KBR Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.4

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at KBR in July 2014.

Extremely long process, 4 months from employee referral to decline. was told that if I wanted the position, it was mine, and to let the interviewer know within a few days if I wanted the position. I did just that, waited 3 days and confirmed that I wanted the position. 2 months later, after I had put my job search on hold, was told that I was still being looked at, and to "keep in touch". Left a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't really know if I would want to work for someone like that. I could understand if it was a "we'll call you" or something like that, but to blatantly say that if I want the position, that I could have it, and then two months later say I hadn't been forgotten and was still being looked at? Really?

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many questions past clarifying my resume. He literally said that my resume was what he was looking for and didn't try any stereotypical "what's your biggest weakness" etc questions   View Answer

Didn't seem like the right place to work, I had already accepted another position. They snoozed, and lost.

Materials Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KBR.

They have a good and respectful and fair hiring practice and good interview. They tell you everything you need to know about the position and place of employment or country and I found their salary offers good.
    You should be expected to know your field of expertise and have all your papers in order such as licenses and passport and background and employment information.

Interview Questions
    • asking if I could work in extreme and dangerous environment.   View Answer
    They offered me a great salary and I said yes

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KBR in April 2014.

I had three interviews before I was selected.

Billeting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at KBR.

The hiring and interview process is extremely tedious. Due to the lack of jobs available, it is likely that you will never hear from them. You submit your application on their website and try to keep in touch with them.

Assistant Fire Chief Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KBR.

Easy processing and screening.

Associate Technical Professional - Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at KBR.

Got hired at Open house. Very well organized. Interviewed with a couple of folks from peers to senior management

Interview Questions
    • None. They asked questions about my experience and background   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KBR.

Was very simple, after initiating contact with a recruiter. They were very professional and helpful throughout the induction process.

Position was for a government contract. Job specifications were fixed. No negotiation was possible.

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KBR in February 2014.

Applied through university job board. Questions were mainly behavioral. A few decision making and competency questions were asked.

Associate Offshore Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Interviewed by a senior engineer. Started with self introduction, then went through resume. Asked to give examples of FEA experience, say what kind of loads specified... Then asked about my career goal, and leadership experience and how I got job done. Lastly, given time to ask questions about job position, company, and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of projects where I showed leadership.   Answer Question

Technical Professional- Mechanical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at KBR in December 2013.

I'd applied for the job through their website. A month afterwards I got a call inviting me for the interview the following week where they covered the flight and limo expenses. I interviewed with 3 members of the static group individually (I believe there were: a technician, the principal engineer, and somebody even higher in that group). All interviews were very "informal" I should say. They wanted to know a little bit more about my background, so I told them; and I basically ended up asking most of the questions which they were more than willing to answer them. I honestly thought I was going to end up being super intimated, but fortunately that was not the case. It was like having a conversation with professionals in the same field. So overall, best interview I've had thus far!
    PS: Got an offer a few months after the interview.