KFC

Very Difficult Interview

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Manchester, NH

I interviewed at KFC in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied in-person and was called back the very next day for an interview the very same day. Showed up and never got an interview. A complete waste of my time.

Interview Question – Never got the interview. Was stood up. Kept calling back to follow up and get the interview I deserve. Manager said he'd call me back each time and never did. Too unprofessional.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Palm Springs, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at KFC in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied and got called for an interview within 2 days. Had an interview and was offered a position. The whole process took less then a week. There was an interview with the assistant manager and one with the general manager. There was also a walk through the resturant and what the duties would be.

Interview Question – What can you bring to our team?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – other offers

Cashier/Prep Food/Drive Thru Interview

Cashier/Prep Food/Drive Thru

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at KFC.

Interview Details – Based on an employee referral and knowing the manager of the establishment in my area, the hiring/interviewing process was almost non-existent. I applied in person on May 08, 2009; interviewed around 11:00 am May 09, 2009, was hired on the spot, and began training at 11:30 am May 09, 2009. My first real day on the job was May 13, 2009. I believe the delay was due to a background check that the company required.

Interview Question – Is this going to be a summer job only, or would you like to advance within the Yum organization?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase for me was easier since I only negotiated my hours for working.

RGM (Restaurant General Manager) Interview

RGM (Restaurant General Manager)
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KFC in April 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume through a job search website I was contacted by a member of upper management. I had a phone screening asking about past job experience and degrees and then I was scheduled for my first face-to-face interview with that same person. The interview went very well. They answered all my questions and informed me of the company's expectations and the type of opportunities and bonuses I could look forward to as long as I met my performance goals. I was contacted a week later to interview with the district manager and that went well also. It was a pleasant experience more questions about my past experiences in regards to customer service sales and leadership. I was contact to take part in a walk-thru at a KFC location just to get a general idea of what my daily responsibilities would consist of. The manager was very pleasant and helpful, making more excited about the possibility of becoming apart of the franchise. I was contacted the next day by the district manager with an offer contingent on my drug test and background check, which I accepted but later negotiated. I am currently waiting on the official offer to arrive, which I will definitely be accepting.

Interview Question – Asking for proof of my previous salary was a bit unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You are definitely able to negotiate but you must be able to provide proof as to why you should be offered more.

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Vinton, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at KFC in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was simply asked to come in by a General Manager. When I came in on the specified day and time, I was given a background check, a shirt and hat, and my schedule. I was recommended by a now former district favorite and the General Manager liked me upon meeting.

Interview Question – "Can you count to twenty? Can you do basic division?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I started 25 cents above minimum wage, which was slightly unheard of.

Cleaning Captain Interview

Cleaning Captain

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KFC.

Interview Details – All the managers that interviewed were respectful but also fun-loving. They made me feel very comfortable and part of the team.

Negotiation Details – Very fast and comfortable.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KFC.

Interview Details – One interview, in store with manager, got hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at KFC in June 2013.

Interview Details – Easy questions that demonstrate knowledge of everyday life and work environment and ethics

Interview Question – Many vague questions that don't have an obvious answer.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member

Interviewed at KFC

Interview Details – It was an open interview and I was the first out of 3 people. I signed my name few minutes later they asked me questions. Guy was cool but I sucked since it was my first interview ever.

Interview Question – none were unexpected but I was so nervous I screwed up and wasn't answering them how I should've answered them.   Answer Question

Crew Interview

Crew

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KFC.

Interview Details – Very easy interview and would hire almost anyone. Only 4 Questions.

Interview Question – Just ask "What would you do in this situation" questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non- negotiable

Worked for KFC? Contribute to the Community!