KLA-Tencor

Updated Jan 23, 2015

3.1

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2013.

Recruiter contacted me via linkedin who directed me to apply online for a relevant position. Within a week I was invited for an onsite interview at Malta, NY. There was no reimbursement as I was just two hours away. The interview questions were not at all technical. The atmosphere amongst the team members looked quite good but the interview questions were totally HR related.

Interview Questions
    • Fill the room with basketballs?   View Answer
    • What do strategy and tactical mean to you?   Answer Question
    • How many states are in the US and if I tell you to get rid of one state, what will be your criteria?   View Answer

Applications Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2013.

Got a call. Received an interview. No response.

Interview Questions
    • They have a sheet that goes over some imaging defects questions. It was relatively easy. The interview was from 8am-12pm. Talked to 3 people 1 to 1 after a short presentation about the company and what they do.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2013.

phone interview followed by onsite

Interview Questions
    • how to troubleshooting, some optics concept   View Answer
    fair market price

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2013.

Interview:
    Recruiter setup the initial phone screening with the recruiting manager.
    The phone screening lasted for about 35 minutes. Started with my field of experience and depth into the design and architecture. After the phone screening, I have been asked to come for the personal interview. It lasted for 2 and half hours with the 3 different group of people. Because of one the team member was absent that day, I had to come again for 45 minutes.

People/Culture:
    The culture is unusual for me. They do follow AGILE process but it is not really AGILE, they pretty much end up following waterfall methodology because of the product development.
    The change management system is not great. They use lot of braching, developer has to merge the code. The timings are flexible if you are delivering your tasks in time.

Interview Questions
    • One of them asked me about university. One of the panel member did not speak a word.
      They did not ask more technical questions to me, just overall experience.
      I ended up asking more about the company and the interviewer.

Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. It depends on the individual and the demand.

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2013.

Met HR at Info Session in my university and submitted resume. A few days later, they contacted me to set up the phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by the subdivision manager, and it's mainly about review of resume, with focus on one or two specific projects.

A few weeks later, received invitation for on-site interview. The onsite one was conducted at their HQ in Milpitas, which consisted of 5-6 one-to-one interview and a one-hour presentation explaining one of my past projects. The questions are about signal processing knowledge (especially in image processing), and they are not very tricky if you are familiar with DSP. Some interviewers will also test your programming skills in MATLAB.

After the interview, received offer in about three days.

Interview Questions
    • Not many unexpected questions. One was about edge detection using Moore neighborhood tracing. The MATLAB problem was about pattern matching using correlation and clustering.   Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Applied online. My resume was shortlisted by the HR Manager, and was contacted by e-mail. A telephone interview (15-20 mins) was scheduled, following which I was invited onsite for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you negotiate a deadline with a customer, with whom you've had a successful track record in the past?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Phone interview: Went over my CV, gave me information on the group, company. Questions were related to position description.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in March 2013.

The HR sent an e-mail with details on position. The hiring manager called me for the interview on phone. The call was about half an hour with details focussed on how work at current company was organized.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain in detail, on what your work time is organized, with split in time spent for various work activities. He wanted specific answers as to how this would be for the entire year.   Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in March 2013.

Submitted the application at campus job fair. Get an on-campus interview first. one month later, got the phoneinterview notification. The competition is fiercely, they will pick 3 persons out of 30 first round interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • what will you do when will have a lot of stuffs to do?   View Answer
    no negotiation

Research Scientist Interview

Contacted by HR, an unexpected position to me.
    Got phone call from the manager. It lasted for half an hour, all general questions.
    Unfortunately, my background does not fit this position.