KLA-Tencor

Updated Jan 23, 2015

3.3

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KLA-Tencor.

The hiring process is very long. They take you through several rounds of interview and conclude the process with several presentations. This is a very important position in that company and so you should be able to sell yourself well.
They quiz you with some image processing problems which can be answered with some common knowledge. They give you problems which can be solved by using some technical algorithms. They have a technical round where they quiz you on your majors. The questions depend upon who interviews you. It is just the same team members quizzing you on your major's subject.

Interview Questions
  • Image processing algorithm based questions were difficult during the time of my interview. But later when I thought about it, it was not unsolvable without prior knowledge in that subject. Need to be very analytic.   Answer Question
campus recruit

Other Interview Reviews for KLA-Tencor

Applications Development Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2014.

My resume was passed along by a colleague who works at KLA-Tencor. I got a call by a recruiter out of the blue who proceeded to give me a somewhat rigorous technical interview (which was hard because I had no time to prepare), and it went so rough I honestly thought I would not get a call back. Nonetheless, I was invited for an on-site interview about two weeks later. It consisted of 5 half-hour interviews with different people on the Applications teams. Talked a lot about the nature of the position, since it required 50% travel. They were nice people but constantly interrupted the interview to take phone calls.

Interview Questions
    • How would you develop a SEM technique for detecting structural defects in a sample? 27 balls puzzle.   Answer Question

Applications Development Engineer Interview

email to me to see if we can have phone interview, then got a call from them. have little bit discussion

Applications Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Met the HR personnel in Information Session. The first email was about answering some questions. Got a phone interview about 2-3 weeks later. The interview was mostly about my resume and some regular questions, though having a hard time trying to understand the accent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in January 2012.

Was contacted by a recruiter after submitting my resume at a university job fair. A phone interview was set up with a senior member of the group. The interview consisted mainly on explaining why I wanted to work in industry and with KLA-Tencor, explaining my research, and some behavioral questions. The interviewer also described the position and what would be expected of me.

After a few days I was invited for an on-site interview. The interview ran half a day, 8-12. A short presentation of the company was given, and then we (there were about 8 of us) had 1-1 interviews with 8 people. Questions were once again mainly behavioral, with a couple of estimations and a skills test.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate, as this was my first job and had heard that they are not very open to negotiation. The compensation was fair, so this was ok.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in March 2010.

1st. was the phone interrview, basically a behaviorial interview all through the way. Make a genuine attempt to show genuiine interest and you will be fine. So how would yo deal with an irate customer, are you willing to move, describe a leadership experience, how do you feel about 3-6 mont h assinments abroad.. etc.

Next was the 1:1 there were 2 groups of 7 on the same day, 1st is tour general info abt the company.. etc. then a 30 min presentation abt a skills exam you are supposed to take (trying to identify defects in pictures as a way to simulate wafer detection..interesting)
    then 6 1:1 all different depending on mangaer, from very specific to Resume dependent i.e 3-6 months abroad? describe how you can estimate the number of hair specialists in the country? why kla, why not your engineering degree?
    comapny is very beautinful, job seems intuitive good place to start a career

Interview Questions
    • 3-6months abroad? hair numbers in the US? detecting defects in images? and wafers   View Answer
    • why kla, why not etc? describe your project in details-> 10 mins go.. use chalk board when needed.. all that stuff   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at KLA-Tencor.

multiple rounds usually starting with apti test, moving on to 2-3 technical rounds, 1-2 HR rounds, 1 algorithm test which includes answering a set of questions in a specified duration of time. They would ask you to present one of your projects to test your skills and campus recruitment could include a group discussion in the beginning.

Interview Questions
    • none really. just be patient as the process takes a while   Answer Question

Applications Development Engineer Interview

Telephonic interview followed by two 1:1 interview!

Interview Questions
    • I have never had such a worst interview experience. For a technical person, which is actually more required for a job, what is it to do with three rounds of analytical and puzzle solving rounds? And the questions are related to horses, bulbs , collection at toll gates etc? Does answering these questions gonna make you strong in your work place?! Overall a complete time waste. The recruiter seems to have a poor knowledge in his own field. Very lethargic attitude. Best was to just walk off after three rounds!sigh!   Answer Question

Applications Development Engineer Interview

First round consisted of a written test that had general aptitude questions and a case study. second round was GD. People shortlisted in GD had to undergo few rounds of interview (both technical and HR). Finally, the candidates are asked to give a presentation (preferably UG or PG project) and explain about their role in it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Applied online, a phone interview with one of the team members was setup a couple weeks later. Went through my background and asked questions related to my master's thesis. Repeatedly asked whether or not I would be interested in settling in the US o India. No clue why they didn't pick me.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be interested in settling in US or India? x3   Answer Question