KKR Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

3.3

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KKR.

Interview

Went through a recruiter. Interviews went very well, but a bit disorganized in their explanation of job description.

Intern Interview

Interview

Standard interview process. Questions like: what do you know about the company, why did you go to that college, what are you looking to get out of this, what are your skills in excel?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about interest rates. What do you think of them and their effects?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KKR (New York, NY).

Interview

Had three rounds of interviews in about two and a half weeks. First round I met with two individuals from HR, second round I met with the three Executives I'd be supporting and third round I met with three Senior Executive Assistants. After the last interview it took about a week to get an offer. Interview q's were pretty standard - nothing too off the wall.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter took care of this for me - KKR offered me the salary I requested plus some (benefits, lunch allowance, promise of bonus, etc).

Human Resources Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

This is a great company with such prestige that I was taken aback by the interview process. Met with two HR Generalists for 30 minutes each. Each interviewer spent a good 25 minutes talking about the job, company, and themselves, and didn't really bother asking me about my skills, experience, or what I could bring to the company. Was that an interview or was that a sales pitch/therapy session gone wrong? Needless to say, I walked out of there knowing all too well that I was NOT going to return to round two. I mean, how could I have? They didn't have enough information about me to make a fair assessment. Such an odd interview style, especially since it's HR conducting an interview for a HR position. Good company, great compensation and benefits, but expect to work long hours.

Interview Questions

• Only question that was really asked was: Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruited called me about this opportunity. Interview was setup very quickly. However, the feedback process was long wait. The interviewer was professional and presents the company well. The feedback from the interview was positive but I didn't make to the next step. I still don't know the exact reason. The company seems to have a family like culture and seems highly profitable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

One day and I interviewed with with both the head of administrative recruiting and the assistant to the head of administrative recruiting. Both women were pleasant, enthusiastic and upbeat during the interviewing process. I received an offer to start on the very next day and began working the day I started.

Interview Questions

• Explain the gaps in your work history.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Both interviews started 20-30 minutes late wth me sitting alone in a conference room. Overall very manuscript HR questions to determine if you "adapt" to their boutique culture or not.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about KKR? What is a perfect position to you?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KKR.

Interview

Went through a staffing agency. They scheduled me for a Wednesday. I was Interviewed for 40 minutes with pretty standard questions. The interviewer was VP and was very nice. She was very difficult to read though as to whether she liked me or not. I left completely unsure of whether they were considering me or not.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions like what did you like best/least about your past job.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at KKR (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Very interesting interview. The people were very nice but the questions were a little challenging.

Interview Questions

• "If you had questions that no one had answers to, how would you handle it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy. Told them that i wanted a certain salary and they gave it.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KKR in May 2014.

Interview

Testing, background checks, reference checks, transcript verification, employment verification, and urine sample. Its like customs with a cavity search. For nothing bc ppl leave quickly anyway. People come and go quickly because they dont appreciate good people. And they are losing good people faster than you can blink!

Negotiation

The low ball you