Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at KLA-Tencor
- Applications Engineer (30)
- Applications Development Engineer (17)
- Software Engineer (14)
- Field Applications Engineer (8)
- Research Scientist (5)
- Product Development Engineer (4)
- Senior Software Engineer (4)
- Engineer (4)
- Product Engineer (2)
- Product Marketing Manager (2)
- Technical Support Engineer (2)
- Optical Engineer (2)
- Algorithm Engineer (2)
- Associate Test Engineer (2)
- Senior Systems Design Engineer (2)
- Buyer/Planner (2)
- Software Engineer II (2)
- Application Developer (2)
- Application Engineer (2)
- Applications (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Software Design Engineer (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Human Resources Associate (1)
- Human Resources Intern (1)
- Senior Product Marketing Manager (1)
- Electrical Design Engineer (1)
- Electrical Engineer (1)
- Senior Marketing Manager (1)
- Principal Research Scientist (1)
Associate Test Engineer Interview
I applied in-person – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2014.
Technical problem solver with the ability to troubleshoot, pinpoint and resolve issues efficiently to reduce operational cost. Proficient with Optical and electro-mechanical systems as well as manufacturing integration and test processes. Eager to learn new skills and enjoys working in a team based environment and as an individual contributor.
- • Test diagnosed and repaired printed circuit board to component level.
• Installed and Calibrated print circuit boards in KLA-Tencor wafer inspection tool.
• Troubles hooted all hardware and software related issues.
• Used of test equipment such as Oscilloscope, DVM, power supply, function generator.
• Worked closely with manufacturing and design engineering teams to insure better quality PCBs.
• Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for KLA-Tencor
1 person found this helpful
Associate Test Engineer InterviewApplication Details
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in April 2012.Interview Details
Applied online through KLA website after receiving information about the position from the Career fair. Received an initial email with questionnaire that had basic questions regarding clean room experience, personal background, and some questions pertaining to future prospects. After submitting questionnaire back to recruiter, was then contacted for a phone interview that consisted of where I would like to see myself in 5 years, my clean room experience, talked about my senior design project and then basic questions regarding the position. Was then asked to come in for 1:1 interview which consisted of the three leads from each shift. Each interview was the same genre of questions and troubleshooting. Each different interviewer had a problem to fix and it was my responsibility to find a way to fix that problem through troubleshooting. After interview was over, was then lead into the cleanroom tour.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsAs far as negotiation went, there was none. The benefits are great and the compensation is good.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- First interviewer had a worksheet on circuit diagrams and asked me to decipher it. Worksheet consisted of Boolean tables, capacitors, inductors, and basic circuit questions Answer Question
- Second interviewer had a diagram of a common issue found in the lab. Issue consisted of laser being shot into 5 different mirrors and a tool that measures the laser's intensity. Problem was that one measurement was off but it did not affect the image at the end and I needed to find out the issue View Answer
- Last interviewer had an event in which he had three light switches that each controlled three different light bulbs and my job was to find which switch went to which light bulb. The environment was that I was in a room in which I could not see the light bulbs unless I left the room but if I left the room I could not go back into it. View Answer