KFC

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Manchester, NH

I interviewed at KFC in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied in-person and was called back the very next day for an interview the very same day. Showed up and never got an interview. A complete waste of my time.

Interview Question – Never got the interview. Was stood up. Kept calling back to follow up and get the interview I deserve. Manager said he'd call me back each time and never did. Too unprofessional.   Answer Question

Palm Springs, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at KFC in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied and got called for an interview within 2 days. Had an interview and was offered a position. The whole process took less then a week. There was an interview with the assistant manager and one with the general manager. There was also a walk through the resturant and what the duties would be.

Interview Question – What can you bring to our team?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – other offers

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KFC in September 2013.

Interview Details – Hello all job seekers. Hope you find a job soon. I was referred to a KFC interview by a NYC Workforce1 account manager. Though I didn't have any fast food or retail experience, my mannerism, personality. and past volunteer work impressed the manager and I got the job. I was asked about my volunteer work, if I could handle a fast paced environment, if I could communicate effectively, if I could handle upset customers, what are some of my skills (if you dont have any, like I didn't, emphasize about how well you communicate and how well you can work in a team, bring up past team work experiences), what does great customer service consist of, if I would be willing to clean the entire facility, if I could lift heavy boxes, if I could stand for long periods of time, and my availability. If you don't have food or retail experience, just make sure to have some volunteer or school related work experience on your resume so it isn't completely empty. Answer questions clearly, be energetic, and be passionate in showing that you want the JOB/DUTIES and not just the CHECK from the job. Smile, remain polite even if the interviewer isn't, and greet and thank them by their names. Good luck to you all.

Interview Question – Pretty much, "why do you want to work here?'" We all want money, but put passionate effort into this answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for team member position, you get a 50 cent raise every six months.

Escondido, CA

I applied online - interviewed at KFC in September 2013.

Interview Details – It took originally 3 weeks before i got my interview, and then i had a 2nd one, which were like a week apart, but after the 2nd week (2nd interview), i got the job.

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KFC in May 2012.

Interview Details – They ask you questions. They are not very hard, just the basic questions you would accept. The interview is not hard at all. However, the manager told me that they only hire people who smile during the interveiw. So just smile like the world is a happy place.

Interview Question – There is no hard question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do you want the job? -Yes

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at KFC in May 2011.

Interview Details – Open interviews every saturday. Just walk in and get an interview. After my first interview, I did not get a call back until 6 months later which then I was interviewed again. This time with a tape recorder. Got called a week later saying I got the job.

Interview Question – I can't remember the questions exactly but a lot of them were situational questions!   Answer Question

Elmsford, NY

I interviewed at KFC in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied via the usual online procedure, i got a call next day , i went to the interview , store owner took my interview, they put an big emphasis at my appearance, make sure you go their with properly dressed up, no matter which company your applying for you should be formal at interviews, that give an extra impression, Then with couple of questions , i got hired on that day

Interview Question – All questions was typical questions , tell me about yourself , background , whether you would be able to do late, n would continue here not. They wanted to make everything straight regarding whether you would continues or not stating the fact that you have to inform them a bit earlier once you want to leave.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I basically went with what ever offer they gave me . Make sure you stay focused and clear about what you will do , If you are student just mention your hours properly , cause other why s it might get really hectic for you.

Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at KFC in July 2012.

Interview Details – you show up talk about your skills and assests.....nod and smile

Interview Question – do you think your capable of being a member of our team   Answer Question

Fair Oaks, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at KFC in August 2011.

Interview Details – Basically, it was a "come-in-and-we'll-interview" type of deal. The interviewer was friendly, and even tried to help me by telling me what kind of answers the company likes to hear. We then went through the interview again. I don't know if that was a good or bad thing.

Interview Question – When was there a time you had to help someone? Give an example.   View Answer

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at KFC in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, they replied within two days to come in for an interview
The interview was literally 10 minutes, basic questions like
"Why KFC?"
"What can you bring to the company?"
"Tell me a bit about yourself"
Then about availability and your clothes size
Very casual and unprofessional, the interviewer didn't seemed very interested.
Asked me if I had any questions and then told me she'd call me within a week.
Got the call, and got the job

ADVICE
-Smile like the world is a happy place filled with rainbows and unicorns
-Prepare a few questions because in some cases they wont explain to you whats going on (eg training process, next stage etc...)

Interview Question – General questions, none to hard   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KFC

Worked for KFC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KFC Team Member interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by KFC employees and interview candidates.