KLA-Tencor Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Very Efficient and straight forward. The whole process took less than a month from first contact to an offer. There was first a phone interview. When you pass that stag they bring you in for onsite interview. The onsite interview includes a two minute presentation of what the applicant thinks the role involves.

Interview Questions

• The normal generic questions. " Tell me about yourself and how you fit in the organization"   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was non-negotialble

Other Interview Reviews for KLA-Tencor

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Albany, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Apply on line. Phone interview thaks 30min. Waiting for on-site.

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor (Malta, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via linkedin who directed me to apply online for a relevant position. Within a week I was invited for an onsite interview at Malta, NY. There was no reimbursement as I was just two hours away. The interview questions were not at all technical. The atmosphere amongst the team members looked quite good but the interview questions were totally HR related.

Interview Questions

• Fill the room with basketballs?   1 Answer
    • What do strategy and tactical mean to you?   Answer Question
    • How many states are in the US and if I tell you to get rid of one state, what will be your criteria?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I got a phone call the other after I submitted my resume on their website. Asked me a few general questions like relocation preference. Told me another phone interview from application manager will be arranged in next two weeks. Very excited!

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (San Jose, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied through Campus Jab Fair. Few weeks later, did phone interview (typical questions) Two weeks later, did on-site interview

Interview Questions

• 1 minute impromptu speech with a choice of a picture from a bundle of pictures.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Career Fair: Here you hand in your resume and have a chat with representatives about opportunities that would suit you and how the company works Information Session: Here an official overview about the company is provided and then you can hand in resumes, have in-depth conversations with experienced employees On-Campus Interview: If shortlisted, you are invited for a reasonably rigorous, tech+behavioral on-campus interview On-Site Interview: 2-4 candidates are selected for each job to come on site and have a rigorous day of interviewing with team members

Interview Questions

• Tech question on edge detection in an image: Here is an image from an optical/SEM tool. The objective is to use this as a reference to compare with other images and find a match. What technique would you use?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Had phone interview first, and went to on-site interview after few days. They provided a presentation and then a test based on their optical technology. Then interviewed with two engineers around 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• The optical test is not easy if you are not familiar with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interviewer went through my resume. Ask questions about the research I am doing and all the instruments I am using. Very nice guy. Then he explained the working principle of their products and the duties of application engineering. After the interview, it was a long process of waiting. I haven't heard anything from them yet (1.5 month after the interview).

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KLA-Tencor (Rochester, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I got this interview after attending a career fair at my University. I handed off my resume and received an email from University Relations the next day offering me a half hour interview slot. The interview was a very warm one. My interviewer was very friendly and seemed to enjoy the fast-pace, competitive work environment associated with the semiconductor industry. He was very intelligent and articulated that the company expected large growth in the next five years. He said that he was interviewing over 35 people for two paid positions and one unpaid position. They expect a lot from each member of their team.

Interview Questions

• How many states are there in the US? (I can't believe he asked this)   Answer Question
    • Which state would you eliminate if you had to eliminate one?   Answer Question
    • What is it that makes you wake up before the alarm in the morning?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had a difficult client?   1 Answer
    • What is your typical day like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at KLA-Tencor (Atlanta, GA) in November 2011.

Interview

I posted my resume on linkedin, and a recruiter contacted me through email to schedule a phone call interview. The interview was one week later after I was contacted by the recruiter and it was given by a technique manager of wafer inspection. He started with some general questions about my background (major, minor, classes, etc), then walked through in details about my resume. After that, he asked me some technical questions, and I was stuck on one of them. So basically, it did not go well

Interview Questions

• some high power LED, and detector related technical questions.   Answer Question