KLA-Tencor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

3.2

Buyer/Planner Interview

Interview

Interview process included the following:
    - Phone interview
    - 3 hr onsite interview with management
    - Follow up phone interview

Interview Questions

• How can you satisfy customer demand and balance the constraints of material availability and manufacturing build capacity?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online through the website and got an email asking a few general questions. Then got another mail regarding interview call. Scheduled an interview and the interview went on for 30 minutes. It was a simple interview with just a resume run-through. The questions were fine.

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The initial interview took place over the phone after i gave them my information at career fair. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. After this point, i was invited down to tour their Milpitis facility. I met with two engineers and the division and program heads and then an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself bringing to this company if you are offered a position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process is tough. First, the company will phone screen you and if it looks good, the HR will call you in for face-to-face interview with at least 4 engineers and managers and director.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you tough technical questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2013.

Interview

Meet them on campus career fair and handed in my resume to the HR people. They looked carefully and told me to apply for an intern position for modeling as my skills includes modeling. A phone interview was scheduled but the job was not really suitable for me. It was also my first phone interview so I was too nervous. I was asked a lot of questions from previous experience and the questions are all technical. Didn't do well and nothing followed up.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of specific technical questions, I did not prepare well   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I got a phone call the other after I submitted my resume on their website. Asked me a few general questions like relocation preference. Told me another phone interview from application manager will be arranged in next two weeks. Very excited!

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (San Jose, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied through Campus Jab Fair.
    Few weeks later, did phone interview (typical questions)
    Two weeks later, did on-site interview

Interview Questions

• 1 minute impromptu speech with a choice of a picture from a bundle of pictures.   1 Answer

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Rochester, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I got this interview after career fair in my school. HR asked about all the general and behavior questions. Like talk about yourself. How you know our company?

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Application process was easy throughout our school career web site - then skype interview, pretty much behavioral questions such as; give me an example where you.... Thus got an e-mail a few days later inviting for a final round interview on campus. I had 6 interviews back to back, again behavioral questions plus a get to know approach. They did not send a message that everyone was aligned with the objectives of the company, for me they were more concerned about their own work on a daily basis, which could leads to a high level o ambiguity when having to define your work or strategy towards company's goals.

Interview Questions

• Personal questions where there's no right or wrong and makes no sense at all in the context of the interview.   Answer Question

I had another offer from company that was more aligned to my interests and values.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Career Fair: Here you hand in your resume and have a chat with representatives about opportunities that would suit you and how the company works
    Information Session: Here an official overview about the company is provided and then you can hand in resumes, have in-depth conversations with experienced employees
    On-Campus Interview: If shortlisted, you are invited for a reasonably rigorous, tech+behavioral on-campus interview
    On-Site Interview: 2-4 candidates are selected for each job to come on site and have a rigorous day of interviewing with team members

Interview Questions

• Tech question on edge detection in an image:
      Here is an image from an optical/SEM tool. The objective is to use this as a reference to compare with other images and find a match. What technique would you use?

1 Answer