KFC Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.1

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at KFC.

The hiring and interview process was polite and formal. The questions however were juvenile. Very simple and clear. I liked that there was no strings involved and we were able to get through it. I also enjoyed that they only do 1 on 1 interviews and not group.

N/A

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at KFC.

The whole process was easy and quick no drug tests and no background checks. The biggest thing was what days of the week you were available to work. On your first day they make you sit through a boring intro into the company and than another video of what they expect from you and what they want you to become in front of customers

Not worth pay to become manager

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KFC.

The hiring process was actually extremely professional throughout the entirety. I went into the store with my resume, which I believe is the best way to get an interview here (and I've heard the same). The manager scheduled the interview for the very next day and then we started the training process the next day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you expect when walking into a fast-food restaurant?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at KFC.

One on one interview with the manager. They will ask you questions based upon your ability to handle stressful situations - which there will be if you are hired. Focus on your ability to power through high-traffic times.

Interview Questions
    • I got asked about experience working cooking equipment or if I would be willing to, which was unexpected as I was applying as a cashier / team member. Go ahead and say yes if you're up to it because employees that can work any station get the most hours.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

interviewed at KFC in June 2014.

Applied in-person and was called back the very next day for an interview the very same day. Showed up and never got an interview. A complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Never got the interview. Was stood up. Kept calling back to follow up and get the interview I deserve. Manager said he'd call me back each time and never did. Too unprofessional.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Charleston, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at KFC in June 2014.

I felt right at home, talked to GM like I was talking to one of my friend! That comfortable..... He did not make my nerve or scared one bit, he asked the regular question that suppose to be asked at an interview. I was honest and straight forward with him and he gave me a chance to prove I am worth to change to be apart of a wonderful team.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at KFC in June 2014.

Applied and got called for an interview within 2 days. Had an interview and was offered a position. The whole process took less then a week. There was an interview with the assistant manager and one with the general manager. There was also a walk through the resturant and what the duties would be.

other offers

Cashier/Prep Food/Drive Thru Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at KFC.

Based on an employee referral and knowing the manager of the establishment in my area, the hiring/interviewing process was almost non-existent. I applied in person on May 08, 2009; interviewed around 11:00 am May 09, 2009, was hired on the spot, and began training at 11:30 am May 09, 2009. My first real day on the job was May 13, 2009. I believe the delay was due to a background check that the company required.

Interview Questions
    • Is this going to be a summer job only, or would you like to advance within the Yum organization?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase for me was easier since I only negotiated my hours for working.

Cleaning Captain Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KFC.

All the managers that interviewed were respectful but also fun-loving. They made me feel very comfortable and part of the team.

Very fast and comfortable.

RGM (Restaurant General Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KFC in April 2014.

After submitting my resume through a job search website I was contacted by a member of upper management. I had a phone screening asking about past job experience and degrees and then I was scheduled for my first face-to-face interview with that same person. The interview went very well. They answered all my questions and informed me of the company's expectations and the type of opportunities and bonuses I could look forward to as long as I met my performance goals. I was contacted a week later to interview with the district manager and that went well also. It was a pleasant experience more questions about my past experiences in regards to customer service sales and leadership. I was contact to take part in a walk-thru at a KFC location just to get a general idea of what my daily responsibilities would consist of. The manager was very pleasant and helpful, making more excited about the possibility of becoming apart of the franchise. I was contacted the next day by the district manager with an offer contingent on my drug test and background check, which I accepted but later negotiated. I am currently waiting on the official offer to arrive, which I will definitely be accepting.

Interview Questions
    • Asking for proof of my previous salary was a bit unexpected.   View Answer
    You are definitely able to negotiate but you must be able to provide proof as to why you should be offered more.