KLA-Tencor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.1

Intern, Applications Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

had one phone interview, all behavior questions. On-site interview includes an algorithm test to detect the defects in image

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

One phone interview, followed by several 1-1 interview, some behavioral and some technical

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, the offer came, and they did not want to negotiate, take it or leave it. However, I got to choose my starting date.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Applied through LinkedIn. Thirty minutes phone conversation with the hiring manager within two weeks. Invited on-site. Four interviewers -- two principal scientists, the manager (also principal scientist himself) and the director.

Interview problem are mainly the technical questions on my previous research and development projects. Clearly, all interviewers are very intelligent and sharp, almost made me feel that they were involved in these researches and projects. One interviewer showed me a problem in his work, and his solution to the problem. I am impressed.

Employment package is then offered within couple of days. The salary is below other offers I collected. But I decided to go with this team mainly because the work and the people.

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2012.

Application process was easy throughout our school career web site - then skype interview, pretty much behavioral questions such as; give me an example where you.... Thus got an e-mail a few days later inviting for a final round interview on campus. I had 6 interviews back to back, again behavioral questions plus a get to know approach. They did not send a message that everyone was aligned with the objectives of the company, for me they were more concerned about their own work on a daily basis, which could leads to a high level o ambiguity when having to define your work or strategy towards company's goals.

Interview Questions
    • Personal questions where there's no right or wrong and makes no sense at all in the context of the interview.   Answer Question

I had another offer from company that was more aligned to my interests and values.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Got the on campus interview during career fair. It was 30 min 1:1 talk about behavior questions. The second round was an onsite interview, which included a pre-test and 6 1:1 talks, also focusing on behavior questions and anything on your resume. All the people are nice to interact with and have provided a friendly and freely environment. Good place to work for.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Apply on line. Phone interview thaks 30min. Waiting for on-site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malta, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

It was a half an interview on campus through the career fair. One of the questions was if I am supposed to eliminate one state from the states in US, what would it be?

Interview Questions
    I got an onsite interview.

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2013.

Met HR at Info Session in my university and submitted resume. A few days later, they contacted me to set up the phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by the subdivision manager, and it's mainly about review of resume, with focus on one or two specific projects.

A few weeks later, received invitation for on-site interview. The onsite one was conducted at their HQ in Milpitas, which consisted of 5-6 one-to-one interview and a one-hour presentation explaining one of my past projects. The questions are about signal processing knowledge (especially in image processing), and they are not very tricky if you are familiar with DSP. Some interviewers will also test your programming skills in MATLAB.

After the interview, received offer in about three days.

Interview Questions
    • Not many unexpected questions. One was about edge detection using Moore neighborhood tracing. The MATLAB problem was about pattern matching using correlation and clustering.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2010.

I was given an initial phone interview followed directly by a second. Within two days I was invited for an on site interview including a technical presentation. I sat for 6 interviews and was flown home.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a technical question regarding the electron transport properties on a doped semiconductor which required specific knowlege I didn't poses.   Answer Question
    I was somewhat desperate after a long search and accepted the first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2012.

I got this interview after career fair in my school. HR asked about all the general and behavior questions. Like talk about yourself. How you know our company?