KCI Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015
Updated Apr 7, 2015

Clinical Safety Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KCI.

Interview

Hiring process took 1 month. There was phone contact from the HR then in person interview. I heard from the employer after a month of interview. Hiring process is very straight forward however it is slow and need patience from applicant's side.

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate much as the salary offer was pretty good to begin with. However, later I learned that I could have asked more. There was room for higher pay rate.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at KCI.

Interview

overall a very good experience - met with regional manager after my customer referred me to them, then interviewed with district manager in his district. soon after interviewing and hiring the manager quit - happens often. normal questioning. travelled to district manager to interview...

Interview Questions

• if you were an animal what animal would you be? jk   1 Answer

Negotiation

would not allow signing bonus although i was leaving position in which i was to receive a bonus in 4 months

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

A very normal process; started with a phone interview, then a visit to facility for a face to face interview, a second face to face interview, and a written offer. Went to negotiation and then acceptance of offer.

Payer Relations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KCI.

Interview

One phone interview; two office interviews - one with the director and one with a supervisor. Not very intensive and did not prove to fully describe the depth of the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KCI (San Antonio, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The group operating the project management office is new and does not seem to have a well defined interview process. The first interview was with the senior director. He was forthcoming on the needs of the company and was mostly concerned about whether I could fit the position.

The second interview was with separate multiple team members. Each was clear on the mission. However, the description from each was inconsistent, especially about the culture of the organization.

This organization is clearly in transition. However, there does not seem to be a clear vision.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle obtaining an estimate from a business stakeholder when you have a deadline approaching?   1 Answer

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KCI (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

the Interview Process is very detailed as to the type of work you have previously done.
    for me it was no problem as I had worked as a Temp for them the previous year (2001) so they new my ability to learn new software on the fly.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KCI (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

I am very disappointed with their interview process. The negative reviews on Glassdoor are spot on. The person conducting the interview (outsource to DDI) was extremely impersonal, rude, & condescending. Really, 45 minutes of situational questions (after a screen interview) for a seasoned med device/equipment rep w/ mgmt experience?!?! Don't you usually do that for entry-level candidates? What's with the block of time I need to set aside (interview was at 2:00, but said to be available from 1:30-2:30)? Is this comcast? Just about every review I read said it was a long drawn out process that takes weeks/months (sometimes close to a year). Then after all that, they're going to fly you out for a final interview (we'll even pay for it!)? I thought KCI was all about reducing their carbon footprint? Ever heard of Skype or having the hiring mgr set foot in the territory (should be a good indicator of the support you'll get)? Why not take a little bit of time to learn about prospective candidate’s skills, background, & experience to see what they bring to the table & if it is a potential fit? Interviews should be give & take & anyone can answer a question using the STAR technique! I personally cut the interview short after she confirmed the entire 45 mins was going to be situational questions (no answer was good enough, she'd just rephrase her underlying objections again and again). I have no interest in working for an organization like this! Honest to God, one of the questions was, "tell me about the most logical, constructive conversation you ever had to persuade a potential customer". Like anyone remembers something like that or thinks in those terms. Anyone with half a brain tries to make every conversation with a prospect be logical, constructive, & persuasive! Keep pushing people's buttons/making them jump through hoops-it's clearly working for your company (let's rapidly expand our sales force after massive layoffs)-WAFJ! Solid itinerary too, they don't even tell you who you're going to be interviewing with or provide a job description (you'll have to dig that up yourself).

Interview Questions

• 45 mins of situational questions in which no answer was good enough. She would just rephrase with objection after objection. Honest to God, one of the questions was, "tell me about the most logical, constructive conversation you ever had to persuade a potential customer".   1 Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at KCI.

Interview

Application process was very slow as was the hiring process. I waited 6 months after submitting application before they interviewed for the position. Then it took about 6 weeks before all of the background checks and drug tests were cleared to hire.

Interview Questions

• The personality test was the most difficult in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the wage somewhat. It was really nice because the benefits began day one so you don't have to wait the usual 30-90 days before you are insured.

Territory Representative/Central IL, Eastern IA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at KCI (Davenport, IA) in September 2013.

Interview

This particular District Manager and I had prior email & phone communication for some 10 months prior to finally being invited to interview. I drove 190 miles roundtrip to meet her in good faith. From virtually the moment I sat down to the moment a departed-- a mere 44 minutes later--I encountered the following:

1. She was not at all prepared for the interview, nor did she take the time to adequately review my credentials.

2. I was extremely prepared, had throroughly researched the company and the position and submitted a 90-day plan which she didn't even review while I was there.

3. This manager was distant, impersonal and not all that receptive to anything pertinent I had to say.

4. Upon detailing my experience with the nation's largest institutional pharmacy company to the LTC industry, the core market for V.A.C. sales, she claimed she had never heard of them. I found this nothing short of incredible.

5. While well-qualfied for the position, I found her personal treatment of me during the interview to be the aboslute worst I've ever experienced.

Within 24 hrs of interview, I emailed a thank you note, expessed my desire to move forward.

Upon 2 weeks after interview, I emailed her a follow-up, reaffirmed interest and asked where things presently stood. No reply.

Upon 4 weeks after interview, I emailed her a follow-up, reaffirmed interest and asked if I was still being seriously considered. No reply.

I will be directing further communication to both the President/CEO as well as the Senior VP of Human Resources of this organization.

Territory Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KCI (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

Was initially contacted by phone by a HR representative for pre-screening, followed by in-person interviews with the district manager, regional manager, and then the district manager again along with a member of the sales team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your job experience and how it relates to this position.   Answer Question