KLA-Tencor

Getting the Interview

32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Albany, NY

I applied online - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Interview Details – Apply on line. Phone interview thaks 30min. Waiting for on-site.

Interview Question – It was not a technical interview. Behaiver interivew.   Answer Question

Malta, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me via linkedin who directed me to apply online for a relevant position. Within a week I was invited for an onsite interview at Malta, NY. There was no reimbursement as I was just two hours away. The interview questions were not at all technical. The atmosphere amongst the team members looked quite good but the interview questions were totally HR related.

Interview Questions

• Fill the room with basketballs?   Answer Question
  • What do strategy and tactical mean to you?   Answer Question
  • How many states are in the US and if I tell you to get rid of one state, what will be your criteria?   View Answer

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through Campus Jab Fair.
Few weeks later, did phone interview (typical questions)
Two weeks later, did on-site interview

Interview Question – 1 minute impromptu speech with a choice of a picture from a bundle of pictures.   View Answer

Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in January 2013.

Interview Details – I got a phone call the other after I submitted my resume on their website. Asked me a few general questions like relocation preference. Told me another phone interview from application manager will be arranged in next two weeks. Very excited!

Interview Question – No   Answer Question

Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2012.

Interview Details – Had phone interview first, and went to on-site interview after few days. They provided a presentation and then a test based on their optical technology. Then interviewed with two engineers around 30 minutes each.

Interview Question – The optical test is not easy if you are not familiar with it   Answer Question

Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview Details – Career Fair: Here you hand in your resume and have a chat with representatives about opportunities that would suit you and how the company works
Information Session: Here an official overview about the company is provided and then you can hand in resumes, have in-depth conversations with experienced employees
On-Campus Interview: If shortlisted, you are invited for a reasonably rigorous, tech+behavioral on-campus interview
On-Site Interview: 2-4 candidates are selected for each job to come on site and have a rigorous day of interviewing with team members

Interview Question – Tech question on edge detection in an image:
Here is an image from an optical/SEM tool. The objective is to use this as a reference to compare with other images and find a match. What technique would you use?
  View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in November 2011.

Interview Details – I posted my resume on linkedin, and a recruiter contacted me through email to schedule a phone call interview. The interview was one week later after I was contacted by the recruiter and it was given by a technique manager of wafer inspection. He started with some general questions about my background (major, minor, classes, etc), then walked through in details about my resume. After that, he asked me some technical questions, and I was stuck on one of them. So basically, it did not go well

Interview Question – some high power LED, and detector related technical questions.   Answer Question

Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer went through my resume. Ask questions about the research I am doing and all the instruments I am using. Very nice guy. Then he explained the working principle of their products and the duties of application engineering. After the interview, it was a long process of waiting. I haven't heard anything from them yet (1.5 month after the interview).

Interview Question – All questions are relative to the research I did.   Answer Question

Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2012.

Interview Details – I got this interview after attending a career fair at my University. I handed off my resume and received an email from University Relations the next day offering me a half hour interview slot.
The interview was a very warm one. My interviewer was very friendly and seemed to enjoy the fast-pace, competitive work environment associated with the semiconductor industry. He was very intelligent and articulated that the company expected large growth in the next five years. He said that he was interviewing over 35 people for two paid positions and one unpaid position. They expect a lot from each member of their team.

Application Engineer Interview

Application Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2010.

Interview Details – Dropped my resume in the University Career Fair. Several months later, the University Relation department contacted me asking about my interest with the Application Engineer Position. Asked me to respond the email with answers of some behavior questions. Such as why semiconductor area etc.
Then a phone interview is arranged with a senior engineer, went through my resume and then asked me a very easy brainteaser.
Then an onsite interview, the travel arrangement is very effective and convenient. The onsite interview consists of five 1:1 interview (we had 5 candidates too, so it was rotating room by room). Mostly behavior questions, questions about resume, some easy brainteaser. Since the position is about to help the clients with problems of KLA-tencor's machine, be prepared about questions about communication. One of the 1:1 interview is a skill test about image processing, it is not very difficult.

Interviews for Top Jobs at KLA-Tencor

Worked for KLA-Tencor? Contribute to the Community!

KLA-Tencor Videos

KLA-Tencor – Why Work for Us?

KLA-Tencor Corporation is the world's leading supplier of process control and yield management solutions for the semiconductor and related microelectronics industries. We have been in business for over 30 years and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KLA-Tencor Applications Engineer interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by KLA-Tencor employees and interview candidates.