KJ Innovations Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2014

1.9

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KJ Innovations.

When I first spoke to the HR person on the phone I was under the impression that this would be a marketing sales position, however it turned out to be more of a door to door sales company. I had three interviews in total, one on the phone, one basic introductory interview, and one full day shadowing interview where I traveled around New Jersey with one of their "top salesmen." He had been working at the company for three weeks... He was a nice guy and the job seemed manageable, however I was not interested in spending my summer driving through small towns of New Jersey and asking business owners to change their electricity plans. Although I was offered the position, I declined and opted for a more standard office internship instead.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions - why would you be good for this job, what sets you apart from other candidates, etc.   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at KJ Innovations in April 2013.

I went in for an interview with the president, he was a very nice guy and the interview was brief and not extremely formal. The questions were pretty standard such as "name three characteristics that seperate you from other candidates" and "what interested you in our company." I was called back for a second interview on the same day and I respectfully declined because the commute was too far given the fact that this was somewhat of a door to door sales job.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at KJ Innovations in January 2013.

The interview process has three steps. The first interview is a preliminary 1-1 interview with the hiring manager and he asked pretty basic interview questions i.e. "What caught your eye about the company? What do you do for fun? What is one thing that you would change about yourself?" etc.. When/if you are called for a second interview you come in for a full work day and shadow one of the account representatives, which is nice because both you and KJ Innovations can see if it is the right fit for yourself and for them. Finally, if you are called for the last interview you go to the office for a drug and background check and are given a small training session and tour of the office.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was "What are three things that you contribute as an employee?"   Answer Question

"Account Representative" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KJ Innovations.

This company publicizes its self as a Marketing Firm. The woman who is the receptionist was very nice. However they are not interviewing you for the job they claim.

Immediately upon receiving my resume I was called that day. I was asked to come in the very next day for a "getting to know you interview" it lasted about 25 minutes with the owner of the company. He never said *exactly* what the position was but seemed very nice. He told me they would be calling the "top" candidates that day for a second round interview. Sure enough I received a call asking me to come in for a "shadow interview". And I quote: Congratulations on being asked back for a second round interview! Your interview is scheduled for ************* from 10:00 AM to 5:30pm . Because you will be leaving the office to shadow one of our top Account Representatives for the day, please be sure to dress for the weather (i.e. coat, umbrella, flat shoes, etc) while remaining business professional. We also suggest bringing a notepad and a pen so you are able to jot down some notes throughout the day."

After doing thorough research on this company I have found that they advertise the position to you as a marketing job and then send you out to do door to door sales. Hence the "flat shoes". It is also advertised on a job website, that shall remain nameless" that they have 30 open positions available. There are also claims online that the sales are scams. I do not have proof of this but have no interest in getting involved in something like that.

There are many other people out there reporting that they have had the same experience and upon researching the company have found reviews just like this one, claims of scams and misinformation about what the job truly was.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. They were interviewing me to see if I was eager enough to take anything they would offer and unintelligent enough to not research their company.   View Answer

After research I came to find out the job was not as advertised and did not go back for a second interview.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at KJ Innovations in August 2012.

Applied to an add that I saw on LinkedIn. I was contacted the next day by the HR person. She seemed nice and I liked the website so I went in for an interview. Sat down with one of the managers and talked for about twenty minutes. He explained they do business to business sales and are currently working for an energy company. I was more interested in inside sales so the position ended up not being for me.

Entry-Level Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at KJ Innovations in March 2012.

I found out about the job opportunity at KJ Innovations through my school's career center. It was publicized as a marketing/PR position. I applied on a Monday, was offered an interview on a Tuesday, and went in for the interview on Wednesday. After struggling to find a job, I felt ecstatic that a company liked me so much. The office was pretty dingy, but I didn't think anything of it, as they are a fairly new company. The woman who interviewed me was very nice. Looking back, however, she seemed to beat around the bush about what the job entailed. I left the interview without really understanding exactly what I would be doing, but feeling really good about it. The same day, I got a call that they wanted me to go back for a second round interview. Awesome! However, they told me it would be a full day (9-5:30) of shadowing someone there, and to wear comfortable shoes because I would be leaving the office. I wasn't sure about this, so after some extensive research, I found out that KJ Innovations is nothing but a door-to-door sales company for Verizon and Direct TV. Marketing? PR? No. Sales. Turned down the second interview.

Interview Questions

I was misinformed about what the job entailed. I was told it was a marketing/pr position, when really, it was door-to-door sales.

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at KJ Innovations in June 2011.

Met with their "President" interview lasted all of 10 minutes. I don't really remember what the questions were. Just questions about experience. Joke Interview. Joke Company.

Interview Questions

One of those scammer B2B companies they have about 5000 jobs on careerbuilder. STAY CLEAR!!!

Worked for KJ Innovations? Contribute to the Community!