KFC Interview Questions

2.1

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salem, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KFC.

The hiring process was actually extremely professional throughout the entirety. I went into the store with my resume, which I believe is the best way to get an interview here (and I've heard the same). The manager scheduled the interview for the very next day and then we started the training process the next day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you expect when walking into a fast-food restaurant?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at KFC.

One on one interview with the manager. They will ask you questions based upon your ability to handle stressful situations - which there will be if you are hired. Focus on your ability to power through high-traffic times.

Interview Questions
    • I got asked about experience working cooking equipment or if I would be willing to, which was unexpected as I was applying as a cashier / team member. Go ahead and say yes if you're up to it because employees that can work any station get the most hours.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Charleston, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at KFC in June 2014.

I felt right at home, talked to GM like I was talking to one of my friend! That comfortable..... He did not make my nerve or scared one bit, he asked the regular question that suppose to be asked at an interview. I was honest and straight forward with him and he gave me a chance to prove I am worth to change to be apart of a wonderful team.

none

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vallejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at KFC in January 2014.

I had my interview at KFC A&W in Vallejo, CA

My friend previously worked at KFC and put in a good word to the manager for me. Next day, I got called for an interview. Once I showed up, I asked for the manager and waited about five minutes until he came out to see me. Once he did, he didn't make eye contact with me and told me to sit at another table with him, away from the rest of the customers. We sat down, he explained the interview process before starting, and he still didn't make eye contact with me. At this point, I didn't really care whether I got hired or not because everything about this particular KFC just seemed unprofessional. So anyways, he starts asking pretty basic interview questions and whenever I answered a question with a pretty GOOD answer, he would just make a face and immediately mark it as a bad answer (I could see how he was grading my answers). For example: he asked, "Can you tell me why you think you deserve this position(cashier)?" and I answered, "I think I deserve this position because I have retail experience that could help me with this position, I'm really familiar with the POS system, and I work well with others". He then made a yeah-right-face and marked it as a bad answer. And that was just ONE of the many times he made a face and marked my really good answers wrong so you could understand why I seem a bit annoyed about it.

After the questions were all asked and answered, he tells me that I got a score of 22 out of 44 (former employees told me that he wasn't suppose to do that?), said the interview was over, and didn't even bother to shake my hand or say thanks for showing up. Unprofessional interview overall.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

interviewed at KFC in June 2014.

Applied in-person and was called back the very next day for an interview the very same day. Showed up and never got an interview. A complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Never got the interview. Was stood up. Kept calling back to follow up and get the interview I deserve. Manager said he'd call me back each time and never did. Too unprofessional.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Springs, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Springs, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at KFC in June 2014.

Applied and got called for an interview within 2 days. Had an interview and was offered a position. The whole process took less then a week. There was an interview with the assistant manager and one with the general manager. There was also a walk through the resturant and what the duties would be.

other offers

Cashier/Prep Food/Drive Thru Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at KFC.

Based on an employee referral and knowing the manager of the establishment in my area, the hiring/interviewing process was almost non-existent. I applied in person on May 08, 2009; interviewed around 11:00 am May 09, 2009, was hired on the spot, and began training at 11:30 am May 09, 2009. My first real day on the job was May 13, 2009. I believe the delay was due to a background check that the company required.

Interview Questions
    • Is this going to be a summer job only, or would you like to advance within the Yum organization?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase for me was easier since I only negotiated my hours for working.

RGM (Restaurant General Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KFC in April 2014.

After submitting my resume through a job search website I was contacted by a member of upper management. I had a phone screening asking about past job experience and degrees and then I was scheduled for my first face-to-face interview with that same person. The interview went very well. They answered all my questions and informed me of the company's expectations and the type of opportunities and bonuses I could look forward to as long as I met my performance goals. I was contacted a week later to interview with the district manager and that went well also. It was a pleasant experience more questions about my past experiences in regards to customer service sales and leadership. I was contact to take part in a walk-thru at a KFC location just to get a general idea of what my daily responsibilities would consist of. The manager was very pleasant and helpful, making more excited about the possibility of becoming apart of the franchise. I was contacted the next day by the district manager with an offer contingent on my drug test and background check, which I accepted but later negotiated. I am currently waiting on the official offer to arrive, which I will definitely be accepting.

Interview Questions
    • Asking for proof of my previous salary was a bit unexpected.   View Answer
    You are definitely able to negotiate but you must be able to provide proof as to why you should be offered more.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vinton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vinton, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at KFC in March 2013.

I was simply asked to come in by a General Manager. When I came in on the specified day and time, I was given a background check, a shirt and hat, and my schedule. I was recommended by a now former district favorite and the General Manager liked me upon meeting.

Interview Questions
    • "Can you count to twenty? Can you do basic division?"   View Answer
    I started 25 cents above minimum wage, which was slightly unheard of.

Cleaning Captain Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KFC.

All the managers that interviewed were respectful but also fun-loving. They made me feel very comfortable and part of the team.

Very fast and comfortable.

Worked for KFC? Contribute to the Community!