavioral questions   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at KBR in August 2013.

Interview Details – Planning was very easy. The recruiter was very helpful and responsive to emails. The interview itself was intimidating at first but when you get comfortable you realize that everyone is very "down to earth" and willing to help you pursue your career goals.

Interview Question – Explain your process for structuring a construction project, in terms of accounting.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Professional- Mechanical Interview

Technical Professional- Mechanical
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KBR in December 2013.

Interview Details – I'd applied for the job through their website. A month afterwards I got a call inviting me for the interview the following week where they covered the flight and limo expenses. I interviewed with 3 members of the static group individually (I believe there were: a technician, the principal engineer, and somebody even higher in that group). All interviews were very "informal" I should say. They wanted to know a little bit more about my background, so I told them; and I basically ended up asking most of the questions which they were more than willing to answer them. I honestly thought I was going to end up being super intimated, but fortunately that was not the case. It was like having a conversation with professionals in the same field. So overall, best interview I've had thus far!
PS: Got an offer a few months after the interview.

Assistant Fire Chief Interview

Assistant Fire Chief

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KBR.

Interview Details – Easy processing and screening.

Worked for KBR? Contribute to the Community!