KLA-Tencor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2014

3.1

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2013.

The interview process is tough. First, the company will phone screen you and if it looks good, the HR will call you in for face-to-face interview with at least 4 engineers and managers and director.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you tough technical questions.   View Answer

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malta, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malta, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in March 2013.

Submitted the application at campus job fair. Get an on-campus interview first. one month later, got the phoneinterview notification. The competition is fiercely, they will pick 3 persons out of 30 first round interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • what will you do when will have a lot of stuffs to do?   View Answer
    no negotiation

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2012.

Applied through Campus Jab Fair.
    Few weeks later, did phone interview (typical questions)
    Two weeks later, did on-site interview

Interview Questions
    • 1 minute impromptu speech with a choice of a picture from a bundle of pictures.   View Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2012.

Three phone interviews two of them were technical nature. Didn't hear about salary range until the third interview. Was flown out for an all day interview with the team I would be working with. Some of the questions were very technical but not all. All the interviewers were sharp people. They were very accommodating and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Describe all the components, and it's function, of a Nomarski Phase Contrast microscope.   View Answer
    • Describe the interaction of an ultra short, high intensity laser pulse with a metal.   View Answer
    • Explain how an ellipsometer measures n and k.   View Answer

Too expensive in San Jose. Bad traffic.

Research Scientist Interview

Contacted by HR, an unexpected position to me.
    Got phone call from the manager. It lasted for half an hour, all general questions.
    Unfortunately, my background does not fit this position.

Applications Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2013.

Applied online through the website and got an email asking a few general questions. Then got another mail regarding interview call. Scheduled an interview and the interview went on for 30 minutes. It was a simple interview with just a resume run-through. The questions were fine.

Applications Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Met the HR personnel in Information Session. The first email was about answering some questions. Got a phone interview about 2-3 weeks later. The interview was mostly about my resume and some regular questions, though having a hard time trying to understand the accent.

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

On campus recurting. 30 minute face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any experience to apply what you have learn in the class into the real environment?   Answer Question

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2013.

The initial interview took place over the phone after i gave them my information at career fair. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. After this point, i was invited down to tour their Milpitis facility. I met with two engineers and the division and program heads and then an offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see yourself bringing to this company if you are offered a position?   Answer Question

Buyer/Planner Interview

Interview process included the following:
    - Phone interview
    - 3 hr onsite interview with management
    - Follow up phone interview

Interview Questions
    • How can you satisfy customer demand and balance the constraints of material availability and manufacturing build capacity?   Answer Question