KLA-Tencor

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

3.1

Applications Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Met the HR personnel in Information Session. The first email was about answering some questions. Got a phone interview about 2-3 weeks later. The interview was mostly about my resume and some regular questions, though having a hard time trying to understand the accent.

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

On campus recurting. 30 minute face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience to apply what you have learn in the class into the real environment?   Answer Question

Buyer/Planner Interview

Interview process included the following:
    - Phone interview
    - 3 hr onsite interview with management
    - Follow up phone interview

Interview Questions
    • How can you satisfy customer demand and balance the constraints of material availability and manufacturing build capacity?   Answer Question

Applications Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2013.

Applied online through the website and got an email asking a few general questions. Then got another mail regarding interview call. Scheduled an interview and the interview went on for 30 minutes. It was a simple interview with just a resume run-through. The questions were fine.

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2013.

The initial interview took place over the phone after i gave them my information at career fair. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. After this point, i was invited down to tour their Milpitis facility. I met with two engineers and the division and program heads and then an offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see yourself bringing to this company if you are offered a position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2013.

The interview process is tough. First, the company will phone screen you and if it looks good, the HR will call you in for face-to-face interview with at least 4 engineers and managers and director.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you tough technical questions.   View Answer

Internship On Modeling Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2013.

Meet them on campus career fair and handed in my resume to the HR people. They looked carefully and told me to apply for an intern position for modeling as my skills includes modeling. A phone interview was scheduled but the job was not really suitable for me. It was also my first phone interview so I was too nervous. I was asked a lot of questions from previous experience and the questions are all technical. Didn't do well and nothing followed up.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of specific technical questions, I did not prepare well   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in January 2013.

I got a phone call the other after I submitted my resume on their website. Asked me a few general questions like relocation preference. Told me another phone interview from application manager will be arranged in next two weeks. Very excited!

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2012.

Applied through Campus Jab Fair.
    Few weeks later, did phone interview (typical questions)
    Two weeks later, did on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • 1 minute impromptu speech with a choice of a picture from a bundle of pictures.   View Answer

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2012.

I got this interview after career fair in my school. HR asked about all the general and behavior questions. Like talk about yourself. How you know our company?