KLA-Tencor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer IV Interview

Software Engineer IV
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is tough. First, the company will phone screen you and if it looks good, the HR will call you in for face-to-face interview with at least 4 engineers and managers and director.

Interview Question – They will ask you tough technical questions.   View Answer

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Field Applications Engineer
Malta, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted the application at campus job fair. Get an on-campus interview first. one month later, got the phoneinterview notification. The competition is fiercely, they will pick 3 persons out of 30 first round interviewees.

Interview Question – what will you do when will have a lot of stuffs to do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through Campus Jab Fair.
Few weeks later, did phone interview (typical questions)
Two weeks later, did on-site interview

Interview Question – 1 minute impromptu speech with a choice of a picture from a bundle of pictures.   View Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2012.

Interview Details – Three phone interviews two of them were technical nature. Didn't hear about salary range until the third interview. Was flown out for an all day interview with the team I would be working with. Some of the questions were very technical but not all. All the interviewers were sharp people. They were very accommodating and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe all the components, and it's function, of a Nomarski Phase Contrast microscope.   View Answer
  • Describe the interaction of an ultra short, high intensity laser pulse with a metal.   View Answer
  • Explain how an ellipsometer measures n and k.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Too expensive in San Jose. Bad traffic.

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist

Interviewed at KLA-Tencor

Interview Details – Contacted by HR, an unexpected position to me.
Got phone call from the manager. It lasted for half an hour, all general questions.
Unfortunately, my background does not fit this position.

Interview Question – No special question.   Answer Question

Applications Engineering Intern Interview

Applications Engineering Intern

I applied online - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through the website and got an email asking a few general questions. Then got another mail regarding interview call. Scheduled an interview and the interview went on for 30 minutes. It was a simple interview with just a resume run-through. The questions were fine.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected questions as I had expected.   Answer Question

Applications Development Engineer Interview

Applications Development Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview Details – Met the HR personnel in Information Session. The first email was about answering some questions. Got a phone interview about 2-3 weeks later. The interview was mostly about my resume and some regular questions, though having a hard time trying to understand the accent.

Interview Question – What do you mean by company culture?   View Answer

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview Details – On campus recurting. 30 minute face to face interview

Interview Question – Do you have any experience to apply what you have learn in the class into the real environment?   Answer Question

Optical Engineer Interview

Optical Engineer
Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2013.

Interview Details – The initial interview took place over the phone after i gave them my information at career fair. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. After this point, i was invited down to tour their Milpitis facility. I met with two engineers and the division and program heads and then an offer was made.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself bringing to this company if you are offered a position?   Answer Question

Buyer/Planner Interview

Buyer/Planner

Interviewed at KLA-Tencor

Interview Details – Interview process included the following:
- Phone interview
- 3 hr onsite interview with management
- Follow up phone interview

Interview Question – How can you satisfy customer demand and balance the constraints of material availability and manufacturing build capacity?   Answer Question