KLA-Tencor

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Core strength and weakness
6. what the company doing
7. How to deal with a tough customer

Interview Question – Normal behavior questions   Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got the on campus interview during career fair. It was 30 min 1:1 talk about behavior questions. The second round was an onsite interview, which included a pre-test and 6 1:1 talks, also focusing on behavior questions and anything on your resume. All the people are nice to interact with and have provided a friendly and freely environment. Good place to work for.

Interview Question – the technical test   Answer Question

Malta, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview Details – It was a half an interview on campus through the career fair. One of the questions was if I am supposed to eliminate one state from the states in US, what would it be?

Interview Question – There was no technical questions at this stage.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got an onsite interview.

Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2012.

Interview Details – I got this interview after career fair in my school. HR asked about all the general and behavior questions. Like talk about yourself. How you know our company?

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview Details – Applied online. My resume was shortlisted by the HR Manager, and was contacted by e-mail. A telephone interview (15-20 mins) was scheduled, following which I was invited onsite for the interview.

Interview Question – How would you negotiate a deadline with a customer, with whom you've had a successful track record in the past?   Answer Question

Malta, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted the application at campus job fair. Get an on-campus interview first. one month later, got the phoneinterview notification. The competition is fiercely, they will pick 3 persons out of 30 first round interviewees.

Interview Question – what will you do when will have a lot of stuffs to do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2012.

Interview Details – inside person help to submit to HR
1st get phone interview with account apps manager
2nd on-site interview noticed by HR after 1-2 weeks, and now prepare on-going

Field Applications Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2011.

Interview Details – Consisted of phone interview with manager first, group presentation, individual interview in person second and phone interview with human resources finally. Friendly group of people, more than willing to answer questions. They even shared with me specially what they were looking for.

Interview Question – Was asked to explain my research over and over again in the simplest terms possible   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Willing to negotiate bonuses, but not salary due to pay equity standards in the company

Interviews for Top Jobs at KLA-Tencor

Worked for KLA-Tencor? Contribute to the Community!

KLA-Tencor Videos

KLA-Tencor – Why Work for Us?

KLA-Tencor Corporation is the world's leading supplier of process control and yield management solutions for the semiconductor and related microelectronics industries. We have been in business for over 30 years and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KLA-Tencor Field Applications Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by KLA-Tencor employees and interview candidates.